Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SiFi270

SiFi270's little addons you might find handy?

Posted (edited)

At first this thread was for translated Heretic enemies so you can tell the melee and fireball-throwing types apart, but then I figured it could be an all-purpose addons thread like some people have. Below is the original post from when it was just the Heretic thing.

Spoiler

HTIC00.png.cd74c20498f97cf0f74e5b7e40ebec3b.png

This is a patch for Heretic that makes the Gargoyles and Golems green by default, and then has the projectile throwing variants closer to their original colors. This requires a source port that supports .hhe patches, and the only ones I know of are Chocolate, Crispy, and others derived from Chocolate. For Chocolate, your command line should look something like this:

chocolate-heretic -merge gargolt.wad -deh gargolt.hhe -hhever 1.3

And for Crispy Doom you just replace "chocolate" with "crispy" and "merge" with "file".

One known issue is that if you kill a projectile throwing monster, its gibs will still match the colors of the melee-only version. I don't think there's anything I can do about that.

edit: If you downloaded this before this message was here you'll have a version where the fire gargoyles are yellow instead of red. Downloading again should fix this.

gargolt.rar - The original reason for this thread. I'm currently planning an update where I do something similar for the exploding pods and add ZDoom support because that should be really easy. In the meantime, look in the spoiler above for instructions.

chexsbar.rar - Doom-style weapon and ammo lists on the Chex Quest status bar! @NightFright did all the hard work here. Check out their super versatile version for the ZDoom family.

More to come? I kinda hope so.

Edited by SiFi270

hey i know this thread is 6 years old but have u updated and not told anyone??????? if so this is a realy hlepful bump!!!!!!!!!

No wait that might get me another shitposting warning. I just want people to know that I've repurposed this thread and it has new stuff.