Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blake00

New Picard trailer just dropped

Posted (edited)

Any one else pumped for this?? As the creator of Star Trek TNG vs the Borg ZDoom clearly it should be no surprise that I am haha! :P

Data, 7 of 9, the Borg, Hugh (borg guy from TNG), and apparently Riker & Troi too.. all back!! 

CBS region locked the trailer surprise surprise but I found a amazon international one:

EDIT: CBS trailer for US (which I can't play):

Edited by Blake00

No fellow trek fans here?? considering how many people posted in my star trek doom thread here I'm kinda surprised no one blinks an eye over a new star trek show trailer haha.

Oh well if there are some quiet fans here I just found this trailer analysis by Trek Central. Looks like they going with post apocalypse (the controversial supernova event) Romulan's experimenting with Borg technology presumably to try and regain some lost power. Gotta love the lab sign saying 5,843 days without assimilation lol! Looks like they have control of a cube too. Considering Romulan's and Borg were my favourite villains from TNG this pleases me greatly.

Didn't see this thread before. Anyway, I'm super hyped for this show after the trailer. The TNG era was always my favorite Trek and I'm glad they're returning to that era. Damn all these prequel and alternate timelines things!

Yes I'm a trekkie , and I couldn't  be more excited for this series. My favourite captain back in action after all this time will be something to behold......... I hope.

Posted (edited)

Hrr it be saying video not available (analysis one does work tho). Oh well, I'm certainly looking forward to this.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

Hrr it be saying video not available (analysis one does work tho). Oh well, I'm certainly looking forward to this.

I've put in the CBS USA one into the OP too that I can't play here in Australia. Apparently if you're in Canada you can't see either of these trailers cause the universe hates you lol.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Blake00 said:

I've put in the CBS USA one into the OP too that I can't play here in Australia. Apparently if you're in Canada you can't see either of these trailers cause the universe hates you lol.

Yes, the universe can be annoying like that sometimes.

Anyhow I did finally find it on these pages....

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/data-the-borg-and-seven-of-nine-confirmed-for-star-trek-picard/

https://metro.co.uk/video/star-trek-picard-official-trailer-1969828/

My guess is that the girl is someone cloned from Picard's DNA (both the Romulans and Borg would have it) using Borg technology. There seems to be as much emphasis on her as on Jean-Luc in the trailer. Also, if they want to continue this series without Patrick Stewart for whatever reason, they would still have his "daughter". Thus, the title of the series "Picard" refers not only to our favorite captain, but the girl as well.

I for one am happy to have proof there's something beyond the DS9 timeline in the alpha quadrant to prove that Odo's people didn't take over.  DS9 so underrated it's become the most overrated.

While we all love TNG and Picard... this won't be TNG. I fear it will be more like Discovery where you better like the main storyline, because that's 80% of the show. A lot of fans seem to just want that early 90s version of Trek and not the giant budget Trek that it's become.

I was fearing for a while it would be old Picard reciting his memories from pre TNG, because that franchise loves to go to the past and not the future. As Rick Berman said it's a struggle going to the future, because how much more futuristic can you make a futuristic star ship?

With Seven of Nine on board it can't fail! Voyager still somehow manages to be one of Netflix top shows.

Also didn't Brent Spiner say he's retiring as Data, because Data can't age, while he has.

Speaking of Data, there was a fan theory going that Lore was Data for an entire season and Data is that third android they found to end Nemesis with.

Posted (edited)

It's like Patrick Stewart has not aged in 20something years..

Posted (edited)

Oooooh looks like Robert Picardo, the EMH Doctor from Voyager might be in Star Trek Picard too. God this show opens up so many cool things for not just TNG fans but Voyager and DS9 fans too! :)

YES!!!!!!! I love The Doctor from Voyager. I hadn't heard this so thank you for posting.