Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carter

TRANSPORTED TO HELL.wad

Transported to hell.wad is my new wad!

This was tested with GZDOOM 4.1.3

Jumping and crouching is not needed, but allowed.

This is a single level, and there is custom monsters.

I used GZDoom Builder and SLADE.

----Custom Monsters----

Baby Cacodemon (https://realm667.com/index.php/en/beastiary-mainmenu-136-69621/doom-style-mainmenu-105-73113/1597-baby-cacodemon)

Beheaded Kamikaze (https://realm667.com/index.php/en/beastiary-mainmenu-136-69621/doom-style-mainmenu-105-73113/747-beheaded-kamikazi)

Divine Shadow (https://realm667.com/index.php/en/beastiary-mainmenu-136-69621/doom-style-mainmenu-105-73113/1824-divine-shadow)

----SCREENSHOTS----

Screenshot_Doom_20190721_112714.png.8968d2439d02bd925ecb740114a44751.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190721_112722.png.0c9fc4e31ddabd18ba32ca733bc5ef8c.png

----DESCRIPTION----

This is a sequel to pipeline.

You got out of there, and you ran for your life. You are in the forest, and you come across something strange,

it seems to be a teleporter of some kind.

----DOWNLOAD----

TRANSPORTED TO HELL.zip

Enjoy!

(NOTE: The boss is very hard, but it is possible! I beat him with no cheats.)

Its okay, feels like it was made in the 90's. It could use more varied lighting and more complex geometry. Also the beheaded kamikazes right in front of the door is pretty cheap. 

Did a playthrough of the map:

It was very corridor orientated - Go down one corridor, blast monsters, rinse and repeat. It was also vertically challenged - Either too much vertical height (That blood waterfall down to the shotgunners) or with no height variation at all (It's often a good idea to drop your liquids slightly lower than the normal floor, to create a pooling effect).

The custom monsters didn't add too much unfortunately. An arch vile that shoots BFG missiles is the thing of nightmares, though!

3 hours ago, Magicana said:

It was very corridor orientated - Go down one corridor, blast monsters, rinse and repeat. It was also vertically challenged - Either too much vertical height (That blood waterfall down to the shotgunners) or with no height variation at all (It's often a good idea to drop your liquids slightly lower than the normal floor, to create a pooling effect).

The custom monsters didn't add too much unfortunately. An arch vile that shoots BFG missiles is the thing of nightmares, though!

I beat the boss on first try, then I got worse and worse somehow..

Thank you for your feedback, Like always I will use your feedback to improve my next maps, nice job on beating the boss.

10 hours ago, Sir Hattington said:

Its okay, feels like it was made in the 90's. It could use more varied lighting and more complex geometry. Also the beheaded kamikazes right in front of the door is pretty cheap. 

Thank you for your feedback, I will use your feedback to improve my next maps.

I've completed your map on UV in 2.20 minutes, with 100% kills, 100% items and 100% secrets.

The map was an extremly short and simple hellish cave, with no challenge at all before the final room.

But starting with the visuals:

The first area has an incredible hall of mirrors everywhere, and it is not a good thing to start a map. But ok, if we proceed we have a simple, square-shaped place without decorations or light variation. The textures where anonymous and there was no atmosphere at all. 

The blood was on the same level as the rest of the floor, and it is always a nice touch to change the height of the floor if you want to change its texture. 

Thing placement: 

there where a couple of ambushes with the kamikazes, but I was expecting them to be behinf the doors so they were no threat at all. The baby cacodemon is totally useless. They serve no purpose where you have placed them, an it seems that they are here only because they are a new type of monster.

The final fight was interesting but the room was quite awful for this fight. The start attack of the shadow, with all the plasma balls spreading around is really hard to dodge in such a small place. A bigger room with more cover, and some other enemies to help the boss is better in my opinion.

General design:

nothing to say here. I mean, there is no design. The map is a simple corridor with a couple of turns and that's all.You can surely improve here.

A low quality work. You have understood some principles, like locking the player in etc., and you seem to know how to edit your wad, but it is time to learn some visual principles as well, and to improve you general layout.

4 hours ago, Simomarchi said:

I've completed your map on UV in 2.20 minutes, with 100% kills, 100% items and 100% secrets.

The map was an extremly short and simple hellish cave, with no challenge at all before the final room.

But starting with the visuals:

The first area has an incredible hall of mirrors everywhere, and it is not a good thing to start a map. But ok, if we proceed we have a simple, square-shaped place without decorations or light variation. The textures where anonymous and there was no atmosphere at all. 

The blood was on the same level as the rest of the floor, and it is always a nice touch to change the height of the floor if you want to change its texture. 

Thing placement: 

there where a couple of ambushes with the kamikazes, but I was expecting them to be behinf the doors so they were no threat at all. The baby cacodemon is totally useless. They serve no purpose where you have placed them, an it seems that they are here only because they are a new type of monster.

The final fight was interesting but the room was quite awful for this fight. The start attack of the shadow, with all the plasma balls spreading around is really hard to dodge in such a small place. A bigger room with more cover, and some other enemies to help the boss is better in my opinion.

General design:

nothing to say here. I mean, there is no design. The map is a simple corridor with a couple of turns and that's all.You can surely improve here.

A low quality work. You have understood some principles, like locking the player in etc., and you seem to know how to edit your wad, but it is time to learn some visual principles as well, and to improve you general layout.

8 hours ago, Magicana said:

15 hours ago, Sir Hattington said:

Thank you all for the feedback, I am gonna start working on my first mega wad! There will be 2 maps, and I will use all your feedback, to improve it as much as possible. Thank you all.

2 or 20? Because a megawad of 2 maps is not...mega. However, I suggest to create a good map with strong bases and a good flow before starting to create such an ambitioun project, but this is only my opinion. Building a lot of maps can be really useful as well.

22 minutes ago, Simomarchi said:

2 or 20? Because a megawad of 2 maps is not...mega. However, I suggest to create a good map with strong bases and a good flow before starting to create such an ambitioun project, but this is only my opinion. Building a lot of maps can be really useful as well.

Im doing 2 maps, I might do 3. Yeah not really mega but whatever. Thank you for all your feedback!

43 minutes ago, carter1027 said:

Im doing 2 maps, I might do 3. Yeah not really mega but whatever. Thank you for all your feedback!

For clarification: you will probably want to refer to your WAD as merely a WAD or episode. Megawads typically contain 15 to 32 maps.

3 minutes ago, noisebloom said:

For clarification: you will probably want to refer to your WAD as merely a WAD or episode. Megawads typically contain 15 to 32 maps.

Oh, thank you for that.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/457022637

I play this at 3:22:36 into this playtest livestream. The choice of custom monster for the boss was commendable (despite being in a very dull looking room); too bad the wad seemed to somehow have LESS detailing than in Pipeline, and was still very linear & blocky.

On 7/23/2019 at 3:20 PM, Suitepee said:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/457022637

I play this at 3:22:36 into this playtest livestream. The choice of custom monster for the boss was commendable (despite being in a very dull looking room); too bad the wad seemed to somehow have LESS detailing than in Pipeline, and was still very linear & blocky.

Well this took me a while to respond.. whoops Anyway, besides that I felt like most people would dislike my map, I have no idea why. Thank you for the reply, i'm hoping to fix the blocky linear lands.