Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaws In Space

Hell Revealed tribute maps

Very fun map. I like the use of the new textures, they work very well with the doom2 textures.

I'm not sure if the invulnerability should be a secret, as it is not hidden at all.

I also found a stuck arachnotron here:

Spoiler

HR3spider.jpg.7621f878b525768c2370135d06064d6f.jpg

1 hour ago, Danlex said:

Very fun map. I like the use of the new textures, they work very well with the doom2 textures.

I'm not sure if the invulnerability should be a secret, as it is not hidden at all.

I also found a stuck arachnotron.

Thanks glad you liked it :)

I think that MTX complained about there being no secrets in the map, so I just added one where it kinda worked. It was either that or mark the exit as a secret to ensure 100% on the score screen. Yup that's a stuck arachnotron, I'll fix that before posting to idgames.

Seemed like a good tribute map to me, one of the better HR Maps That I kind of remember.. plenty of ammo to probably spam BFG non stop if you routed it. I also recorded a playthrough if you are interested in that ill send it to you via message. ( I played slow and bad since i was going for a saveless/blind playthrough)

Absolutely beautiful map. It destroyed me completely every time though; I'm not skilled enough at slaughter :(

Just downloaded it and it looks pretty good, but extremely brutal beginning.

You should make a megawad and call it Hell Revealed 3 or Hell Revealed Revisited

13 hours ago, Bdubzzz said:

Seemed like a good tribute map to me, one of the better HR Maps That I kind of remember.. plenty of ammo to probably spam BFG non stop if you routed it. I also recorded a playthrough if you are interested in that ill send it to you via message. ( I played slow and bad since i was going for a saveless/blind playthrough)

Thanks! No need to send me the video, pretty sure I've got the map to how I want it to play so I'm really just looking for any bugs that I may have missed before final release.

6 hours ago, Magicana said:

Absolutely beautiful map. It destroyed me completely every time though; I'm not skilled enough at slaughter :(

Thank you, glad you think it looks good. I like to keep my visuals simple yet effective so I'm glad it worked out here. The map does have difficulty settings, so if you want you could try on one of the lower skills.

52 minutes ago, Lingyan203 said:

Just downloaded it and it looks pretty good, but extremely brutal beginning.

You should make a megawad and call it Hell Revealed 3 or Hell Revealed Revisited

Yep the start is quite tough, you should have seen it before I got some testing feedback :D Once you get past it though it should be smooth sailing, I mean as smooth as a slaughtermap can be anyways.

Also no I have no intention of ever making a Hell Revealed project. I know I'm probably getting known for being the sequel guy, but HR3 is a wad that would benefit from somebody else being in charge.

Crispy Doom, UV FDA blind: Galcouldnotresist.zip

Intended to exit under 30 minutes of playing so that's the further I got (twenty-something if you want to watch it, grab popcorn cus it's long), where dropping a save would be my typical move. So far a delightful tribute with a touch of contemporary mapping flavor, solid reinterpretation of one of the most memorable HR maps. Everything was put to good pressuring but I'd say the star goes to the arachnotrons unless something else that I didn't get to see yet steals the show. Will definitely sit down to play it more seriously another time.

3 hours ago, Jaws In Space said:

Thank you, glad you think it looks good. I like to keep my visuals simple yet effective so I'm glad it worked out here. The map does have difficulty settings, so if you want you could try on one of the lower skills.

Yeah, I dropped down from UV to HMP (Which is how I played the original HR) and got further, but still got rekt. As I was playing, I was thinking "Why are there so many boxes of rockets AND NO ROCKET LAUNCHER". I opened Doom Builder to do a things search. Turns out you gave it to me right before the BFG in that starting area. Felt like such an idiot; half my struggle was from ammo because I was spamming the BFG.

On 7/22/2019 at 11:34 PM, Magicana said:

Yeah, I dropped down from UV to HMP (Which is how I played the original HR) and got further, but still got rekt. As I was playing, I was thinking "Why are there so many boxes of rockets AND NO ROCKET LAUNCHER". I opened Doom Builder to do a things search. Turns out you gave it to me right before the BFG in that starting area. Felt like such an idiot; half my struggle was from ammo because I was spamming the BFG.

same here about RL ahah

Hey guys since the reception of the first map has been so positive I've decided to make 1 more of these tribute maps. The new map is based on The Path, & it plays on map 1 with the custom midi 2 Stars by Dial-Up. There's been a few other changes made to this wad as well, I've made a custom status bar & added a hellish sky made by Eradrop.

Download it here Hell Revealed Returns

3Ge2j47.png

Edited by Jaws In Space

Jaws, please make more, idk I'll help you if you want to but please we need more!

Seriously though, these are so fun to run aimlessly for the first minutes and then build a route based on exploration under constant pressure, it then takes some effort to memorize where things are since everything is brown, which is to expect in this kind of map. I also dig the simplicity of the red blood status bar too. 

HRtributeFDAbygal.zip

I made a blind FDA with an exit at 28 minutes with 100% everything, plus extra minutes from deaths would be a total of 40 minutes maybe. Dunno if you're going to watch but I made it as a sort of "placebo" to enjoy the map more. Recorded with Crispy.

54 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Jaws, please make more, idk I'll help you if you want to but please we need more!

Seriously though, these are so fun to run aimlessly for the first minutes and then build a route based on exploration under constant pressure, it then takes some effort to memorize where things are since everything is brown, which is to expect in this kind of map. I also dig the simplicity of the red blood status bar too. 

HRtributeFDAbygal.zip

I made a blind FDA with an exit at 28 minutes with 100% everything, plus extra minutes from deaths would be a total of 40 minutes maybe. Dunno if you're going to watch but I made it as a sort of "placebo" to enjoy the map more. Recorded with Crispy.

Glad you are enjoying these maps. I plan on making one more & then I'll call it good. Might be awhile before I get to it tough.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I just watched galileo's demo. Everyone should get the latest update. I somehow flagged 4 of the 5 rocket launchers to not appear on UV, which is now fixed.

Hey made a FDA demo, was fun but the only thing i found annoying was clearing all the mancs but thats cause i was running low on rockets.. found the secrets after which would of helped for that :p HRRv2.1-FDA.zip

2 for the price of one! New maps! I'll make one more of these remakes & then I will be done & move on to other things, this last one is going to take awhile.

New Map 1

MLzAI9A.png

New Map 3

kx2zIFW.png

Some FDA's: HRRv0.4-FDA.zip

Map 01:

Spoiler

Really needs more ammo of sorts for the PE trap or no vile.. if you cant get to the vile and barely have any ammo ( like i did) well... you can see what happens, not sure how i survived :p 

Map 03:

Spoiler

Fun map... Looks like 4 monsters at the end (im guessing viles) never came out of their spots unless I skipped a linedef or something. 

35 minutes ago, Bdubzzz said:

Some FDA's: HRRv0.4-FDA.zip

Map 01:

Reveal hidden contents

Really needs more ammo of sorts for the PE trap or no vile.. if you cant get to the vile and barely have any ammo ( like i did) well... you can see what happens, not sure how i survived :p 

Map 03:

Reveal hidden contents

Fun map... Looks like 4 monsters at the end (im guessing viles) never came out of their spots unless I skipped a linedef or something. 

Thanks for the demos, I don't know what the heck my problem has been with these maps and tagging items incorrectly. You should have had 60 additional rockets & 120 cells for that PE fight, but for some reason I tagged them multiplayer only. I'll fix a few other issues I noticed in your demo like floating health packs & a gate that should be impassible.

Oops, I simply forgot to tag the arch-vile doors to open in map 3.

Is this wad ever going to go on the idgames archive or is this still a work in progress? I don't see it on the archive.

It's still a work in progress. I want to make 2 more maps before I am done. In addition I've received a few messages from several mappers who are interested in contributing a few maps to this as well. Roofi already has given me 5 & Xulgonoth is working on at least 2 maps. I was hoping to put a lot more focus on this wad starting in July, but it really depends on whether Perdition's Gate Resurgence is finished by then or not. Also Realm of Chaos 2 is nearing completion, possibly as soon as August, so I'll need to focus on that a bit for the next few month's as well. So things might start moving a bit faster with this project in July or August , but I probably will not be able to put all of my effort into this until closer to the end of the year.

I've just completed the four map version of this, playing in UV continuous with saves. MAP01 is solid and very playable, no complaints. MAP02 is dragged down a little in my view for having so great a surface area of damaging floors, but it's a pretty epic experience. MAP03 excellent, though essentially based around choreographed set piece fights: I wouldn't have believed it possible to survive that Cyberdemon spawning right behind the player in a confined space at the start, but it's surprising how often it's possible to get it infighting with the other monsters, which must be the intended way to play it. The opening section of MAP04 is one of the toughest I've ever come across, and it took at least 30 attempts to survive as far as the yellow key: on numerous occasions I killed 170-180 monsters (223 once), only to be greeted with yet another wave. Those Archviles lurking in the building are a very sadistic touch - they can even kill you in the starting room! I think there must have been around 35 AVs in this map on UV.

Edited by Summer Deep