Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scorpio

Recycling Plant (DOOM II)

Hello to all!
This is my second wad - "Recycling Plant". Arena-like and action-filled map.

Enjoy!

Screenshot_Doom_20190723_084330.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190723_084350.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190723_084523.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190723_084442.png

>> Recycling Plant.zip <<

Edited by Kuleshoff : Replaced the corrected map

Did a playthrough;

Things I like: The slow loop and gradual unlocking of the map

Things I dislike: D_RUNNIN (Use Slade to copy a better music track across and rename the track to D_RUNNIN, easy fix).

Nice design and appearance. I thought the map was short enough to excuse the lack of monster variety. It does have at least five types, and even the hell knights weren't poorly used. I thought the secrets were rather boring and the map was a flat. There was the appearance of depth, but Doomguy never went up or down more than what, 64 units?

I don't think changing the music is that important in a short second map that is not really even trying to be presented as something "official." People can put on their own obscure metal or they can idmus. Not that big a deal. That being said, it is, as Magicana points out, a rather easy process. If you haven't used Slade before, it sounds daunting to have to deal with a whole other program, but it's pretty simple.

That was a pretty decent map, I liked it. I personally didn't have an issue with the monster variety and usage, I thought it was fine. My only gripe is that the map layout is a bit too cubic/symmetrical, which tends to give maps a very sterile and uniform impression, something I'm personally not a fan of in maps. What mattered in the end though is that I enjoyed playing it, and I certainly did. Well done!

Also, these midtextures were freaking out. I played on zDoom software mode rather than opengl or hardware accelerated, which I believe correct this issue automatically. This usually happens when the bottom of a midtexture in between two sectors isn't flush with or above the floor.

Screenshot_Doom_20190724_152436.png.82c3482d05560b70f7b05346273b7567.png

On 7/24/2019 at 10:39 PM, Count651 said:

Also, these midtextures were freaking out. I played on zDoom software mode rather than opengl or hardware accelerated, which I believe correct this issue automatically. This usually happens when the bottom of a midtexture in between two sectors isn't flush with or above the floor.

Thanks for the information. Following the advice of the user https://www.doomworld.com/profile/6597-pcorf/, I fixed the problem and reloaded the archive.

Edited by Kuleshoff