Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BabyGiggles

Doom Eternal's Difficulty

Here's what I think the difficulty might be within Doom Eternal, particularly, hurt me plenty, ultra-violence, nightmare and ultra-nightmare

Hurt me plenty: Will have standard AI, less aggressive behavior and extra lives will be in the campaign (three lives)

Ultra-violence: Will have a more aggressive or even smarter AI and again, lives will be in the campaign (also three lives) 

Nightmare: Nightmare will have very tough and smart AI, once you die, you restart the mission and lives will be out of the picture

Ultra-Nightmare: This difficulty will have the same AI as nightmare, once you die you restart the entire campaign and extra lives are not in the campaign

These are my predictions, do you agree with me? What do you guys think the difficulties will be?

I think I heard/read somewhere that there are two higher and two lower difficulties than the normal (Hurt me plenty). I would like one of these difficulty levels to have lives but when you use them all up you restart the campaign. This would greatly add to the experience by reducing the constant tension throughout the entire campaign which would allow players to play the game in a more relaxed mindset even if there is a risk of restarting the campaign. I found myself playing bad many times only because I was afraid of dying. Would also like not to have a limit on the amount of collected lives which I think is the case since the player had 4 lives at some point in the demo.

1 hour ago, Hofmann said:

I think I heard/read somewhere that there are two higher and two lower difficulties than the normal (Hurt me plenty).

If that's the case, I'm calling a full-on throwback to the original's difficulty names.

Apparently the gameplay from E3 was played on the "middle difficulty" and it was brutal. Maybe, they are going completely back to classic roots where the difficulty changes the monster count instead of health & damage this time?

Medium difficulty is harder in Doom Eternal than UV is in 2016.  It might be that I am new to the game but there is a lot more depth in the combat meta and the types of enemies that come at you.

36 minutes ago, Zemini said:

Medium difficulty is harder in Doom Eternal than UV is in 2016.  

I'm very much looking forward to this.