Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
  • 0
WatermelonPL

SLADE crashes everytime I try to open or create a file

Question

Version: 3.1.5
No current action

Operating System: Windows 10 (build 18362), 64-bit edition
Graphics Vendor: OpenGL not initialised
Graphics Hardware: OpenGL not initialised
OpenGL Version: OpenGL not initialised

Stack Trace:
0: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\msw\ole\activex.cpp:941) wxActiveXContainer::CreateActiveX
1: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\msw\ole\activex.cpp:852) wxActiveXContainer::wxActiveXContainer
2: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\msw\mediactrl_am.cpp:1053) wxAMMediaBackend::CreateControl
3: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\mediactrlcmn.cpp:125) wxMediaCtrl::Create
4: (h:\dev\slade\build\src\maineditor\ui\entrypanel\audioentrypanel.cpp:94) AudioEntryPanel::AudioEntryPanel
5: (h:\dev\slade\build\src\maineditor\ui\archivepanel.cpp:369) ArchivePanel::ArchivePanel
6: (h:\dev\slade\build\src\maineditor\ui\archivemanagerpanel.cpp:901) ArchiveManagerPanel::openTab
7: (h:\dev\slade\build\src\maineditor\ui\archivemanagerpanel.cpp:1437) ArchiveManagerPanel::createNewArchive
8: (h:\dev\slade\build\src\maineditor\ui\archivemanagerpanel.cpp:2035) ArchiveManagerPanel::handleAction
9: (h:\dev\slade\build\src\general\saction.cpp:529) SActionHandler::doAction
10: (h:\dev\slade\build\src\maineditor\ui\startpage.cpp:450) SStartPage::onHTMLLinkClicked
11: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\appbase.cpp:658) wxAppConsoleBase::HandleEvent
12: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\appbase.cpp:669) wxAppConsoleBase::CallEventHandler
13: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\event.cpp:1398) wxEvtHandler::ProcessEventIfMatchesId
14: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\event.cpp:1868) wxEvtHandler::SearchDynamicEventTable
15: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\event.cpp:1589) wxEvtHandler::TryHereOnly
16: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\event.cpp:1499) wxEvtHandler::ProcessEvent
17: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\event.cpp:1627) wxEvtHandler::SafelyProcessEvent
18: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\msw\webview_ie.cpp:1311) wxWebViewIE::onActiveXEvent
19: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\appbase.cpp:658) wxAppConsoleBase::HandleEvent
20: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\appbase.cpp:669) wxAppConsoleBase::CallEventHandler
21: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\event.cpp:1398) wxEvtHandler::ProcessEventIfMatchesId
22: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\event.cpp:1004) wxEventHashTable::HandleEvent
23: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\event.cpp:1593) wxEvtHandler::TryHereOnly
24: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\event.cpp:1499) wxEvtHandler::ProcessEvent
25: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\wincmn.cpp:3456) wxWindowBase::TryAfter
26: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\event.cpp:1512) wxEvtHandler::ProcessEvent
27: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\msw\ole\activex.cpp:744) wxActiveXEvents::Invoke
28: [unknown location] Ordinal253
29: [unknown location] Ordinal253
30: [unknown location] Ordinal253
31: [unknown location] Ordinal222
32: [unknown location] Ordinal165
33: [unknown location] TravelLogCreateInstance
34: [unknown location] TravelLogCreateInstance
35: [unknown location] TravelLogCreateInstance
36: [unknown location] TravelLogCreateInstance
37: [unknown location] CreateHTMLPropertyPage
38: [unknown location] ConvertAndEscapePostData
39: [unknown location] RunHTMLApplication
40: [unknown location] CreateHTMLPropertyPage
41: [unknown location] CreateHTMLPropertyPage
42: [unknown location] RunHTMLApplication
43: [unknown location] CreateHTMLPropertyPage
44: [unknown location] CreateHTMLPropertyPage
45: [unknown location] DllCanUnloadNow
46: [unknown location] CreateHTMLPropertyPage
47: [unknown location] CreateHTMLPropertyPage
48: [unknown location] CreateHTMLPropertyPage
49: [unknown location] DllCanUnloadNow
50: [unknown location] Ordinal105
51: [unknown location] Ordinal105
52: [unknown location] AddClipboardFormatListener
53: [unknown location] CallWindowProcW
54: [unknown location] DispatchMessageW
55: [unknown location] IsDialogMessageW
56: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\msw\window.cpp:2711) wxWindow::MSWSafeIsDialogMessage
57: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\msw\window.cpp:2595) wxWindow::MSWProcessMessage
58: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\msw\evtloop.cpp:145) wxGUIEventLoop::PreProcessMessage
59: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\msw\evtloop.cpp:163) wxGUIEventLoop::ProcessMessage
60: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\msw\evtloop.cpp:229) wxGUIEventLoop::Dispatch
61: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\evtloopcmn.cpp:228) wxEventLoopManual::ProcessEvents
62: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\evtloopcmn.cpp:268) wxEventLoopManual::DoRun
63: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\evtloopcmn.cpp:76) wxEventLoopBase::Run
64: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\appbase.cpp:380) wxAppConsoleBase::MainLoop
65: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\init.cpp:507) wxEntryReal
66: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\msw\main.cpp:184) wxEntry
67: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\msw\main.cpp:305) wxEntry
68: (h:\dev\slade\build\src\application\sladewxapp.cpp:477) WinMain
69: (f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253) __scrt_common_main_seh
70: [unknown location] BaseThreadInitThunk
71: [unknown location] RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath
72: [unknown location] RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath

Last Log Messages:
Error: Can't read value of 'HKLM\Software\GOG.com\Games\1135892318\Path' (error 2: Nie mo_na odnale__ okre_lonego pliku.)
Error: Can't open registry key 'HKLM\Software\GOG.com\Games\1435848742' (error 2: Nie mo_na odnale__ okre_lonego pliku.)
Error: Can't read value of 'HKLM\Software\GOG.com\Games\1435848742\Path' (error 2: Nie mo_na odnale__ okre_lonego pliku.)
Error: Can't open registry key 'HKLM\Software\GOG.com\Games\1435848742' (error 2: Nie mo_na odnale__ okre_lonego pliku.)
Error: Can't read value of 'HKLM\Software\GOG.com\Games\1435848742\Path' (error 2: Nie mo_na odnale__ okre_lonego pliku.)
Error: Can't open registry key 'HKLM\Software\GOG.com\Games\1432899949' (error 2: Nie mo_na odnale__ okre_lonego pliku.)
Error: Can't read value of 'HKLM\Software\GOG.com\Games\1432899949\Path' (error 2: Nie mo_na odnale__ okre_lonego pliku.)
Warning: No fluidsynth soundfont set, MIDI playback will not work
Error: can't open file 'C:\Users\WatermelonPL\AppData\Roaming\SLADE3\mapwindow.layout' (error 2: Nie mo_na odnale__ okre_lonego pliku.)
Tokenizer::openFile: Unable to open file C:\Users\WatermelonPL\AppData\Roaming\SLADE3\mapwindow.layout

As in title. On Github, when opened the issue, I waited 3 days for the reply. Deleting cfg files and reinstalling doesn't help. I'm tired of editing PK3 files with WinRAR.

Share this post


Link to post

18 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Have you tried installing older versions?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Well then, which was the last version to work? Or are they all broken now?

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Yeah, if a version as old as 3.1.0b is also broken for you, it's probably not a regression due to a recent change. That also makes it a lot harder to guess the problem. Do you have access to a different computer you could try it on?

 

I see you've closed the ticket on Github. Keep in mind it'll be interpreted as you not having a problem anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Posted (edited)

I don't have another computer. And I closed the ticked because I don't want to wait a week or more for the solution. I can try on virtual machine with XP or Vista. I tried some more versionsimage.png.720f8a5c5b7c21180b7b72a6f3197df3.png

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Yeah, but you could ask a friend or a relative to let you use their computer for five minutes to test something.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I could use my parents computer, but it so laggy, it woudn't make sense. It can lag when opening folders. When I used it, SLADE worked.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Just making sure:

 

The screenshot above indicates that you removed vc_redist.x86.exe

 Did you install it before removing it?

 

QNOuq83.png

 

 

You can check in Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features

 

jaxIAUA.png

 

if it is installed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
15 hours ago, Kappes Buur said:

Just making sure:

 

The screenshot above indicates that you removed vc_redist.x86.exe

 Did you install it before removing it?

 

QNOuq83.png

 

 

You can check in Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features

 

jaxIAUA.png

 

if it is installed.

 

image.png.7f8e7deaea1ec73f58ed8e1dc12c6ce1.png

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I just installed a newer Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Runtime,

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x86) 14.22.27821,
which replaced my old version,
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) 14.0.24215.

 

Running Slade3 and doing both, opening an existing pwad and creating a new wad archive and saving that, works without a hitch. So, Slade3 definitely works, at least with my computer setup.


Maybe go again through the process of downloading the Windows Binaries (7z) and installing it in a dedicated folder, not in Program Files or Program Files(x86). But before doing that, make sure to delete every trace of Slade3 on your computer. Since you used both, Windows Binaries (7z) and Windows Installer (exe) previously, also the entry in Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features, plus the Slade3 folder in \AppData\Roaming.

 

If that still does not work for you, then I don't know.
Your computer file system may have been corrupted in some way, in which case running it through MalwareBytes or alike may solve your problem.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Posted (edited)
On 7/27/2019 at 1:25 AM, Kappes Buur said:

I just installed a newer Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Runtime,

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x86) 14.22.27821,
which replaced my old version,
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) 14.0.24215.

 

Running Slade3 and doing both, opening an existing pwad and creating a new wad archive and saving that, works without a hitch. So, Slade3 definitely works, at least with my computer setup.


Maybe go again through the process of downloading the Windows Binaries (7z) and installing it in a dedicated folder, not in Program Files or Program Files(x86). But before doing that, make sure to delete every trace of Slade3 on your computer. Since you used both, Windows Binaries (7z) and Windows Installer (exe) previously, also the entry in Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features, plus the Slade3 folder in \AppData\Roaming.

 

If that still does not work for you, then I don't know.
Your computer file system may have been corrupted in some way, in which case running it through MalwareBytes or alike may solve your problem.

Well installing older runtime and scanning computer didn't help. I've installed SLADE in C:\SLADE\image.png.e671004326f16c1869837b3d152c2583.pngEDIT: SLADE tried for some reason to read DOOM 3's BFG WAD's 

"Error: Can't read value of 'HKLM\Software\GOG.com\Games\1435848814\Path' (error 2: Nie mo_na odnale__ okre_lonego pliku.)
Error: Can't open registry key 'HKLM\Software\GOG.com\Games\1135892318' (error 2: Nie mo_na odnale__ okre_lonego pliku.)
Error: Can't read value of 'HKLM\Software\GOG.com\Games\1135892318\Path' (error 2: Nie mo_na odnale__ okre_lonego pliku.)
Error: Can't open registry key 'HKLM\Software\GOG.com\Games\1435848742' (error 2: Nie mo_na odnale__ okre_lonego pliku.)
Error: Can't read value of 'HKLM\Software\GOG.com\Games\1435848742\Path' (error 2: Nie mo_na odnale__ okre_lonego pliku.)
Error: Can't open registry key 'HKLM\Software\GOG.com\Games\1435848742' (error 2: Nie mo_na odnale__ okre_lonego pliku.)
Error: Can't read value of 'HKLM\Software\GOG.com\Games\1435848742\Path' (error 2: Nie mo_na odnale__ okre_lonego pliku.)
Error: Can't open registry key 'HKLM\Software\GOG.com\Games\1432899949' (error 2: Nie mo_na odnale__ okre_lonego pliku.)
Error: Can't read value of 'HKLM\Software\GOG.com\Games\1432899949\Path' (error 2: Nie mo_na odnale__ okre_lonego pliku.)"

 

Edited by WatermelonPL

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Yeah, SLADE tries to autodetect Steam and GOG IWADs so as to build the "base resource archive" list. People not getting how to set a base resource archive and complaining about grayscale images has been a massive problem with SLADE for a long time, which has been largely reduced by using this automatic detection.

 

But it's not related to your issue. From the stack trace, the crash happens in wxWidget code when trying to connect to Windows audio services so as to create the sound/music playback panel. So there must be something particular about your computer that causes this issue.

 

I want to suggest something you can try. No warranty at all but it might circumvent the issue. You see the speaker icon at the bottom right corner of your Windows task bar? If you right-click on it, you should get a context menu option like "audio devices" or "playback devices" or something to that effect in Polish. If you choose it you'll get a window with a list of the audio systems installed on your PC.  Something like this:

 

EE8ZrbD.jpg

 

So here's what you can try: disable any and all playback devices. Set it to show disabled devices first, so that you can enable them back afterwards, of course. Once audio is disabled, try SLADE again. Perhaps with audio disabled, Windows will not do whatever it's doing that triggers the crash. After that experiment, whether it worked or not, you can enable audio again.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Gez said:

Yeah, SLADE tries to autodetect Steam and GOG IWADs so as to build the "base resource archive" list. People not getting how to set a base resource archive and complaining about grayscale images has been a massive problem with SLADE for a long time, which has been largely reduced by using this automatic detection.

 

But it's not related to your issue. From the stack trace, the crash happens in wxWidget code when trying to connect to Windows audio services so as to create the sound/music playback panel. So there must be something particular about your computer that causes this issue.

 

I want to suggest something you can try. No warranty at all but it might circumvent the issue. You see the speaker icon at the bottom right corner of your Windows task bar? If you right-click on it, you should get a context menu option like "audio devices" or "playback devices" or something to that effect in Polish. If you choose it you'll get a window with a list of the audio systems installed on your PC.  Something like this:

 

EE8ZrbD.jpg

 

So here's what you can try: disable any and all playback devices. Set it to show disabled devices first, so that you can enable them back afterwards, of course. Once audio is disabled, try SLADE again. Perhaps with audio disabled, Windows will not do whatever it's doing that triggers the crash. After that experiment, whether it worked or not, you can enable audio again.

It didn't help. Also, I've set base resource archives, from Steam and copied over to GZDoom dir.

image.png.b3890db6198f6445d1794d6ea9be8ccf.pngEDIT: SLADE now crashes with other problem

Version: 3.1.5
No current action

Operating System: Windows 10 (build 18362), 64-bit edition
Graphics Vendor: OpenGL not initialised
Graphics Hardware: OpenGL not initialised
OpenGL Version: OpenGL not initialised

Stack Trace:
0: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\msw\ole\activex.cpp:941) wxActiveXContainer::CreateActiveX
1: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\msw\ole\activex.cpp:852) wxActiveXContainer::wxActiveXContainer
2: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\msw\mediactrl_am.cpp:1053) wxAMMediaBackend::CreateControl
3: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\mediactrlcmn.cpp:125) wxMediaCtrl::Create
4: (h:\dev\slade\build\src\maineditor\ui\entrypanel\audioentrypanel.cpp:94) AudioEntryPanel::AudioEntryPanel
5: (h:\dev\slade\build\src\maineditor\ui\archivepanel.cpp:369) ArchivePanel::ArchivePanel
6: (h:\dev\slade\build\src\maineditor\ui\archivemanagerpanel.cpp:901) ArchiveManagerPanel::openTab
7: (h:\dev\slade\build\src\maineditor\ui\archivemanagerpanel.cpp:1437) ArchiveManagerPanel::createNewArchive
8: (h:\dev\slade\build\src\maineditor\ui\archivemanagerpanel.cpp:2035) ArchiveManagerPanel::handleAction
9: (h:\dev\slade\build\src\general\saction.cpp:529) SActionHandler::doAction
10: (h:\dev\slade\build\src\maineditor\ui\startpage.cpp:448) SStartPage::onHTMLLinkClicked
11: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\appbase.cpp:658) wxAppConsoleBase::HandleEvent
12: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\appbase.cpp:669) wxAppConsoleBase::CallEventHandler
13: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\event.cpp:1398) wxEvtHandler::ProcessEventIfMatchesId
14: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\event.cpp:1868) wxEvtHandler::SearchDynamicEventTable
15: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\event.cpp:1589) wxEvtHandler::TryHereOnly
16: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\event.cpp:1499) wxEvtHandler::ProcessEvent
17: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\event.cpp:1627) wxEvtHandler::SafelyProcessEvent
18: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\msw\webview_ie.cpp:1311) wxWebViewIE::onActiveXEvent
19: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\appbase.cpp:658) wxAppConsoleBase::HandleEvent
20: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\appbase.cpp:669) wxAppConsoleBase::CallEventHandler
21: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\event.cpp:1398) wxEvtHandler::ProcessEventIfMatchesId
22: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\event.cpp:1004) wxEventHashTable::HandleEvent
23: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\event.cpp:1593) wxEvtHandler::TryHereOnly
24: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\event.cpp:1499) wxEvtHandler::ProcessEvent
25: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\wincmn.cpp:3456) wxWindowBase::TryAfter
26: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\event.cpp:1512) wxEvtHandler::ProcessEvent
27: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\msw\ole\activex.cpp:744) wxActiveXEvents::Invoke
28: [unknown location] Ordinal253
29: [unknown location] Ordinal253
30: [unknown location] Ordinal253
31: [unknown location] Ordinal222
32: [unknown location] Ordinal165
33: [unknown location] TravelLogCreateInstance
34: [unknown location] TravelLogCreateInstance
35: [unknown location] TravelLogCreateInstance
36: [unknown location] TravelLogCreateInstance
37: [unknown location] CreateHTMLPropertyPage
38: [unknown location] ConvertAndEscapePostData
39: [unknown location] RunHTMLApplication
40: [unknown location] CreateHTMLPropertyPage
41: [unknown location] CreateHTMLPropertyPage
42: [unknown location] RunHTMLApplication
43: [unknown location] CreateHTMLPropertyPage
44: [unknown location] CreateHTMLPropertyPage
45: [unknown location] DllCanUnloadNow
46: [unknown location] CreateHTMLPropertyPage
47: [unknown location] CreateHTMLPropertyPage
48: [unknown location] CreateHTMLPropertyPage
49: [unknown location] DllCanUnloadNow
50: [unknown location] Ordinal105
51: [unknown location] Ordinal105
52: [unknown location] AddClipboardFormatListener
53: [unknown location] CallWindowProcW
54: [unknown location] DispatchMessageW
55: [unknown location] IsDialogMessageW
56: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\msw\window.cpp:2711) wxWindow::MSWSafeIsDialogMessage
57: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\msw\window.cpp:2595) wxWindow::MSWProcessMessage
58: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\msw\evtloop.cpp:145) wxGUIEventLoop::PreProcessMessage
59: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\msw\evtloop.cpp:163) wxGUIEventLoop::ProcessMessage
60: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\msw\evtloop.cpp:229) wxGUIEventLoop::Dispatch
61: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\evtloopcmn.cpp:228) wxEventLoopManual::ProcessEvents
62: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\evtloopcmn.cpp:268) wxEventLoopManual::DoRun
63: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\evtloopcmn.cpp:76) wxEventLoopBase::Run
64: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\appbase.cpp:380) wxAppConsoleBase::MainLoop
65: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\common\init.cpp:507) wxEntryReal
66: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\msw\main.cpp:184) wxEntry
67: (h:\dev\libs\wxwidgets-3.1.1\src\msw\main.cpp:305) wxEntry
68: (h:\dev\slade\build\src\application\sladewxapp.cpp:477) WinMain
69: (f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:253) __scrt_common_main_seh
70: [unknown location] BaseThreadInitThunk
71: [unknown location] RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath
72: [unknown location] RtlGetAppContainerNamedObjectPath

Last Log Messages:
Loading icons
Loading entry types
Loading text languages
Loading text style sets
Loading colour configuration
Loading base resource
Base resource loaded
Loading game configurations
SLADE Initialisation OK
Checking for updates...

 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

It's still crashing in wxWidgets code because it fails to create an ActiveX control for the media player. I think at this point the only solution for you would be a custom build with the entire AudioEntryPanel functionality disabled. The crash doesn't happen in SLADE's own code, but in the library it uses.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
21 hours ago, Gez said:

It's still crashing in wxWidgets code because it fails to create an ActiveX control for the media player. I think at this point the only solution for you would be a custom build with the entire AudioEntryPanel functionality disabled. The crash doesn't happen in SLADE's own code, but in the library it uses.

So, I would need to download source code and remove audio player? Well, audio player wasn't working anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

Something that might be simpler:

https://github.com/sirjuddington/SLADE/blob/master/src/MainEditor/UI/EntryPanel/AudioEntryPanel.cpp#L75

	wxRegKey key(
		wxRegKey::HKLM,
		"Software\\Microsoft\\Active Setup\\Installed Components\\{6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6}");
	long value = 0;
	key.QueryValue("IsInstalled", &value);
	if (value == 0)
	{
		Log::warning("Windows Media Player not installed, mp3 playback disabled.");
		media_ctrl_ = nullptr;
	}
	else
	{
		Log::info(3, "Windows Media Player installed, using wxMediaCtrl");
		media_ctrl_ = new wxMediaCtrl(this, -1);
	}

Here we have code that queries the Windows registry for a specific key corresponding to the Windows Media Player. Depending on the value of that key, the wxMediaCtrl that causes a crash for you is created or not. So here are two things you can try:

  1. Reinstall Windows Media Player. But if SLADE still crashes, here's the second thing to try:
  2. Using regedit.exe, navigate to HKeyLocalMachine\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\ etc. (the path in the code), and change the value of the "IsInstalled" key to 0.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Gez said:

Something that might be simpler:

https://github.com/sirjuddington/SLADE/blob/master/src/MainEditor/UI/EntryPanel/AudioEntryPanel.cpp#L75


	wxRegKey key(
		wxRegKey::HKLM,
		"Software\\Microsoft\\Active Setup\\Installed Components\\{6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6}");
	long value = 0;
	key.QueryValue("IsInstalled", &value);
	if (value == 0)
	{
		Log::warning("Windows Media Player not installed, mp3 playback disabled.");
		media_ctrl_ = nullptr;
	}
	else
	{
		Log::info(3, "Windows Media Player installed, using wxMediaCtrl");
		media_ctrl_ = new wxMediaCtrl(this, -1);
	}

Here we have code that queries the Windows registry for a specific key corresponding to the Windows Media Player. Depending on the value of that key, the wxMediaCtrl that causes a crash for you is created or not. So here are two things you can try:

  1. Reinstall Windows Media Player. But if SLADE still crashes, here's the second thing to try:
  2. Using regedit.exe, navigate to HKeyLocalMachine\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\ etc. (the path in the code), and change the value of the "IsInstalled" key to 0.

"Reinstall Windows Media Player." So, it uses WMP? Maybe it's an issue, because I have WMP 9.image.png.8434c55f9e1ebce4fa710fcfa804f90f.png

EDIT: Yeah, it was.image.png.0578f059718e407cfeb9abfad0f8a535.png

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×