Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FenrirTheGray

"Doom Hunter" was inspired by "Hell Tank" from Zentrix?

Just watched the Doom Eternal QuakeCon 2019 Presentation.
Noticed that the new demon called Doom Hunter looks and moves almost exactly like Hell Tank from Zentrix.
Wondering if he was inspired by it by chance? Maybe one of the creators watched the show as well? 🙂

In the image below (or on this link) you can see the Doom Hunter as well as Hell Tank.
Both have slugish movement, flying around on jet propulsion (Hell Tank has it as well, tho it's not visible on this screenshot).

Both have plasma guns on their arms (Hell Tank has it on Upgraded version, while having a minigun on the standard version), and both have a close range weapon (Doom Hunter has a Chainsaw, while Hell Tank has pneumatic fists and a grabber on the upgraded version).

123.png

What do you people think? 😁

P.S. you can find the entire Zentrix series on YouTube here. It's not really in HD tho 😐
Important Hell Tank appearances are in episodes 10 and 21.

Going with the Sabaoth as well.

image.png.5e8526ee4702ac104d58246715470c9b.png

Granted, Sabaoth is a tread tank and less mobile, but his overall silhouette/ form lines up more IMO.  

Conceptually it also lines up; what if the Doom Hunter's are all made from former marines in Doom Slayers original dimension, ala Sgt. Kelly?

personally, he looks more like a necron with the right-handed weapon and the hover platform.

033_destroyer_by_typhonart-d6dm0jq.png

Current translation reads:

"I thought you would appreciate the sentry i chose. The great Argadon hunters from the Terrors realm, though long thought to be extinct, created to hunt only the slayer and the night sentinels during the unholy crusade. Some improvements on the design have been made. Enjoy what is undoubtedly my finest work."

2 minutes ago, Zemini said:

"I thought you would appreciate the sentry i chose. The great Argadon hunters from the Terrors realm, though long thought to be extinct, created to hunt only the slayer and the night sentinels during the unholy crusade. Some improvements on the design have been made. Enjoy what is undoubtedly my finest work."

The fact that he mentions "hunters" seems to indicate that we will be fighting multiple Doom Hunters rather than the same one over and over.

I'm still glad, to this day, they kept the Doom 64 chainsaw.

Spoiler

A lot of people say the voice sounds like Betruger but to me i was thinking of a Crash Bandicoot villain.

2 hours ago, Hunting4r2d2 said:

The fact that he mentions "hunters" seems to indicate that we will be fighting multiple Doom Hunters rather than the same one over and over.

I would say multiple Hunters are pretty much confirmed based on the trailer.  We see it in multiple doom eternal maps.  I believe DoomHunters will appear in some of the new challenge modes for new play throughs (more on that later).

Sort of echoing earlier statements here, but it's much more likely that the Doom Hunter was at least partly inspired by the Sabaoth.

bit of a stretch, but i immediately thought of Vic Rattlehead with horns when i saw the closeup of its face mainly because of the metal piece over his eyes.  i know the mouth isnt wired shut tho lol....might have something to do with me being a huge Megadeth fan :)

Vic-Rattlehead.jpg

On 7/26/2019 at 8:23 PM, RonnieJamesDiner said:

First thing I thought of when I saw the Doom Hunter was the Heavy Hover Tank from Quake 4.

Just, Doom-ified.

Heavyhover_small.jpg.d7d31334b700895037570a8fcf1d4122.jpg

On 7/27/2019 at 3:51 AM, Taurus Daggerknight said:

Going with the Sabaoth as well.

image.png.5e8526ee4702ac104d58246715470c9b.png

Granted, Sabaoth is a tread tank and less mobile, but his overall silhouette/ form lines up more IMO.  

Conceptually it also lines up; what if the Doom Hunter's are all made from former marines in Doom Slayers original dimension, ala Sgt. Kelly?

My original thought was Sabaoth, though I definitely think that the Quake 4 influence is definately possible as well. Maybe both serves as inspiration.

On 7/27/2019 at 3:35 PM, Zemini said:

It sounds more like he's saying "from the Talos realm" not "from the terrors realm". The "L" in "Talos" is a lot easier to make out than the "r" in "Terrors".

I looked it up and found this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talos_(Forgotten_Realms).

I'm thinking this is the main inspiration for a new dimension where the doom hunter comes from.

It could also be "Telos", but I didnt find much on it.

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Telos

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Telos_(city)