Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DustFalcon85

Doom 64 coming to PC and modern consoles?

1 hour ago, SteelPH said:

I think there's some layering problems in the renderer.

That happened in the N64 game too and also occurs when emulating the game using the Project 64 emulator.

Okay, not only am I happy to finally own Doom 64, but this port is just wonderfully made. I wish the ports of Doom and Doom II were as good.

Also, fun fact I discovered:

After plugging in my USB keyboard into my Switch, I discovered you can bind the controls to it! Mouse almost works, but only the buttons and the mouse wheel counted the same up or down.

Also, on keyboard at least, if you assign a key twice, it keeps BOTH inputs. Probably should be patched. Still, fantastic port!

4 minutes ago, LadyVader1138 said:

I wish the ports of Doom and Doom II were as good.

But they ARE. They get patched regularly, are still getting patched, and are above and beyond the rushed release state now.

20 minutes ago, LadyVader1138 said:

After plugging in my USB keyboard into my Switch, I discovered you can bind the controls to it! Mouse almost works, but only the buttons and the mouse wheel counted the same up or down.

Uhh... That wasn't supposed to be there. Be warned that we cannot provide any support for that.

20 minutes ago, LadyVader1138 said:

Also, on keyboard at least, if you assign a key twice, it keeps BOTH inputs

Unbind the other input. Press the same key on the other bind to unbind it.

The lasers are dark red and shaped like arrows. And whatever that yellow line on the weapon is.

L4umQNX.jpg

If you have the Steam version, try adding -fast in the Launch Options to enable fast monsters. This version seems to have real fast projectiles compared to 64EX. Only thing missing now is -respawn.

19 minutes ago, SteelPH said:

The lasers are dark red and shaped like arrows. And whatever that yellow line on the weapon is.

L4umQNX.jpg

What are your system specs, what are your video settings, are your graphics drivers up to date?

i get some decent mouse lag in this port....really wouldve hoped this wouldve been fixed since Doom64EX since no other KEX engine game has this issue.

its not too big of a deal but its certainly really disappointing, i bought this purely because i hoped this would have no mouse lag like D64EX

7 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

What are your system specs, what are your video settings, are your graphics drivers up to date?

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40 GHz
16.0 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Graphics API: Vulkan

Window Mode: Borderless

VSync: On
Resolution: 1920x1080@75hz

Interpolation: Off

I updated my graphics drivers yesterday.

8 minutes ago, kaleb. said:

i get some decent mouse lag in this port....really wouldve hoped this wouldve been fixed since Doom64EX since no other KEX engine game has this issue.

its not too big of a deal but its certainly really disappointing, i bought this purely because i hoped this would have no mouse lag like D64EX

You using VSync? That could be why.

1 minute ago, seed said:

You using VSync? That could be why.

nope, i got vsync off and the FPS limit off too. im running at about 700 FPS

Just now, kaleb. said:

nope, i got vsync off and the FPS limit off too. im running at about 700 FPS

Okay, now that's odd. Since (let me guess, it uses SDL) VSync is off I wonder what it could be.

But you should cap your fps though, lol.

well im going to cap it at 144 or so after i find out what the cause is.

24 minutes ago, famicommander said:

Has anyone tried the Soul Sphere glitch in Hectic yet? I'm too much of a wuss to beat that level without it.

I was able to get it, took several tries though. You need to very slowly inch along until you pick it up without falling in the trap.

2 hours ago, SteelPH said:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40 GHz
16.0 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Graphics API: Vulkan

Window Mode: Borderless

VSync: On
Resolution: 1920x1080@75hz

Interpolation: Off

I updated my graphics drivers yesterday.

Hmm, no clue then. We haven't seen anything quite like that before. I could only suggest that you validate your files or to do a clean reinstall of your drivers in case there's any errant settings set that are mucking things up.

1 hour ago, Edward850 said:

Hmm, no clue then. We haven't seen anything quite like that before. I could only suggest that you validate your files or try OpenGL mode.

Found the problem. The PWAD I had loaded was corrupting the graphics. I don't know how, but it was.

6 minutes ago, VGA said:

Weeelllll, which pwad did you load?

Purely cosmetic. Replaced the Medkits and whatnot with the original sprites.

Has anyone else had problems with their saves disappearing on PS4? I just started it up tonight:

• chose "Bring it on" skill level
  • went through level 1, then Hectic and beat it
  • saved at start of level 2, then loaded a Fun level (Panic) and beat it
  • reloaded the previous level 2 save and started playing through the game as usual
  • got to Omega Outpost and went to collect the demon artifact, and noticed that I could no longer reload my quicksave
  • went to the menu to try and save my game manually, and see that all of my save files have disappeared
  • I also cannot create new save files

Any help would be appreciated! If more info is needed I will do my best to provide it.

EDIT: The tried-and-true fixer of closing out of the game and rebooting it seems to have done the trick. I will keep my eye out and edit this again if it recurs. One more thing: it won't let me sign into Bethesda.net and always gives me an error. Not sure if that would cause anything like this to happen? In any case, at least I kept screenshots of my passwords :p

Edited by Aquashark : more information

Well my order of Doom Eternal from Target has been delayed back to estimated April 2nd arrival, but they did send me a key for my pre-order extra content to redeem.   I installed the Bethesda Launcher and redeemed it in that and got my Doom 64, but not Doom Eternal yet.   So I guess you can redeem the code in Steam or Bethesda's Launcher.

Does some player movement seem weird to anyone?  Fighting those hell knights from the catwalk in Hectic seemed odd, I know their fireballs push you a lot but sometimes it seems I would just oddly fall off into the lava contrary to however I was pressing the WSAD keys, and I seemed to get momentarily stuck against the closed door.   Beat them after reloading a save several times and turning down mouse sensitively one notch.  Tried turning autorun off some to slow my movement and that didn't seem to help.    It had a little of that feeling of mouse forward and back affecting your movement in vanilla Doom, even though it wasn't doing that and mouse vertical seemed to do nothing.

The best strategy I found was, grab the key, turn and fire one or two rockets at them, run to the closed and door, turn and fire two more.   Run back to crushing key ledge, fire more, and run out from underneath crusher, back and forth til I had one or two left, and then just kept firing from the door ledge, taking one hit of their fireballs.  I might have strafed a little on the ledges but not sure it worked well and might have had that sticking.

You know what's really weird.... they nixed the red crosses on medpaks in DOOM 64 just like they did in the classic DOOM re-releases.

but in DOOM Eternal itself, the medpaks are still red crosses? What's up with that?

1 hour ago, Buckshot said:

You know what's really weird.... they nixed the red crosses on medpaks in DOOM 64 just like they did in the classic DOOM re-releases.

but in DOOM Eternal itself, the medpaks are still red crosses? What's up with that?

They're white crosses on a red bg. That's not a protected symbol.

Silly question before than considering purchasing this, because I am very familiar with PC / PS1 Doom, but I know next to nothing about N64 Doom: are all levels doable from pistol start without saves on WMD?

30 minutes ago, Quasar said:

Can't think of what the Swiss government people would think if they found out... (Just kidding.)

Pain Elemental’s seem to be able to spawn Lost Soul’s through walls that are thin enough and if there’s enough room on the other side (see final trap before exit room in Outpost Omega). I don’t believe PE’s were able to do that on the original N64 though I could be wrong.

Another thing: saving and reloading saves seem to reset all sound propagation in a level.

Pretty solid port so far though. I’ve been playing it quite extensively and it’s definitely very nice.

37 minutes ago, Quasar said:

I just went a did a quick recheck... and yes, lol... you are right, they are. Wow. But why not just do this in the rereleases for DOOM Classic and 64? They would have looked the same, just inverted coloring on the cross (which was apparently enough to fool me into not noticing a difference)?

Green crosses, pills, blue crosses all seem odd in comparison to either a red cross with a white bg, or a white cross with a red bg