Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zen4040

The Titan

You could allready see the titan walking arround in one of the e3 trailers

but now they've revealed how the final battle will probably look like with him

Untitled.png.0019ac545b5607da19d3dac4a4e6fb2b.png

Edited by ([zen3001])

uhh when they showed that in the multiplayer trailer I thought that was more like a map prop that does stuff (ie: if u walk in a certain part of the map where his arms can reach you - maybe u get smacked once or something) -- thats about as much u could extrapolate out of that

I never considered the Icon of Sin to be a titan. The codex entries describe it as a super weapon used to punish heathens after destroying their defenses. On the other side a giant patrolling guard would definitely make sense.

28 minutes ago, igg said:

I never considered the Icon of Sin to be a titan. The codex entries describe it as a super weapon used to punish heathens after destroying their defenses. On the other side a giant patrolling guard would definitely make sense.

Thought Doom 2016 described the Icon of Sin as being a sort of parody-reward for the Betrayer? His son being turned into a super demon and all.

2 hours ago, Taurus Daggerknight said:

Thought Doom 2016 described the Icon of Sin as being a sort of parody-reward for the Betrayer? His son being turned into a super demon and all.

As far as I know some interpreted the codex entries this way but it was not written explicitly. Please correct me if I am wrong :-)

The Icon of Sin already appeared in Doom 2016, and he didn't look quite like this, but rather like this:

C5KlMDJVcAE8f-A.jpg

You'll notice that his head is narrower and his horns don't have the corkscrew curvature of the "Titan background prop".

17 hours ago, igg said:

Where did they reveal he is the final battle?

not the final boss but definitely from the footage we have I think it's safe to say it's going to be one of the bosses. Personally, I think it would be cool if the final boss was even larger

Titan or not, I think we'll see this guy here: in a multiplayer map as was shown in the MP trailer, maybe an obstacle or trap.

It might possible seeing him in SP campaign though.

9 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

Titan or not, I think we'll see this guy here: in a multiplayer map as was shown in the MP trailer, maybe an obstacle or trap.

It might possible seeing him in SP campaign though.

maybe we'll even be able to play as the titan

I think it is just a prop we see in one of the battlemode maps.  Maybe the demon team can utilize its powers or something.

I think it's just a prop like the eye in this map from QC

quake_champions-590x332.png

Now I would be disapointed if there was a huge demon just looking at you, and I don't see why anyone would just decide to make a prop like that for a game like doom eternal

We already saw him walking next to a skyscraper in the story trailer. I'd expect him to be a boss in the Hell on Earth episode. I'm not sure how I feel about that, because Wolfenstein TOB had a good giant boss fight, the one in Rage 1 wasn't good (although a similar setup as Wolfenstein).

It looks like the two titans we've seen from doom eternal are different ones

this one has mechanical arms

titan.PNG.446dc745e967722d252994e1e8da049e.PNG

but this one doesn't

1444472813_titan2.png.91894dbb1542fc48037eca5e4743d2a9.png

12 hours ago, esans said:

It looks like the two titans we've seen from doom eternal are different ones

this one has mechanical arms

titan.PNG.446dc745e967722d252994e1e8da049e.PNG

but this one doesn't

1444472813_titan2.png.91894dbb1542fc48037eca5e4743d2a9.png

except it's the left arm and you can't actually see the left arm in the battlemode trailer. There might even be multiple titans some with mechanicle arms and some not

17 hours ago, whatup876 said:

Probably enough to indicate who it might be.

115051.png

Ripped by who?? That's a fucking lie!!!! LOL

i also think it is the Icon of Sin. to me Doom 2 RPG Icon of Sin was an spoiler of Doom 4 (the cancelled one) Icon of Sin.

if you look into the Doom 2 RPG assets, you could find an unused texture only used in Doom 2016.

Edited by Gerardo194

On 8/20/2019 at 8:30 PM, Gerardo194 said:

Ripped by who?? That's a fucking lie!!!! LOL

I just got a bit lazy and used an easier resource, even though it was the same site where someone did those slight changes on Doom sprites for no reason.

On 8/20/2019 at 12:40 PM, ([zen3001]) said:

except it's the left arm and you can't actually see the left arm in the battlemode trailer. There might even be multiple titans some with mechanicle arms and some not

I guess that just means Titans are a class of demons.

Which means the one in 2016 will stay dead.

23 minutes ago, whatup876 said:

I just got a bit lazy and used an easier resource, even though it was the same site where someone did those slight changes on Doom sprites for no reason.

Don't worry about it, it's okay!! We aren't the owners. I was just joking. there's no need to take it seriously, haha.