Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PeterMoro

John Carmack on the Joe Rogan show - it happened!

John Carmack just tweeted:

"All obstacles are cleared and all objections are dealt with – after several years of requests, I’m finally going on the

@joerogan show next month!"

That's gunna be cool. 

I'm sure they'll talk a lot about Quake which will be awesome. I imagine it'll be largely focused on VR though (which is also awesome).

Well this was unexpected.

Inb4 "John, have you ever done DMT while designing rocket ships, shooting demons, and programming our reality that is the virtual one while in a float tank?" 

Seriously though, this is going to be awesome. 

Will John smoke a J like Musk did or would that affect Oculus stock? Maybe it's fine as long as he doesn't inhale.  

Awesome. Been wanting this to happen for a while. I know Rogan had said via Twitter that he would ONLY want the discussion to be about games, and Carmack had stated that the primary obstacle was company shareholders who wanted to avoid another Musk type of episode. Psyched about this.

"John, I've got this burning question I have to get off my chest, and I think your fans are just as curious as I am: how did you help fake the moon landing and plan the Kennedy assassination? Is it true that you wrote all the facial recognition software for Depe State©?"

3 minutes ago, Gifty said:

"Is it true that you wrote all the facial recognition software for DeepSea©?"

Yknow, it would be even cooler if John Romero were there as well. I'd love to hear them chat about the good 'ole times and the game industry these days...over a few glasses of whiskey. 

I wonder if John Carmack is going to casually choke out Joe Rogan... that'd be pretty funny. YOU KNOW WHAT VIDEO I'M TALKING ABOUT!

Joe Rogan eh? That's a doozy. Last live one I watched was Rogan/Tim Pool/Jack Dorsey..

I can totally see him in the cage, and when the bell rings, he calmly takes his glasses off and puts them in his shirt pocket, then immediately sprints at Rogan with his clawed hands in front of him, emitting an inhuman, nasally scream

I have to wonder what all the "objections" they had to deal with and request they had to clear were? No questions about Columbine or some shit like that?  

I sorta want Eddie Bravo in there asking about the moon landings and flat earth, just for Johns reaction

23 hours ago, Maximum Matt said:

I can totally see him in the cage, and when the bell rings, he calmly takes his glasses off and puts them in his shirt pocket, then immediately sprints at Rogan with his clawed hands in front of him, emitting an inhuman, nasally scream

Reminded me instantly of KvS

11 hours ago, Spladam said:

I have to wonder what all the "objections" they had to deal with and request they had to clear were? No questions about Columbine or some shit like that?  

Not entirely sure. Carmack had said that lawyers intervened in the past when Rogan wanted to interview him, but wasn't specific about what the objections were. I wouldn't imagine Columbine would be the sort of topic Rogan would even bring up at this point, we're a couple decades past that now. My instinct is that it has more to do with the Zenimax v. Oculus case. Another possibility: Rogan doesn't shy away from controversial guests and topics on his show, so it could also be that the lawyers/shareholders/whoever were nervous about bad PR if Rogan were to broach some politically sensitive topic while Carmack was on the podcast.  

THIS is gonna be a special one. I know Joe Rogan was a big fan of Quake and DOOM back in the day , he mentioned it on a show not too long ago.

He plays strictly ITYTD in God mode, all weapons and keys, and with the light amp goggles cheat. And all the lights on in his house.

6 hours ago, LadyVader1138 said:

My immediate reaction: Ugh, who the hell would want to talk to Joe Rogan?

So uhh, his website has 147 pages with ten podcasts on each page of people that apparently want to talk to him...

We're going to need quality napkin math here ladies and gentlemen!

Edited by Flesh420

14 minutes ago, Flesh420 said:

So uhh, his website has 147 pages with ten podcasts on each page of people that apparently want to talk to him...

We're going to need quality napkin math here ladies and gentlemen!

Okay, let me correct my statement: I wouldn't want to talk to him.