Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMer 4ever

How much time do you need to get sleep?

Every time I go to sleep I have to lie down in my bed at LEAST half an hour. Last night it took something like three hours to get sleep. Pisses me off! My brother gets sleep usually in five minutes.

So what about you?

Umm, I go to bead between 11.00 pm and 2.00 am. It takes me between 1 to 2 hours to get to sleep. I have a very erratic sleeping Patten. (Thanks to this site I might add:))

sleep? what is this sleep you speek of and how can I attain it?

heh. seriously, I take forever to sleep. while I was in high school I would only sleep at least three hours. that was how long it took me to sleep. now that my schedule is less restrictive get more sleep, even though it still takes a long time. some of my favorite movies do help me sleep for some reason.

hmph, I usually goto sleep around 11:30pm-1:00am on school nights and 3:00am-never on weekends and holidays. I usually take about 25 min to fall asleep after resting on my pillow. However this 25 min goes to a hefty 2 hours or so, if I am trying to getto bed at 12am when the past few nights I was going to bed at 5am or pulling all nighters. Meh, I'm 13, gimmie time to get used to this sleeping stuff...

I used to need some time going to sleep, but nowadays I go to bed so late that I always fall asleep pretty much right away ^_^

I do my best work past midnight when my brain's so tired that I've stopped thinking and just do. Once I have enough of that, I can usually get to sleeep in half an hour. Any other time, it can be anywhere from half an hour to 4-5 hours...

Fredrik said:

I used to need some time going to sleep, but nowadays I go to bed so late that I always fall asleep pretty much right away ^_^

... well, nothing much to add there for me... ;-)

Well, it's kinda varied...sometimes near straight away, others ages.

I usually go to sleep about 2-4am, and get up at 7:30am. On weekdays.

When I can't seem to get some sleep I drink some alcohol. That always works for me. But the problem with this is that alcohol helps me fall asleep but it sucks to get up in the morning.
To solve this problem I drink coffee in the morning.

You see I have a drink for every problem! :)

Try reading a book in little light; this tires the eyes and brain.
Some people believe this is bad/ damaging for the eyes, but it`s (scientifically proven) not.

I heard drinking milk right before sleeping IS bad. Your metabolism slowes down in your sleep, leaving the milk in your body to go through all sorts of chemical reactions giving you bad breath, stomach ache, bla bla bla...

Alcohol works; in fact it kills bacteria. Instead of brushing your teeth you could drink some Vodka, which will also help you sleep!

Wow, alcohol can solve almost anything!

Smoking a joint before you go to sleep may help. Two warnings though: Waking up can be a problem (not the headache but the waking up) and PLEASE consult with your goverment to see if smoking greens is illegal or not (if you're not from Holland, it probably is)!

Around 37 mins 32 sec but thats just an approximation because it's not possible to know at what exact time you fall asleep.

"To alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems."

Anyway, it usually takes me about 10 - 15 minutes to get to sleep.

If I ever have problems falling asleep (usually I'm just sleepy and crawl off to bed) I watch DOOM recordings for a while... over half an hour or 40 minutes of uninterrupted watching will usually knock me out (unlike playing, that will usually wake me up.)

I tried that too, falling asleep while watching a doom demo. My advice would be to use a demo recorded with vanilla DooM, since most other ports record chats as well and I remember falling almost asleep for several times, until I violently wake up again... to hear that message-sound...!

m0l0t0v said:

I heard drinking milk right before sleeping IS bad. Your metabolism slowes down in your sleep, leaving the milk in your body to go through all sorts of chemical reactions giving you bad breath, stomach ache, bla bla bla...

Heh, my brother always drinks milk if he cannot get sleep. I have to mention him about this :)

Being able to get to sleep in less than 20 minutes is a sign of sleep deprivation.

It depends on several factors. Room temperature, (generally the colder, the faster) freshness of the sheets, duration of consciousness, pillow support... Anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 hours or more for me.

I believe the said power of milk is mental only. It takes a while for the body to absorb any potential sleep-inducing substances in the milk, and eating or drinking something does anyway start metabolic activity which'll make falling asleep take longer time.

Yeah, I dislike drinking anything before sleeping... plus it makes you wake up with the (possibly excessive) need to pee in the morning. But then again with beer or wine this can be inevitable, on occasion, heh. Eating and then sleeping is uncomfortable too.

Resting after eating is always uncomfortable. Feels much better to be active. Better on the metabolism.

'Going to bed' and 'Going to sleep' are usually seperated by 'Excellent Sex' ;P

I usually go to bed between 0100 and 0300. It usually takes me about a half hour to get to sleep, although sometimes it can take me upwards of two hours.

My problem is getting up in the morning. When my alarm goes off, I sometimes hit it and then drift off to sleep for another half-hour-plus. I try to defeat this by putting my alarm clock as far out of my reach as possible (a good three meters between the head of my bed and my clock.) Doesn't really work.

I go to bed at around 11:30 - 12:00, I get partially conscious at ~7:20 and get up at about 8:00. I find that i can sleep pretty quickly most of the time (10-30 mins) unless i decide to turn the radio on...i can stay up for hours if i do that. I guess it's because i focus on the sounds and the intruments (I have my dial set on a classical station, mostly because they sometimes play indie instrumentals.)

Drinking a bit really does make the matress sink in a bit better :)

Smoking a bit doesn't work...i'm always too happy to squander it on sleeping.

I'm out by 11:00 - 2:00. It usually takes me 20-40 or so minutes, on rare nights (Christmas, birthday, post-vacation) it takes me like 2-4 hours to fall asleep. I get too excited and I try to eat a bunch of different foods to see if they'll make me tired. One thing that really helps is one of those body sized pillows, they work wonders! ;D

plus, also eating befor falling asleep is a proven way of getting fat, since your body isnt doing anything.
hell, i eat two or maybee three meals a day.
eat allot of shit for breakfast, eats allot of shit for lunch, eat something lite like some fruits or a sandwith and im set. this way, i can pig out all day, and still not gain any weight.