Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mew251

Preferred source port for multiplayer?

Night-Fang said:

-the hell?

where is ZDaemon on that list?!

Yeah, I ask that too, :(

I was thinking that too, but then I thought that ZDoom should probably cover csDoom and ZDaemon as well. It didn't really matter in the end since I decided to select Doom/2/95.

hi,
is it possible to play zdoomgl online ? how ?

I ve just heard about all these cool doom source ports and tried to
find internet deathmatch and coop games.
It works with zdaemon, but grapics are not as cool as in zdoomGL.

couldn't find servers to play with doomsday (jboom) or legacy
if someone could help

I already tried it (doom connector 2)
it seems that it's not supported any more due to a hacking problem.
the author recommend to wait until "doom connector 3" release.

Is it already available ? I couldn't find any link on the website you
mentioned. I heard about a beta release but couldn't find it.

I also already tried dommserv, but the server list in the 1st window is empty, so it doesn't work...

How do people play Jdoom, doom-legacy, or ZdoomGl online ?
is the in game-joigning feature only available in zdaemon (which means without openGl support) ?

What is everyone's favorite source port and why?

My favorite is Skulltag because of the premade levels, new weapons, and the special modes that Skulltag has.

Three cheers for Carny!!!!

This is a spam topic.
Which is going to turn into a this port is better than that source port thread.

KuriKai said:

Which is going to turn into a this port is better than that source port thread.

If people just say which multiplayer ports they like and why, then it can live.

Well in that case.
Doomsday and Legacy.
both are diferent though

Legacy: If you have a high ping you slide around, but you hit things you shot at.

Doomsday: you don't slide around but it's harder to hit things, as they have already moved by the actual timne you shoot.

I like Skulltag, because it actually likes my network setup! Well, ZD does as well, but it is in need of an update...

Doomsday: you don't slide around but it's harder to hit things, as they have already moved by the actual timne you shoot.

Still on that 56k dialup eh?

Skulltag, due to its new maps, game modes, powerups, runes, monsters, very powerful bots... you get the idea.

It's been a while, but I thought I would get back into Doom\Doom II. The port that I have been using for now is the Risen3D port. Although I would like some recommendations from the more familiar users.

What I'm looking for is a source port with online capability and with high resolution capability. By high resolution I mean like high res textures and models. Basically I'm looking for something LIKE this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmXQgtHNpfM but with online play.

Any of your suggestions is greatly appreciated.

If you are looking specifically for a client/server multiplayer port, your main choices are Odamex, ZDaemon, and Skulltag. Of those, I think the one closest to what you want would be Skulltag, but I don't play much multiplayer, and I don't use 3D models, either, so don't take my word for it.

If this thread is anything to go by, it seems like you can use 3D models with Skulltag, but again, I wouldn't really know how well supported they are.

I think Risen3D or GZDoom would be more suitable for your general play if you like to use models and high-res textures, but they don't have the same fancy multiplayer features as the above three engines, so that might be a deal-breaker for you.