Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cacodreams

Michael Krause

Please, can someone help me informing if there is any new map by Michael Krause (author of Run Buddy, Moon 2000 and Dark Star, among others) later to Dark Star?

DEMOn said:

he's underrated IMO.

Not by me. Darkstar has to be one of my fave maps. I've played it loads of times. A follow up would be very good news indeed. Not that I am aware of any such thing :-(

Has everyone forgotten A Nice Day and A Hell Day? Very big, nicely detailed, very atmospheric maps.

Hey, thanks DEMOn for the link! Yeah, it seems there is no new map by him. Pity! :( And no e-mail address in the page either. The one in the txt file doesn´t work anymore... Well, I think his maps look quite nice, very spacious, eye-candy architecture. And the challenge is not bad. I´d recommend mappers to dl Dark Star (or any other by Michael, later to Go the Way) for some inspiration, even just to look at the places in there, if one doesn´t want to play it.

Enjay said:

...A follow up would be very good news indeed...

No doubt!

DooMBoy:
Has everyone forgotten A Nice Day and A Hell Day? Very big, nicely detailed, very atmospheric maps.

Yeah, DooMBoy, like I said before, all his maps later to Go the Way (when he started building outdoor spots which I like a lot) are worth dl.

Well, the page still has links to cdrom.com so I guess it's kinda like dead.

And A Hell Day is Michael Krause's best map BTW though Dark Star comes damn close.

DooMBoy said:

Nope, as I love all 10 of those maps, from A Nice Day and Ironhall right through to
A Big Job and A Day to Die. Never heard of A Hell Day, though.
(so I guess that makes 11...)

magikal said:

Angel doesn't seem to have been mentioned. Available here.

Ooooh thanks magikal! I hadn't played that one before. A nice tight little map with good gameplay and some nice looking areas. Perhaps one or two of the rooms were a little simple (ie a basic box room) but not in any way spoiling the map.

DEMOn said:

good map, but that is Mike Reid, not Mike Krause. no big deal.

Whoops, my bad. Read the txt file magikal you fool!
Just started playing Darkstar and A Hell Day again as a result though.

He he, I guess I should have read the text too.

I did think it was a bit small and less epic than your regular Krause map, and then there was the comment about the simple rooms too.

Still, whatever! I enjoyed playing it and I'll keep it around for a few more plays too 'cause its a fun little map.

Hmm, I've seen Michael Krause mentioned here before. Gonna play some of these maps now, thanks guys!

Magikal said:

Whoops, my bad. Read the txt file magikal you fool!
Just started playing Darkstar and A Hell Day again as a result though.

Where da hell did I put my eyeglasses? :)

Use3D said:

Hmm, I've seen Michael Krause mentioned here before. Gonna play some of these maps now, thanks guys!

Yeah Use3D, I´m 100% sure you won´t regret. Play, for a start, the ones I mentioned in the first post of this thread (they are my favorites by him), but the other ones are pretty good as well! In the Dark Star txt file all his maps are listed (since that map is his last one for what I am aware :(