--Do not start on UV--   Driven   Format: Limit-Removing (-complevel 3) IWad: Ultimate Doom Map: E1M1 Midi Track: Barktooth by @Jimmy <3   Driven is a non-linear, medium-sized map featuring a custom made Jimmy midi, plus 666 monsters on all difficulties and using stock textures. This map was originally made for The Standard E1 Community Project, but I pulled it out because the map ballooned and I didn't want to hold the project up as others were finishing their maps. Despite being a Doom 1 map, this map is very tough on UV so don't yolo-FDA it; the other difficulties are there for a reason! That said, it is also perhaps the easiest map I've built thus far, so if you're familiar with my work you'll be in for an easier, faster-paced experience; it should take about 10-20 minutes to go through with monsters, or less than 90 seconds without them. My core design ideas for this map revolved around making encounters with the Doom 1 cast that were both pressuring and quick to clean up and move on, aiming for a more visceral, punchy gameplay experience with as little tedium as possible built into the design. I'm happy with how the encounters have turned out and I'm looking forward to hearing the critique of players: if I've hit the marks I was aiming for or where I could have done better. The gameplay centers around rocket/plasma-based, lite-slaughter-ish arenas interspersed with light, quick flings on-the-go, while arming the player with the power weapons off the bat and plenty of ammo for them; expect to use mostly the rocket launcher and the plasma gun. There is also a fun, fairly easy puzzle for the BFG. Please let me know if you find a way to break it.   I'm not terribly happy with how the visuals turned out in some later areas during development, but given the dev hell this went through and the number of slime trails that have popped up, I'm just gonna be content with what I have. Given I'm more gameplay-oriented than aesthetic, I would love to hear some feedback on that front as well. Really just any feedback is grand :D   I would also like to take this moment to give a huge thanks to Jimmy for writing this beautiful midi; it adds so much to the experience of playing the map and I'm so very grateful for this amazing piece of music to use. Thank you Jimmy; money well spent. For those who have been considering commissioning a midi to be written, I highly recommend going with Jimmy; he's very professional, takes pride and cares about his work, and makes sure that the customer is satisfied. I'm totally happy with the entire process and will commission him again in the future.   I don't really have a name for this yet, so for now I'm just calling it Driven, but that'll prolly change later on.   Again, don't start this on UV unless you are well familiar with my work.   Screenshot:     More Screenshots: