• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HAK3180

*2020 HAKAWARDS* I'm Also Looking to Play and Record Your Maps 2 *CLOSED*

17 hours ago, HAK3180 said:

@Clippy

Doomworld forum topic

The best part about this map is easily the progression. Making the lift go up little bit little and opening up the map so that you finally go where the beginning was foreshadowed – all that was well done. The map’s appearance is very bare. It’s boxy with little lighting and little architectural beauty. The combat very early is interesting when monsters can shoot at you that you probably can’t kill yet, but you do get some grind early, and I have to worry how the player who finds no secrets fares.

Bottom line: Not a lot to look at and too many secrets, but a clever and thematic progression

Thanks for playing and the feedback friend this is been a great time

Table of Contents

@Zolgia108

I like this one. It’s got a little bit of a city vibe and even a hint of sandboxness. There are real threats everywhere you turn but never in a cheap way, like a wall of commandos distant enough to be out of site or something. I particularly liked how arch-viles and cyberdemons were used in the first half or 2/3. The finale was not my cup of tea because it lacked nuance. It was pretty much just a matter of standing back and holding down fire, alternating rockets and BFG. Visually, it’s not bad but it does feel incomplete, like a little more detail would be appropriate and a more concentrated effort at lighting.

Bottom line: fun map with clever tough moments

@HAK3180 Thanks m8! some of the problems were already fixed before you played the map, i noticed the spot in which you can basically break progression, sad... im glad that you didn't, i am thinking about using dormant monsters until you pass a determinate line in order to prevent cheese kills behind the bars but i guess the fun, for some players, is just to see a swarm coming to you relentessly and spamming bfg ahahaha. I mean i did that just at the end of the map, i wanted to make a normal open non linear map in the beginning with some tough fights and a slaughterfest at the end, that was my idea :)

Thanks again for playing it m8, much appreciated!

@19Wraith

Part 1

Part 2

idgames download page

First of all, I didn’t find this particularly hard. Probably ~10 total deaths in a map of > 700 enemies and close to an hour. That’s not a good or bad thing per se, but I wouldn’t discourage average players from Ultra-Violence here. Anyway, as usual for this mapper, it’s a beautiful space using only stock textures with much interconnection and multiple keyed doors. I enjoyed going around the outskirts, entering buildings for a while, and then unlocking new areas, finally the center. While the sense of progression was rewarding, the combat itself was not as fulfilling. I felt the weapon progression was boring – standard shotgun, then chaingun, then rocket launcher, then super shotgun, then plasma gun. It just took a little too long to develop. My favorite fight was probably the one with arch-viles coming in late, though the finale held my interest, even though it came off as spammy and stereotypical.

Bottom line: The map is probably a touch too long, but it sure is pleasant to be in

Hello. I enoy watching you playing my WADs, as well as WADs of other peapole. Last time i posted here my first WAD and as you rightly noted, beginning was first thing i put in a Doom Builder. That was idea for that map, to not revisit ones made area that i made, to record learning process. (that's why it's called "First Things First")

But not this time. 

This time i try to make something really cool. It's a one guite long map, separate for two part, each one with the length more-less of standard medium map. I would expect like 1 hour of gameplay. It's is guite hard. I things it's not go on slaughter territory (maybe a little sometime) but that depends how much monsters is actually slaughter map. I put monsters to create danger, not to make player clean rooms for five hours.

Edited by Pełzająca Część Twarzy

Dont know if my wads good enough to play but It has had fixes and improvements since when i first released it.
If your looking for wads to play heres wad to play! I think its kind of a large map and takes a little time to get to the main base.

It took me an hour and a half but It can be gone through in an hour or less probabbly i took my time playing it. 

This is a DOOM 1 map no jumping (i dident even know that was a thing) Its just like the original doom levels except larger.

Edited by LateToDOOM2020

@HAK3180

Hi, I've published maps 12, 13 and 14 of second episode, so I'm making a request.

I definitely want map 12 to be played on Gzdoom, or other sourceport, that supports mapinfo, To put simply I want to see you selecting second episode.

I hope the name of second episode isn't too long.

You decide on what source port you want to play maps 13 and 14, although the beggining of map 14 is more difficult when played with infinitely tall monsters.

Play on Hurt me Plenty and with Freelook enabled. Additionally I'm curious with what compability setting you usually play on Gzdoom.

I also tuned up boss battle in map 11 and I'm putting this as optional request, so it's up to you, if you want to record it.

Would you be willing to record Cyberbaron Land?  It's only been done once so far, and it took about 25 minutes.  I'd love to see someone who's been ripping through all these Wads take a crack at it.  It's different from anything else you've played.  You only get the chainsaw and you have to keep moving!  This one uses a few new monsters and uses a modified BDJ20, but honestly, it makes sense when you see what it's all about.  You won't have to do any jumping, crouching or freelook, but you will want to run it in GZDoom.

Give it a shot?

https://www.moddb.com/mods/cyberbaron-land/downloads/cyberbaronland

CybieLandPic.png

Edited by rabidrage : Add a pic

On 6/11/2020 at 4:38 PM, 19Wraith said:

i would like you to play my wad structures of death. medium complex level with kind of frustating begginning but soon becomes easier and more enjoyable. don't recommend to play without freelook

I play without freelook, so I'll be passing on this one.

3 hours ago, Kain D. said:

Play on Hurt me Plenty and with Freelook enabled. Additionally I'm curious with what compability setting you usually play on Gzdoom.

I also tuned up boss battle in map 11 and I'm putting this as optional request, so it's up to you, if you want to record it.

I use "default" frequently because it's what I use when testing my own stuff, but my actual preference has a couple "Doom" / "Doom (Strict) elements"

Again, I play without freelook. If you're intending to release this as "don't play without freelook," then I'm not interested in testing.

8 hours ago, HAK3180 said:

If you're intending to release this as "don't play without freelook," then I'm not interested in testing.

The freelook in the wad is recommended, not required. It has nothing to do with shooting enemies, just jumppads are more enjoyable to use.

1 hour ago, Kain D. said:

The freelook in the wad is recommended, not required. It has nothing to do with shooting enemies, just jumppads are more enjoyable to use.

Same as mine. Freelook makes it easier, but its playable without freelook also.

I also decided to try to do something in 30 minutes or more. As you can see from the time limit - the map a much poorer compared to the ones that I requested you before.

@Clownslay

Doomworld forum topic

While I like some of the structure, the appearance is very bare, usually with one texture entirely dominating very large areas. Almost all the combat was extremely grindy. There are way too many meaty monsters for the guns you’re given. It was hard to tell what was supposed to be optional and what was not. I ended up getting lost with no idea where the red key might be. I ended up watching some of @Zolgia108's video. Looks like the shootable switch around his 45:00 minute mark is what I missed. That would have infuriated me, so I'm glad I didn't end up finding that.

Bottom line: I ended up not knowing how to continue, and I was kinda happy about that

i don't want to see the whole clip cause it brings back bad memories, but where the heck did you get the berserk dammit hahahaha.

One of the most frustrating maps i've ever played, more or less like close to dog first version hahaahahahahah @HAK3180

@Zolgia108, Hahahahaha, those were the days.

Berserk was a very early two-part secret before shotgun / chaingun choice. About 3:10 - 4:00 on my video

1 minute ago, HAK3180 said:

@Zolgia108, Hahahahaha, those were the days.

Berserk was a very early two-part secret before shotgun / chaingun choice. About 3:10 - 4:00 on my video

can you believe that i killed all of those early demons punching them with no berserk? then i realized there was the QUAKE TRAP!

2 minutes ago, Zolgia108 said:

i killed all of those early demons punching them with no berserk

My goodness, I didn't even think about not having berserk for that. That would have been another rage moment because the Quake thing eluded me. I have not played Quake since ~2000, and I only played it for a year or two and then never again. I hope you watch surveillance footage for a living or something to utilize the incredible patience you must have.

19 minutes ago, HAK3180 said:

My goodness, I didn't even think about not having berserk for that. That would have been another rage moment because the Quake thing eluded me. I have not played Quake since ~2000, and I only played it for a year or two and then never again. I hope you watch surveillance footage for a living or something to utilize the incredible patience you must have.

ahahahhaahahahah it was just a good day, in fact i never recorded again!

wait until you ll play the leviathan map (the guy posted it here) and then we will talk about patience again my friend :)

@xdarkmasterx

Doomworld forum topic

Fun level flow. Solid vanilla visual experiences that focus more on atmosphere than details. The map felt a little too empty at times. I was on easy, but the count doesn’t really change. In particular, the big reveal after you get the rocket launcher was quite underwhelming. Maybe I should default to medium.

Bottom line: another xdarkmasterx map

@HAK3180 Thanks for taking the time to play my map and give me feedback. You actually played an outdated version of the map and most if not all of the problems you encountered have been fixed or improved. The map is more detailed, puzzles are better designed, you get more ammo and weapons quicker, some cryptic parts are more clear, encounters are less grindy, etc.

47 minutes ago, Clownslay said:

You actually played an outdated version of the map and most if not all of the problems you encountered have been fixed or improved.

I see. I often download right away and play later, so be sure to draw attention to updates in the future. PM me or post again here or @ mention me in the topic itself.

@HAK3180 Oh yeah, sorry.  They get loaded together.  Cyberbaronland.wad first, then Cyberbaronland3.wad.  I don't recall exactly why I ended up building it that way, though I'm sure an examination of the wads in Slade would remind me.