Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HAK3180

*2020 HAKAWARDS* I'm Also Looking to Play and Record Your Maps 2 *CLOSED*

5 hours ago, HAK3180 said:

untitled map by @Noiser

This was a very pleasant surprise, simply because I knew nothing of this mapper and got very little description and no screenshots and no map name even. It was a blast of an unrelenting nonlinear tech base. The layout intricacies really made this thing, especially how the combat always managed to feel like it was made for how I entered the room, despite the areas all being so well connected.

Yay! Feels good to know I have an award for a map that wasn't even released yet 8D
You're amazing man, thank you once again for your feedback and commitment to the community!

Edited by Noiser

It's an honor to have Clandestine Castle Crashing receive an award. I'm really proud of all of the mappers who contributed to make that WAD what it is today. Likewise, I cherish that these events get enough traction in the first place; I attribute your playtesting to part of their success.

The monthly speedmapping series won't feel the same with your absence.

Good health and farewell 

Until next time ,o7

2 hours ago, HAK3180 said:

Rowdy Rudy Returns in…Powertrip Map 14 “Rumble in the Canyon”

Thanks for the kind words! Really glad to hear you enjoyed the map, and the set in general. Everyone really pulled together to make it something special. 

This community will miss for sure your reviews, and for me, i can only say that i hope you return to continue your legacy. It was a great pleasure at the time, standing at your side doing playtesting and for sure i learned alot with you. Best of luck for your project!

Cheers ;)

Thank you very much, I appreciate your playtesting and feedback, in fact my mapping skills and experience was vastly improved by following said feedback since my first published map. My maps would not be what they are now without your help and for that I am grateful.

Good luck with your mapping project (and everything else). Your playtesting will be missed in the meantime.

I feel truly honored for the mention! Hopefully you will be able to play more maps in the future, wish you the best HAK!

I really appreciate the mention, it honestly means a lot!

I don't think you can really understate how monumental this series has been for the mapping community and how helpful it is to anyone aspiring to map. HAK's commentary always seems to be able to effectively dissect strengths and weaknesses of maps in an authentic and candid way without ever trudging into mean-spiritedness even when it's clear HAK isn't enjoying the map he's playing or without being overly prescriptive. I learned so much from just the commentary video on my first map alone, I've actually gone back and watched HAK's playthrough of Malleable Intent multiple times just to try and absorb the various observations and critiques. And just having the wherewithal to actually play over 1400 maps in the span of like 3 years is absolutely insane to me - if that's not an indiscreet love for Doom and the mapping community at large, then I don't know what is.

So I will just reiterate one last time, thanks a lot for this. It was truly awesome.

As a new mapper getting his maps tested and recorded, I (and my son) have very much appreciated the criticism and feedback as I continue to build my skills and enjoy being in this community. I really appreciate your work, and hope the best for your future endeavors! 

22 hours ago, HAK3180 said:

@Andromeda probably “liked” more of my posts than anyone else, and that bit of encouragement from folks who were not the actual mapper was inspiring.

Heh, didn't expect to get a mention :)

Anyway, I don't think I have anything else to add that hasn't been said already by other members, so I'll be brief. I'm not a mapper myself, but I've watched quite a few of your videos (the ones I've "liked", mostly levels I'm interested in/played already) and they're definitely a great resource for the mappers, you perform the playtester role exceptionally well. I'm glad my "likes" provided some (minute as it may be) encouragement, you certainly deserve it for keeping this thread alive for three years almost without breaks.

Stay safe and good luck for your future endeavours!

Awesome HAK!

Thanks a lot for your great contribution and for going through my wads! Your videos are amazing and it helped a lot to give feedback to mappers and making them improve their work (especially myself)

Thanks for always testing my maps. Despite you not liking a few of them, the feedback was always genuine and helpful. I appreciate what you've done for myself and the community. Hope your future projects go well!