Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HAK3180

I'm Also Looking to Play and Record Your Maps 2 -COVID HIATUS-

@HAK3180, Ok, I'll think about the map rebalance. Do you usually re-run maps when they have some changes?

Hey @Hak3180, heres my last map. People helped me a lot with feedback for the fixes, so this is probably the final version, I just want to start building again hehe.

Have fun!

Map name: Bitter Awakening - Replaces map 07 Doom II

Music: Quake II - The Underworld

Tested on Gzdoom

Difficulty: UV 

Freelook: Totally optional.

Jump/crouch: No. Will ruin progression/triggers.

DOWNLOAD (Final Version): https://mega.nz/file/AgpHSAqC#sE3cpO8ebVN7cYKBMa1O2RODHjkK4O4kk9vXdMGE7zA

@TesaQ

Yandex download page

Another strong layout. Another pleasant-looking map. Another decent challenge. This mapper has some definite strengths, in my mind, and some things that fortunately could easily be improved. The first thing I notice about this map is that, as the third one now, it solidifies that pretty much every significant point of progression yields a trap of some sort. If that’s always true, then it loses its effect. I also strongly advise against the theme of weapons that are only available in secrets. This map has two or three barons, plenty of revenants, hell knights, mancubi, and arachnotrons, and you’re going to expect the non-secretfinder to do it all with the super shotgun? I’ve already harped on this point after Map 01, and Tesa Q has not had time to change anything, but I do think it’s important enough to mention again. The only other thing is some of the instapop (or quasi-instapop) is implemented in such a way that you can easily take a ride on enemies’ heads, which feels both awkward and cheap.

Bottom line: minor annoyances but a good, cohesive map

@nicolas monti

download the .wad

This definitely has some 94-ism to it, but it’s still a well designed map. I like the sandbox start that soon becomes a linear and ground-covering adventure that ultimately takes you back to the starting area.

Bottom line: really cool design, adventurous feel

33 minutes ago, HAK3180 said:

@nicolas monti

download the .wad

This definitely has some 94-ism to it, but it’s still a well designed map. I like the sandbox start that soon becomes a linear and ground-covering adventure that ultimately takes you back to the starting area.

Bottom line: really cool design, adventurous feel

Going to see the video now, if you still didn't record E1M7 here's an update with the baron customisation

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vyoz3j3zuim3zwp/BACKTO075.wad/file

Here’s another speedmap, I have so many of them that I can easily make a mappack. Jeez ("._.)

This is made in 8 hrs for another speedmapping event.

Info:

* Map Name: Processing Plant.

* Map Author: Man With a Gun (MWG)

* Original Map: UACPhobosBase by Oxyde.

* Custom Music: Kyle Dobson - Waves of Intrigue.

* Source Port Tested on: PrBoom (complevel 9)

* Custom Sky: Yes.

* Build Time: 8hrs.

* Multiplayer: Only Co-Op starts.

* Misc Info From Author: A tough rebuild of the original map from Oxyde, since the original map seems like was unfinished - the result came out more on a different map than on "Build a DM-map into a SP/Co-Op" imo. So I don’t know how well I did it, but it was definitely fun to mapping.

*Gameplay Time: 10-15 min.

*Map balance: Could be a harsh.

Also if you want to see the difference between the original map and mine, here are the screenshots:

stuff.png.338b0dcd75b510ae7ee0968d685af523.png

screen1.png.d0c7062b5a88733f1fe5b3041e9c036e.png

screen3.png.13e24ea2a63f6616019a82e2620c8ac9.png

Download: PP Coop bugfix.zip