Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChicagoTrash

How to import a custom thing from realm667?

Question

I'm a complete and utter newbie when it comes to Slade and every time I try to add an item from realm667, it either destroys every map in my wad or doesn't work. Could someone explain how to import stuff. I've tried other tutoriels but they all just lead to complete wad destruction or just nothing.

2 answers to this question

A couple of things to keep in mind when importing new custom things to your mod:

• Make sure the custom thing you're trying to add already has a DoomEdNum, if it doesn't, give it one that isn't used by other actors you intend to use (including others you might have already added).
  • Make sure there's no conflicting actor names and that each actor has it's own name that isn't used by other actors, usually when this happens GZDoom warns you that your addon is trying to register an actor with the same name more than once, this prevents the editor from loading them.
  • Make sure the engine is able to detect the sprites of your actor, place them between S_START and S_END markers in the case you're using a .wad file, or inside "sprites" directory in the case of .pk3.

The newly added actors can be found in their own category in the things list in the level editor, unless you decide to make them replace some of the default actors, in this case you don't need to give them a DoomEdNum.

2 hours ago, tempdecal.wad said:

A couple of things to keep in mind when importing new custom things to your mod:

• Make sure the custom thing you're trying to add already has a DoomEdNum, if it doesn't, give it one that isn't used by other actors you intend to use (including others you might have already added).
  • Make sure there's no conflicting actor names and that each actor has it's own name that isn't used by other actors, usually when this happens GZDoom warns you that your addon is trying to register an actor with the same name more than once, this prevents the editor from loading them.
  • Make sure the engine is able to detect the sprites of your actor, place them between S_START and S_END markers in the case you're using a .wad file, or inside "sprites" directory in the case of .pk3.

The newly added actors can be found in their own category in the things list in the level editor, unless you decide to make them replace some of the default actors, in this case you don't need to give them a DoomEdNum.

Thanks.