Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vanilla_d00m

Overcoming motion sickness..

Homany of you have had motion sickness before from a FPS game?

Did it go away?? How Long?? And Did you have to change any settings to make it go away??

Or did you're body just adapt to it so it doesnt freaking matter what settings you use?

I'm trying to adapt.... i think its much faster then trying to find the best settiings ever, my anti motion sickness goggles havnt arrived yet so im wondering if any of you have had this problem and just wen't along with it untill it finally stopped.

The game is hard to put away, E1M1 is so cool.

Edited by vanilla_d00m

It's usually the field of vision vs how far you are away from the screen. The last FPS to give me motion sickness was Shadow Warrior's reboot, but only in the gas section. You're in a gas mask, the screen view is pulsing in and out.

I've dated people with bad motion sickness. If they drove, they were fine, if they didn't they were motion sick. These women could even ride roller coasters, but not spinny rides.

I have my FOV in zdoom set to 107 with 320x240 resolution.  I havnt sat further from the screen with the FOV setting on yet.

Rollercoasters.. cant stand BEING IN ONE, the last one I was in I remember was indiana jones and I was begging to get off, those turns where awful.  This was a long time ago.. I don't go to disneyland anymore, plus I was eating a bag of dorritos which i dont even eat much of anyway.

Pirates of the carbean ride was my favorite.... easy and relaxing like that  small world ride.

I really wan't to be able to play this game at least for 1 hour without having problems that last for weeks & months.. it's really the only game I play next to mortal kombat.

If i adapt to it someday... cool, if not then at least I beat ultimate doom on HMP.

Edited by vanilla_d00m