Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dave_Billing

Looking for single player map testers

A really nice level!

Things I liked:

- Good architecture and detail, mostly on par with the original levels.

- Secret areas! Exploring hidden, mysterious areas like Maintenance Access felt rewarding. The mails you get when finding secret areas is a cool idea.

I found scerets 1, 3, 5, and 6.

- Combat was good and there was the right ammount of ammo, so that it wouldn't become too easy (played on normal difficulty).

- Some interesting areas, like the observation room or the arena-like room near the end.

- The storytelling via mails is good, I enjoyed the reading.

Things to fix/improve:

- Door to Storage G2-1 has green lights despite being locked.

- GUI for yellow key door should display the yellow key interface instead of the A.C.O key interface.

- Blue key should be correctly called A.C.O. key in the objective, or be replaced by a modified key that actually looks like a blue key, and corresponding custom GUI.

- Specimen gallery: set GUIs to "noninteractive 1"

- Body tanks in the Specimen gallery could maybe need some more subtle lighting, or a different glass shader?

- The Health Station just next to the door in Data Terminal Service Foyer feels out of place, maybe put it into a small alcoven in the previous room? Feels so inconvenient in that hallway...

- Rest Area: put a (non-interactive) locked door at the end of that short corridor in front of the windows. That small corridor has no purpose when it just leads to a dead end with nothing there, feels weird.

21 hours ago, Tetzlaff said:

A really nice level!

Things I liked:

- Good architecture and detail, mostly on par with the original levels.

- Secret areas! Exploring hidden, mysterious areas like Maintenance Access felt rewarding. The mails you get when finding secret areas is a cool idea.

I found scerets 1, 3, 5, and 6.

- Combat was good and there was the right ammount of ammo, so that it wouldn't become too easy (played on normal difficulty).

- Some interesting areas, like the observation room or the arena-like room near the end.

- The storytelling via mails is good, I enjoyed the reading.

Things to fix/improve:

- Door to Storage G2-1 has green lights despite being locked.

- GUI for yellow key door should display the yellow key interface instead of the A.C.O key interface.

- Blue key should be correctly called A.C.O. key in the objective, or be replaced by a modified key that actually looks like a blue key, and corresponding custom GUI.

- Specimen gallery: set GUIs to "noninteractive 1"

- Body tanks in the Specimen gallery could maybe need some more subtle lighting, or a different glass shader?

- The Health Station just next to the door in Data Terminal Service Foyer feels out of place, maybe put it into a small alcoven in the previous room? Feels so inconvenient in that hallway...

- Rest Area: put a (non-interactive) locked door at the end of that short corridor in front of the windows. That small corridor has no purpose when it just leads to a dead end with nothing there, feels weird.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback.  Will look at making the necessary revisions and report back on what I have done.