Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubh

Scans Page 4 reflection?????

I was reading over the scans and on page 4
and to the left of the Phobos large text heading is a cool outside view through a window. I know somebody has already seen this but
(maybe its my eyes messing with me) but can anyone see a reflection of the marines face?
Look at the furthest away building and to the right of it the light is increased and you can trace the outline of the left side of the face, eye nose etc...

Anyone see this???

Dubh

sorry folks!!!

The perspective is completely wrong to be a reflection.
Sorry about that. Kinda jumped the gun. Does look like a face though.

Do you think we will be able to get out there?

There is a reflection on that window if I'm not mistaken, though I don't think it's the marine's reflection either. Interesting view though. It's probably an excerpt from the part before it all went to hell, literally.

after looking at it for a wile I think it might be this:

Picture this cooridoor is about 5m across and there is a window on the other side with a similar pillar as the one in the pic. Is it a reflection of a pilliar on the opposite side if cooridoor and because this is the only reflection it suggests there is a window on the other side?

just a guess, if true.......nice cooridoor. :D

Like an airbrisge of some sort..pretty cool looking down on the base huh? Then after the invasion begins I wonder if the outside will update to show destruction,chaos etc.....

from what i've seen in the ingame movie reflections are possible by engine. there's a scene where you can clearly see the refl. of an enemy coming up behind you while you are watching through a window.

And why couldn't you post this in the "scans are up" thread?

uniQ said:

from what i've seen in the ingame movie reflections are possible by engine. there's a scene where you can clearly see the refl. of an enemy coming up behind you while you are watching through a window.

And in the very same video you see the doomguy admire himself in a mirror just before a pinky tries to rip his face off.

Dubh said:

Do you think we will be able to get out there?

According to particularly reliable sources, you will be able to stay outside for a brief time due to lack of support of oxygen

edit: it has mentioned in pcgamers magazine also

yeah I read that, but it would be cool if you could blast through a window and walk outside and because of the oxygen limitation, you will never really get to go far, turn that corner etc. You might be able to make a dash for a window near to you and blast your way back into the complex. Also if a window is blown open it would be cool to simulate atmosphere problems i.e. lack of oxygen around that particular window.

Just a thought..maybe fantasizing too much

Dubh said:

it would be cool if you could blast through a window and walk outside and because of the oxygen limitation, you will never really get to go far, turn that corner etc. You might be able to make a dash for a window near to you and blast your way back into the complex. Also if a window is blown open it would be cool to simulate atmosphere problems i.e. lack of oxygen around that particular window.

Riiiighhhtttt.

Go watch the beginning of Total Recall. Is that what you want to happen to the Doom Guy? I don't think you'd be just hopping out a window into the atmosphere after blowing the window out. Most likely you'd be sucked out the window -- That is, unless you happen to be wearing some sort of anti-grav gear or something...

You wouldn't want anti-grav... you'd want some serious weights. Or at leats something strong to hold on to. Gravity wouldn't pull you out... airflow would.

yeah obviously, that would indicate a hazmat type suit for going outdoors. ....and an airlock, or maybe the load screen will just put you there...hope not

AirRaid said:

You wouldn't want anti-grav... you'd want some serious weights. Or at leats something strong to hold on to. Gravity wouldn't pull you out... airflow would.

That's what I meant....my bad.......