Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
IMJack

Moscow

Yes, I've been following it pretty closely.
One hostage already shot in the head. Before that, all of her fingers were broken. These guys are deadserious. If Russian special forces storm the building they'll blow themselves up, together with all of the 700 civilians.
This situation sucks and I'm afraid it'll turn into a huge bloodbath.

Seemed there was some hope as they let a few people go, but the brutal murder of that young woman has shown that they are serious siegers.

All we can do is hope and pray teh Russian government don't do anything rash.

pritch said:

Seemed there was some hope as they let a few people go, but the brutal murder of that young woman has shown that they are serious siegers.

From what I hear, she wasn't a hostage: she was a police officer, acting on her own, who got a little too close and got capped for her trouble. Which goes to show that when the nice men with guns give you a clear, concise, immediate, cause-and-effect warning, you heed it.

A good ol' asteroid the size of wisconsin will do 'em good! ...but since something like that will destroy the planet, I guess that won't ever happen.

Seroiusly though, I'm guessing things are gonna get worse by the way things sound.

What do you think Russia should do?

I saw a vote on TV, 88% said russia should leave Thsetsenia. Maybe they should, but why don't people understand that it's impossible. If Russia would let Tshetsenia get independent there would be millions of people in other parts of Russia willing to get independent. There's no way out of this situation.

I think this is gonna end to a huge massacre :(

pritch said:

All we can do is hope and pray teh Russian government don't do anything rash.

You are joking, right?

Three days now, it must smell like shit in that theatre.

Are they allowed into the bathrooms?

For some reason, this story has me particulary worried and concerned. For some reason...

and on that note....

Would they have even waiting to get to a toilet? I mean, they could have thought that they might have been executed right then and there so...

It takes panache to capture a suicide soldier alive, let alone a bunch of them. Does the Russian Republic still do executions?

How did they manage to storm the building without catastrophic results? Amazing. It could have been so much worse...

Unconfirmed reports that sleeping gas was fed through the ventilation system. Hostages were forced to relieve their bowel functions in the theatre pits.

Here some news about the hostage "rescue" in Moscow.

Aftonbladet

It says that over 130 people were killed (counting the 34 rebels aswell) in the storm of the theatre.

IMJack said:

Check your numbers. 67 hostages, plus 32 combatants, lost their lives. But then again, about 760 people didn't die who most likely would have.

Those numbers were accurate at the time being. I thought that the authorities at the scene in Moscow were the ones that were checking the bodycount.

I'm looking at Pravda.ru, and they say only 67 hostages and 34 terrs. There were only fifty terrs to begin with; several were captured, some may have escaped. The Pravda is a bit closer to the source, and I know it to be extremely pessimistic on this sort of thing.