Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Serge Jkn

[WIP] Doom II: Annie - Episode 2 - UPDATE 10/19/2019: New video

Hey everyone!

It's been quite a while since I last wrote an update of my project on Doomworld, so I've gathered a couple of screenshots and a bunch of other stuff to give you a good idea of what I've been up to with the second episode of Doom II: Annie.

First of all, I've been working closely together with Zanieon on the second episode. He's going to help me out with additional texturing and detailing. We'll be using a custom texture pack that's very different from the first episode.

Let's look at some screenshots of our combined efforts so far:

Screenshot_Doom_20190807_224052.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20190807_224444.jpg

There are some additional screenshots here in the Moddb article below. Note that these are from the second map which is still under heavy construction.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/annie/news/an-overview-of-the-demonic-sewers-e2m2-of-doom-ii-annie

I've recently released a short news video where can get an overview and some other brand new screenshots of the project so far as well as a little information about the third map in the episode:

There's still quite some work to do but we're getting there. A couple of days ago, I started working with sector portals for the very first time as well. I wrote a small article with a screenshot to show the progress here: https://sergejaeken.com/2019/08/13/introducing-sector-portals-into-doom-ii-annie/

Edited by Serge Jkn : new screenshot

I was just wondering about this! I thought the first one was excellent, and I was wondering if there were gonna be any additional episodes. I'm excited to play this!

I had a ton of fun playing the first episode. Hopefully, you can take everything you learned from creating that, and use it to make something even better!

The first episode was quite an enjoyable experience. I did a video playthrough of it. Excited about the news of Zanieon joining the project, he certainly have his own unique style, and looking forward to more news and for an eventual release!

@Doctor NickThanks! Yeah, There will be a total of 4 episodes with 4 levels each so 16 in total :)

@NuclearPotatoWell the second episode is technically more advanced than the first one. Hopefully I can increase the fun factor as well.

@AL-97Yeah saw that video a while ago. Very nice playthrough and you put up a good fight ;) Zanieon is indeed a great addition to the project.

Looks awesome! The first episode was of perfect length. Not too long, with each map having its own unique style. So how many maps do you guys plan for this episode?

12 hours ago, AL-97 said:

Looks awesome! The first episode was of perfect length. Not too long, with each map having its own unique style. So how many maps do you guys plan for this episode?

Each of the 4 episodes will have 4 maps. We'll try to keep consistency while making sure there's enough variation between the maps for this episode as well.