Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gzdoom plz help

Gzdoom help

So I have a windows 10 optiplex 280 dell and a downloaded gzdoom-bin-4-1-3-x64 folder and Doom1.WAD and Doom2.wad and I put them in the folder and opened gzdoom and it failed on me the fail is called Fatal Error - GZDoom g4.1.3 64-bit and it loaded DOOM shareware but it stopped at I_StartupDirectinputJoystick and a big X appeared “Execution could not continue” “R_OPENGL: OpenGL drover not accelerated!” And as I said I have w10 so I can’t download OpenGL because it’s on w9 and under can someone please help 

1. No need to spam creating copies of the theme.

2. Dell optiplex 280 is NOT support OpenGL 4.5 or high. ONLY 1.4.

I have the same issue, my laptop is long past getting updates for graphics.  I got stuck with openGl 2.1 as the last update for my integrated graphics.  LZDoom should help with this, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles as the newer version, but you can still play Doom!

Since my PC is garbage I've since moved all my Dooming to my Android devices (a Chromebook, Galaxy S7 and Google Pixel 2.  It handles almost everything I can throw at it and supports OpenGL 3.1 and Vulkan, and it runs GZDoom 4 with the Delta Touch app.

On 8/13/2019 at 1:12 AM, Garrett said:

1. No need to spam creating copies of the theme.

2. Dell optiplex 280 is NOT support OpenGL 4.5 or high. ONLY 1.4.

Sorry idk how doom world works and thanks 

On 8/17/2019 at 10:21 PM, Gzdoom plz help said:

Will it sill have mod  support ?

Yes both will have mod support, to a degree.  If you play on that PC you'll be limited to older maps and mods.  It's the same on Delta Touch on Android, if your phone is older it may not run mods as well as the PC.  I have 2 more modern phones and they both run most mods pretty well, they stumble in larger maps and more detailed geometry.

You'll have to just experiment to see what works for you.  I have fun trying to make Doom mods run on old hardware.