Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tobbe

Custom textures not showing up in Slade

Question

I have this problem where i've made a map using textures from cc4-tex and GOTHICX but when i open them up in Slade to copy them over to my map some of the textures are missing despite showing up in GZdoom Builder. What causes this and how do i fix it?

3 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, tobbe said:

I have this problem where i've made a map using textures from cc4-tex and GOTHICX but when i open them up in Slade to copy them over to my map some of the textures are missing despite showing up in GZdoom Builder. What causes this and how do i fix it?

Since you are not giving much detail on your texturing process, I make an assumption:

• Are you using the DOOM mapping format?
  • You have all three files open in Slade3 and you cannot copy/paste them to your pwad?
  • Are you making new TEXTURE1 and PNAMES lumps?
  • Do you know the difference between PATCH and TEXTURE?

17 minutes ago, Kappes Buur said:

Since you are not giving much detail on your texturing process, I make an assumption:

• You have all three files open in Slade3 and you cannot copy/paste them to your pwad?
  • Are you making new TEXTURE1 and PNAMES lumps?

I have all 3 files open in slade and i'm copying and pasting textures from the texture wads into my map. i've made all the entries you need to get the textures to work and i've gotten most of the textures working in my map this way. The problem i'm having is that i've for example used the texture "ADEL_Q63" from GOTHICX in my map, but when i open GOTHICX in Slade the texture "ADEL_Q63" is not listed in the wad despite almost all of the other textures being listed.

There.png

NotThere.png

Edited by tobbe : added pictures