Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lone2401

ANOMALY (WAD)- Out now! -see last post-

Just played through the demo and I very much enjoyed it. Solid levels with neat secrets and good progression. I particularly liked the cctv screens in the last map. They didn't have any business looking as crisp and clear as they did. I'll admit I did get lost once on that level, but that was probably my own fault. Definitely looking forward to playing more! The screenshots you've posted of e1m4 makes it look like a distinct turn from the last few maps. That was a reasonably innocent looking portal to hell in e1m3. 

On 8/30/2019 at 8:57 PM, kknot5889 said:

The screenshots you've posted of e1m4 makes it look like a distinct turn from the last few maps. That was a reasonably innocent looking portal to hell in e1m3. 

MAP04 isn't set in Hell, but rather it's a Shores of Hell style level set on Earth. The screenshot doesn't do it justice but that's the only presentable part of the map at the moment.

17 hours ago, LoneAlpha2401 said:

MAP04 isn't set in Hell, but rather it's a Shores of Hell style level set on Earth. The screenshot doesn't do it justice but that's the only presentable part of the map at the moment.

Fair enough. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Testing out destructible environments, this being a breakable glass floor.

NzsBA83.gif

10 hours ago, LoneAlpha2401 said:

More interactive environments- pushable/shootable crates.

YL6mwoH.gif

That is a very resilient crate :)

On 10/30/2019 at 7:39 AM, Andromeda said:

That is a very resilient crate :)

Sure is! I considered making them breakable but it would have made some secrets impossible.

Well, it's been a while since the last update, so here's some screenshots.

Spoiler

TgmPXuV.png

0evUMT0.png

9oKZeVH.png

CwtczPt.png

TiHL4kz.png

@kknot5889 Looks like you're using an old version of GZdoom. The new demo utilizes features only available in the newest version.

4 hours ago, LoneAlpha2401 said:

@kknot5889 Looks like you're using an old version of GZdoom. The new demo utilizes features only available in the newest version.

Gotcha. I'll grab the new version and check it out.

Development on ANOMALY has been put on hold until further notice.

Sorry about the long delay, I don't have anything new to show. Sadly the music pack will either be canceled or released late.

EDIT: I truly apologize for the extreme delay, I only have to make 1 more map. I've just been struggling to stay motivated.

EDIT 2: I've been having some bad mapper's block. I promise the WAD will be finished by the end of this month.

EDIT 3: ANOMALY has been released!

Edited by LoneAlpha2401