Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benjogami

Abandon [final]

I've bounced around various maps in this since release, but finally gave map12 a proper go this weekend and had an absolute blast. definitely one of my favorite maps in recent memory - absolutely love how many fights feature the horseshoe-shaped arena but with such different setups that it all feels so unique

The maps are fantastic, just call it a day. We need to finally see some demos of these maps as they're the worst and best at the same time.

Green slaughter artifact.                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Hell stronghold with red patterns and road straight to the center.                                                                                                                                       

Orange valhalla resembless Babylons Chimera map 15 from Sunder wad.Last area was very nice for monsters fight.                                                              

Short map.Battle revenants interesting part because you need to constantly dodge their attacks.Radiation suits taking the right moment and killed cyberdemon plasma.                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Green illuminated map.                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Slaughter bottom between balistics towers really great map for cl-9.                                                                                                                                  

Slaughter map with platforms and descents.This is not a matter of one legion especially fight in penultimate area.Last joke imps for bfg attacks was more fun.Resembles green sunder day.                                                                                                                                                                                    

Silence in slaughter stronghold.Realm shadow of time.                                                                                                                                                      

Found a random softlock today in map09, at the very start. If you take a right and drop off into here you get stuck:

doom00.png

Marvelous slaughter lair of monsters.Glory dance.                                                                                                                                                             

Abandon6m1854.zip

Is the OST listed anywhere? I can't find it but I really could use the source on some of these. Map 6 especially, the background synth and bell-like synth stabs have a melancholy to them that's offset by the tribal drums and it makes the journey through the megastructure downright intoxicating. I can't get enough of it and I'd love to know what the source is so I can find more music like it.

1 hour ago, Peristalsis said:

Is the OST listed anywhere? I can't find it but I really could use the source on some of these. Map 6 especially, the background synth and bell-like synth stabs have a melancholy to them that's offset by the tribal drums and it makes the journey through the megastructure downright intoxicating. I can't get enough of it and I'd love to know what the source is so I can find more music like it.

MAP06's MIDI is Departure from Duke Nukem 3D: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANkhKjgUP8Q

The Doom Wiki page has a section listing the soundtrack but it's incomplete.

We were actually compiling a credit list for the text file the other day and managed to identify all but one of the midis.. Anyone who knows what 08 is, or where its from... gets a prize consisting of absolutely nothing :)

1 "Something I Can Never Have" by Nine Inch Nails
2 "Outer Darkness" by Primeval
3 "Under a Crimson Moon" by The Green Herring
4 Outdoor Theme 2 from Dungeon Master 2
5 "Darkseige" by an unknown author
6 "Departure" from Duke Nukem 3D
7 "Taking the Death Toll" from Duke Nukem 3D
8 ?
9 Hydrodynamo Station theme from Metroid Prime 2
10 Sewers theme from Terminator: Future Shock
11 "Underground" by Ribbiks
12 "Demon Resurged" by Primeval
13 Hangar theme from PS1 Doom
14 "Rusty Nails" by Jimmy
15 Crateria - Raining (Remix) from Super Metroid, tracked by SilentZorah
16 "Dungeon Theme 9" from Dungeon Master 2
17 Privateer's Hold theme from The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
18 Target Closing theme from Metroid Fusion

Title Target Closing theme from Metroid Fusion
Int Iris's Theme from Lufia II
Text The Library theme from Resident Evil 2

8 minutes ago, Jacek Bourne said:

Is this finished to the point at which I can record a demo and it won’t de-sync later?

It is still not finalized.

22 hours ago, Jacek Bourne said:

@bemused 

How close would you say Abandon is to being finalized? What still needs to be finished?

Ummm.... good question. As far as im aware the edited SP maps are all in, with difficulty settings and basic coop stuff in place, so its just all the slow fiddly stuff like compiling and testing them, trying to go through 6 years worth of PMs on various platforms to create a credits list for textures, midis etc, and other such stuff remaining. New version posted within the next month or 2 hopefully? Maybe? :P

Necropolis map.                                                                                                                                                                                   

Abandon15x1531.zip                                                                                                                                                                               

Hello guys! Been playing this wad for the past couple of weeks and I'd like to report a bug, I just played The Gripping Hand (this map certainly gripped me where it hurts...) and these revenants never teleported in:

hVSo0qG.png

Anyway I want to congratulate you guys, great wad, very good stuff, looking forward to the remaining maps.