Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Benjogami

Abandon [final]

These screenshots look amazing. Will the maps be playable in co-op? (e.g. with teleporters etc. to get into locked rooms?)

On 8/28/2019 at 10:51 AM, Degree23 said:

These screenshots look amazing. Will the maps be playable in co-op? (e.g. with teleporters etc. to get into locked rooms?)

Seeing as though there has been a wall of silence in reply to this question... i guess i should jump in to answer with a resounding "maybe" :D

Whilst (some) effort has already been made to make maps compatible for coop play, zdaemon simply wont play most of them at all due to its linedef limitations, and zandronum will probably just crash or lag out when faced with this many monsters awake simultaneously. At the very least the maps will probably need some dedicated coop playtesting, tweaking and editing after the single player version is finished :)

These screenshots are orgasmic. I'm not really a fan of the slaughter gameplay but, i still have to comend the architecture and overall detailing. Brilliant work 

I may stroll through these with no monsters just to admire the scenery. 

I keep reading that title screen as BRANDON and thinking "who is Brandon and why does he get to have a WAD named after him?"

TFW you're hoping a big release that you've been looking forward to may be only a few months away, and then you remember that every month has 86 days now.

I can't wait until it gets released. I would love to try it out. It looks to me like a Sunder-style WAD. I wonder if it is going to have Holy Hell (level 5, specifically) sized maps.

Edited by mArt1And00m3r11339

1 minute ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Where the hell did I get this was called "abaddon" instead anyways congraaaaaatsSSS!

Weird same here lol, certainly seems appropriate for a slaughter set I guess!

8 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Where the hell did I get this was called "abaddon" instead anyways congraaaaaatsSSS!

I forgot to mention that the status bar is by galileo31dos01! Now included in OP.

these maps are amazing aaaaaaaaaaa

edit: but I admit I wouldn't have minded a few less somber midis lol

Edited by Tango

Congratz for the release!

Unfortunately it's not my style of gameplay, but it's really impressive nonetheless!

Edited by Deadwing

Played the first map - great texturework, some of the best I've ever seen! People who thought the last few Sunlust maps were difficult are going to love this one lmao

is this wad a vanilla wad without adding or modding weapons and or demons?

50 minutes ago, Amph said:

is this wad a vanilla wad without adding or modding weapons and or demons?

Abandon is a Boom-compatible wad composed of large, difficult slaughter maps.

@Amph @Andromeda

Vanilla is used 2 different ways ;)

Abandon is not vanilla, because it doesn't run on doom2.exe and needs an advanced sourceport that implements Boom features.

But Abandon is vanilla, because the gameplay is unmodded: there are no changes to monsters/weapons with Dehacked.