Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mk7_Centipede

ion fury is out

11 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

I'm not saying anything about the trans issue

I think we can guess what you'd say about it without you saying anything at all.

I really hope 3DRealms don't give in to these people and don't fire him. It's really creepy and reminds me of when nazis asked Tolkien if he was jewish or not before they could publish his novels in Germany and when communists ratted out people who had the "wrong opinion".

Wow yeah it's exactly like that. It's exactly like it in every way, except completely opposite. Nazis were the oppressors on the wrong side of history. Nazis rounded up gays and transgender people, which is exactly what people like these voidpoint owners want to see happen to anybody they hate.

So what if he doesn't like trans people and SJWs? He is a free person and has every right to an opinion. It doesn't affect the quality of the game at all. I play WADs and games from people whose opinions I don't agree with, why can't you?

I am a free person too and I never want anything to do with hateful chuds that want to do harm to people who are my friends just because they were taught hatred or because they have such miserable lives that they spend them trying to pull other people down. I don't support such people with my money or my fandom.

5 minutes ago, Quasar said:

I think we can guess what you'd say about it without you saying anything at all.

Wow yeah it's exactly like that. It's exactly like it in every way, except completely opposite. Nazis were the oppressors on the wrong side of history. Nazis rounded up gays and transgender people, which is exactly what people like these voidpoint owners want to see happen to anybody they hate.

I am a free person too and I never want anything to do with hateful chuds that want to do harm to people who are my friends just because they were taught hatred or because they have such miserable lives that they spend them trying to pull other people down. I don't support such people with my money or my fandom.

It's funny how only people from countries who have never been under either of these ideologies want to bring them back. They were BOTH evil. Don't believe me? Check this out.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitești_Prison This is the endpoint of this kind of mindset. What you see on Pedogaf is just the beginning and a symptom of a much larger problem.

They probably don't care that you don't want to play their game. You are just a very tiny and vocal minority.

4 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

It's funny how only people from countries who have never been under either of these ideologies want to bring them back. They were BOTH evil. Don't believe me? Check this out.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitești_Prison

Cool derail. I'm not a communist.

4 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

They probably don't care that you don't want to play their game. You are just a very tiny and vocal minority.

You're the one that seems to care if people want to play the game or not. I couldn't give a flying fuck what they think after the way they've been acting.

2 minutes ago, Quasar said:

Cool derail. I'm not a communist.

You're the one that seems to care if people want to play the game or not. I couldn't give a flying fuck what they think after the way they've been acting.

It seemed like you were because you said that only nazis were the wrong side of history.

I am only referencing this because these people have the same kind of thoughtpolice mindset and I think it's fucking creepy.

35 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

he funny thing is that they are not even good people because they host a lot of super-creepy and hypocritical people. Here's just a taste, there is a lot more. 

by that logic isnt voidpoint also normalizing pedophilia? mike12 has worked on husband hunter after all

Just now, jeroa said:

by that logic isnt voidpoint also normalizing pedophilia, mike12 worked has worked on husband hunter after all

I'm not that deep into the issue and I have no idea what that is but if it's true then yeah, it's fucking creepy.

But at least they don't have that holier-than-though mentality.

9 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

200.gif

Personally, I am surprised. Surprised at how badly TerminX handled the situation. I thought he was much wiser than this.

Though I would still play Ion Fury as I am one those people who tend to separate the art from the artist.

EDIT: Actually upon further research, TerminX did apologize on his and every other devs behalf (which I initially thought he didn't).

Edited by ReaperAA

Well shit, this looks like some trainwreck.

Hopefully the views of 1-2 people aren't representative of the team as a whole, but there's some hot takes in the screenshots for sure. I am now undecided about what I'm going to do with the game.

4 minutes ago, seed said:

Well shit, this looks like some trainwreck.

Hopefully the views of 1-2 people aren't representative of the team as a whole, but there's some hot takes in the screenshots for sure. I am now undecided about what I'm going to do with the game.

Who cares what they think? The game is good, that is the only thing that matters. 

What do you guys want from the sequel?

Here's what I want. I want it to be on the Quake engine and basically be what Duke Nukem Forever was advertising in that 2001 trailer.

Now all 3D Realms gotta do is get their hands on the Blood and Duke Nukem rights to make more games in this style and I can die happy. 

Monolith and Gearshit are not doing anything with the rights so why not? Maybe they could start a fundraiser to get money for the rights.

29 minutes ago, seed said:

I am now undecided about what I'm going to do with the game.

If u really like the game, I would say get it. A few bad apples doesn't make the entire dev team bad.

1 hour ago, DooM_RO said:

Now all 3D Realms gotta do is get their hands on the Blood and Duke Nukem rights to make more games in this style and I can die happy. 

Monolith and Gearshit are not doing anything with the rights so why not? Maybe they could start a fundraiser to get money for the rights.

Atari always asked for a ton of money for Blood so that's more than likely never happening. Neither Nightdive nor Devolver could afford buying the IP.

And Randy is more likely than not never giving Duke away. It's safe to say Duke is dead as a franchise, at least at this point. They couldn't even be arsed to bring the original expansions and the platformers back, and patch WT. 

1 hour ago, ReaperAA said:

If u really like the game, I would say get it. A few bad apples doesn't make the entire dev team bad.

I suppose.

Edited by seed

I love how ResetEra fails to see the irony in their posting:

kMESjwFl.jpg

They posted this image in the thread, and it perfectly describes what they are doing now. 0 self-awareness, and entirely proving TX's point

5 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

Personally, I am surprised. Surprised at how badly TerminX handled the situation. I thought he was much wiser than this.

I should eat my own words here. Upon further research, TerminX did apologize on his and every other devs behalf (which I initially thought he didn't).

Also I just read some of the pages of the ResetEra thread and realized how toxic that place itself is (more toxic than what the IF devs posted).

For example, see the "friendliness" of their admins/mods:

res1.png.49de60ef87aa79ad1c0edc230b9c3c0a.png

res2.png.e0dbaa599c1bb5465685b6710239f255.png

@ReaperAA

I read it too. Told you these were not "nice" people. Give these people more power and pretty soon you'll have the Thoughtpolice.

These days, movies & videogames with strong female main protagonist tend to become polarizing.
Either the artists are criticised for being misoginistic or for trying to push a SJW agenda.

I was actually surprised that Ion Fury was going so smoothly, I almost believed that there would be no drama...

13 minutes ago, Ferk said:

These days, movies & videogames with strong female main protagonist tend to become polarizing.
Either the artists are criticised for being misoginistic or for trying to push a SJW agenda.

I was actually surprised that Ion Fury was going so smoothly, I almost believed that there would be no drama...

These activist types also fail to praise the devs for making a strong female character that's not just a pair of tits when they could have easily done so considering the legacy of this game. I like her design a lot actually. Her personality is a bit bland and try-hard though.

I deeply apologize for going off-topic, but this has to go without saying:

625974AE-BC42-475D-941C-B43B92476D4A.png.6117bbf68cae6e2317e4d4fee29599d2.png

“This is not an argument over tax rates or the proper role of government in education. This is an argument about who will be allowed to exist in America.”

And adding to that, transphobia is not “different views”. 

Enough with the whataboutism.

Enough with the sealioning. 

Even if you don’t live in the US, understand that there are people that might live in your part of the world where they constantly live in fear of literally getting fucking shot or killed because they aren’t straight or male.

Hell, trans women are literally straight-up murdered because their partner would much rather commit homicide than to be shamed by his friends. 

“bUt fEmAlE pRoTaGoNiSt”

Stop. You can make your female protagonist to be as badass and non-sexualized as possible, but all that goodwill goes out the window when people find out you frequent r/braincels. Besides, complaining about esjaydubbaewes not heaping praise over you having a female protagonist is like an abuser saying to his victim “at least I don’t hit you”. 

“bUt rEsEtErA”

Stop. I know that ResetEra isn’t exactly the most newsworthy of sources, but given what’s later transpired, ResetEra should be the least of everyone’s concerns. It’s not just the Discord screencaps showing shitty Gamer takes anymore. 

The official Voidpoint Twitter account was literally liking and retweeting posts pertaining to white nationalist dogwhistles, as well as following some extremely questionable characters. 

And before you say “bUt tHeY cHaAaAnGeD”, said likes and retweets were fairly recent, and judging by how the account is running some horrific damage control, tells me that the exact same person who’s running damage control is the same one tweeting out racist shit. 

“bUt oUtRaGe mOb”

STOP. Yes, I know that there are people who use cancel culture and whatnot as a means of enacting vengeance instead of accountability, I understand that.

But any apology from Voidpoint would have sufficed, and not the “sorry you felt that way” crap. Something like “we deeply apologize for any comments made on our Discord server as they do not reflect the opinions of Voidpoint as a whole”.

Instead, they just chose to keep digging the hole and only apologizing when reviewers who covered their work got involved in putting a megaphone to their BS. 

No matter where your politics lie, Voidpoint’s PR method of damage control was extremely unprofessional. 

This is the last time I’m getting into this. 

Veering slightly back on-topic:

I do agree that the views of a few edgelords shouldn’t end up punishing the entire dev team, especially when their views aren’t nearly as extreme. 

I’ll still enjoy the game, but at the same time, it’s always been personally hard for me to just “separate the art from the artist”. 

37 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

Her personality is a bit bland and try-hard though.

Yea, that's my main problem with the character, it could have been better, but some of the quotes I've heard recently just scream "TRY HARD".

10 minutes ago, Man of Doom said:

The official Voidpoint Twitter account was literally liking and retweeting posts pertaining to white nationalist dogwhistles

Wow, any links to one such tweet? Gotta see this for myself.

12 minutes ago, Man of Doom said:

Even if you don’t live in the US, understand that there are people that might live in your part of the world where they constantly live in fear of literally getting fucking shot or killed because they aren’t straight or male.

Or face constant persecution.

4 minutes ago, seed said:

Wow, any links to one such tweet? Gotta see this for myself.

Spoiler

Yeah, and it doesn't help the accounts in question are... like I said, extremely questionable.

15 minutes ago, Nevander said:

Why the fuck does everything always end up getting political these days. Seriously, can we not?

I can tell you why, at least in cases like these. It's because most of the people from boards like ResetERA or Pedogaf are worthless individuals who amount to nothing and they are jealous of the success of developers like TerminX so they do the most petty thing possible and try to get people fired because that's all these miserable little shits are capable of. The only thing they have going in their life is that rush they get when they do something "good". If they truly cared about being good they would start with their communities and oust the pedos and other weirdos.

2 minutes ago, Man of Doom said:

Yeah, and it doesn't help the accounts in question are... like I said, extremely questionable.

And they're tweeting/following that shit on the VP account? This is both completely unprofessional and irresponsible.