Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mk7_Centipede

ion fury is out

11 minutes ago, Manuel-K said:

Can anyone explain in a short paragraph what the problem is?

tl;dr VoidPoint has a scumbag or two in the team who is likely transphobic (and more), TerminiX has been doing some pretty bad damage control, and someone who moderates the Twitter page is following and sharing questionable things.

The situation also got out of hand afterwards and turned into a shitshow.

It definitely is unprofessional of them (and quite frankly stupid) to follow and like that stuff on their company Twitter account, but then again they are an Indie dev and it is their first foray into professional game development. Personally I think that them liking that account in particular is more due to their perceived fear of "SJW types" (as in, what TerminX described in the screencap, people trying to shame people out of a job). I do not believe that the devs have any ulterior agenda to spread hate, they just want to develop games and make a living.

In addition to this, I don't see how the accusations of transphobia hold up, as the quotes relating to this at the start of the ResetEra thread are rather taken out of context:

https://pastebin.com/Vu41c06m

This wasn't a cesspit of a discussion about "lel trans people suck" -- it was actually rather civil, up until the point where Ten took offense to Deadolon's wording -- understandable, but then again I don't think it was Daedolon's intention to hurt him. Ignorant? kinda. Hateful? no.

I cant play demo version, because something with camera movement cause me dizziness and headache.

Does full version have same issue? Or maybe someone here experience same things?

After reading topic for some time

Spoiler

Dont care about agenda, %name% phobia/philia and such stuff, this is wont make me hate/love game.
This is just modern fashion for me, which would looks silly after several years. Why? I just remember what happens to hippie.

Played the game for a few hours, its mostly enjoyable with some good level design. The humanoid enemies barely move making them easy to engage with. I find the bowling bombs less useful than in the demo, they miss quite a lot. 

>SJW

Are you kidding me? Why are we paying attention to that place of non-gamer busybodies known as ResetEra?

Just now, Armaetus said:

>SJW

Are you kidding me? Why are we paying attention to that place of busybodies known as ResetEra?

Because they are "good" people who have the "right" opinions. 

Just now, DooM_RO said:

Because they are "good" people who have the "right" opinions. 

Unless you mean that in a mocking way, I strongly disagree with that hivemind of villainy over there

Just now, Armaetus said:

Unless you mean that in a mocking way, I strongly disagree with that hivemind of villainy over there

What do you think those quotes are for?

I haven't seen anything that would make me call anyone involved a scumbag. The thing is – people are entitled to opinions that differ from your own. And the language barrier has to be considered as well and that includes both English as second/third language and even differences due to different upbringing. Text based communication lacks many important channels like voice modulation, facial expressions and gesture. All of those things make it very easy to misinterpret something.

1 hour ago, Man of Doom said:

I think @Jimmy sums it up best:

I think he took the words right out of my mouth. 

I find it funny that people are saying "guys the devs are great people, it's just one guy that's a piece of shit scumbag". Do you think the devs who you DO respect would appreciate their friend/coworker being talked about like that? Do you think they all agree that he should be ostracized?

17 minutes ago, whirledtsar said:

I find it funny that people are saying "guys the devs are great people, it's just one guy that's a piece of shit scumbag". Do you think the devs who you DO respect would appreciate their friend/coworker being talked about like that? Do you think they all agree that he should be ostracized?

I can't imagine they're thrilled with the guy who's been using the company's official social media account to double down on things they don't agree with that are negatively affecting the perception of their hard work.

35 minutes ago, Armaetus said:

hivemind of villainy

Emphasis on "hivemind".

I got bored and read some topics there and that seems to be a pretty accurate description of what's going on.

32 minutes ago, seed said:

Emphasis on "hivemind".

Way too far to the left, not politically balanced. If you're not in line with their line of thinking, they will remove you. Generally for arbitrary reasons too.

In response to "all the devs aren't bad people":

Of course they're not. This is one or two people who seem to be at the top of the organization and thus have no accountability to anyone. But they are using the publicity and funding they gain to enable a community that is clearly founded on repugnant principles. Everything is political these days precisely because these people are going to flock to the game and use it as a symbol. If it is successful, they claim it as a victory for their "side". This is the nature of a "culture war". Remaining neutral and saying nothing all too easily becomes tacit approval.

I feel really bad for the decent people working there right now. Personally if I worked there and found out these things about the people who own/run the company, I would leave and burn the bridge behind me, but not everybody has that privilege obviously.

On 8/16/2019 at 9:14 AM, DooM_RO said:

Agreed.

There needed to be a couple more weapons and they needed to be spaced better. The alt-fires should have been upgrades too and should have been really hard to find. The pistol alt-fire is really powerful.

Shelly doesn't have a Rocket Launcher.  I'm surprised that Voidpoint committed such an error.

3 minutes ago, Master O said:

Shelly doesn't have a Rocket Launcher.  I'm surprised that Voidpoint committed such an error.

She does in Bombshell. It's known as the PMS.

I tried reading some of this, but it's like wow. Are we talking about the game or everything around the game?

The game looks great, even if it might lose some of its charm being overly detailed. I look forward to playing it.

Now I will insert a joke that perhaps they can have a playable Duke Nukem DLC.

13 minutes ago, geo said:

The game looks great, even if it might lose some of its charm being overly detailed.

It might just be me getting old, but while I think the levels look great, the amount of detail is too busy and a lot of the readability gets lost on me. I'm finding myself getting lost probably more than I should be as a result.

6 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

I can tell you why, at least in cases like these. It's because most of the people from boards like ResetERA or Pedogaf are worthless individuals who amount to nothing and they are jealous of the success of developers like TerminX so they do the most petty thing possible and try to get people fired because that's all these miserable little shits are capable of. The only thing they have going in their life is that rush they get when they do something "good". If they truly cared about being good they would start with their communities and oust the pedos and other weirdos.

Honestly speaking, I don't think you should go around insulting people from a completely different forum boards like that. All it accomplishes is potential cross-forum drama and grievances, it will not solve anything. They have said their take, you have said yours (before you resorted to using insults), there is absolutely no need to be so offensive towards people you pretty much know nothing about.

Hopefully there will be less insults like this and more talk about the actual game. I have no problem with the actual controversy existing as of course people's words should be expected to be scrutinized, no matter *where* they've uttered said words. But, such tit-for-tat insults from people completely uninvolved with the controversy are just... we should be joyous about the release of many oldschool FPS projects lately (from mods, to TCs, to full blown commercial games), what could be an opportunity for building more stuff just ends up being an opportunity to sow even more division in the community if we just start insulting like that.

Just my two cents, and sorry if I went off topic.

Who cares about the drama i just wanna play a game ffs oh why do i have all these missiles coming towards my house right now

19 minutes ago, dew said:

edit: NOT transphone DAMMIT

But that's a potential marketing goldmine!

Ok. To begin with. Trans rights. 

Second. The game is not all it's cracked up to be. Remember when everything in the doom community was about detail. Well, as disappointed I am to admit this (considering how much I was looking forward to this game go play Amid Evil instead even though I don't much care for the weapons) this game is unfortunately a retread to that time of janky game play because of a misguided focus on visual flare. 

1 minute ago, GrotesqueCacoDemon said:

Yes burn down a company because they have different views than you on trans people! This is a well written statement!

What view is valid? What do YOU want to happen to trans people? Why don't you come out and just say it, coward.

10 minutes ago, GrotesqueCacoDemon said:

Yes burn down a company because they have different views than you on trans people! This is a well written statement!

sock-puppet.jpg