Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zillah

GZDoom Builder Screenshot Error

Hello there.

When using GZDoom Builder (bugfix R3074) and attempting to take a screenshot in 3D mode, it gives this error:
image.png.4792495188c277ecd75da1148394f7c4.png

How do I fix this?

1 hour ago, Zillo “Ziyo” said:

That surprisingly worked. Thanks.

It's really just a workaround. The user you're running it on probably doesn't have permissions to write to the folder (but the administrator has). So set the screenshot folder to something your normal user has permission to. You can change it under Tools -> Preferences -> in the bottom right corner (hint "Program Files" and the like is not a good folder, since normal users don't have permission to write to that).

On 8/16/2019 at 5:17 PM, boris said:

It's really just a workaround. The user you're running it on probably doesn't have permissions to write to the folder (but the administrator has). So set the screenshot folder to something your normal user has permission to. You can change it under Tools -> Preferences -> in the bottom right corner (hint "Program Files" and the like is not a good folder, since normal users don't have permission to write to that).

Thanks I'm aware.
For some reason all Program files had full write & read access to both Users and Admins, but only the GZBuilder Folder was exclusively Admin. I edited the (security) properties of the GZBuilder folder to include read & write for all Users and now I can take screenshots whilst running it normally. (AKA I don't have to run it as admin to take screenshots now).