Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foxhead

Darkwater Mod/TC/Idk

NewCanvas3.png.fe66e528c4f6fd5e82c5424fcbd999d0.png

The Darkwater Mod/TC/Idk its a project that i wanted to make a long time ago, but since my PC is not so cooperative i had difficult find a place to start, but i find Doom II and i think Gzdoom is a good place to start.

so... this topic is a list of Features and Ideias for this Project that will may be or not be on the final product, mostly because will be rejected or not worth going trough it.

I don't know if is better put this here in DoomWorld or in the Zdoom Forum. Maybe put in Zdoom Forum.

Inspirations:

- Silent Hill.

- Metro Exodus.

- Doom 3.

- Blade Runner.

- Lost in VivO.
- The Doom II mod/addon Hideous Destructor.

- Hexen/Herectic.

- Half-life 1 and 2.
- Darkwood

(maybe add more later if i remember)

Some Features:

- Footstep sounds.

- Different Monsters.

- Ambient Sounds.

- More Tactical style.

- The Character name is Samuel

- the ambient of the game will take place in a fictional city in Germany.

Personal Notes:

Finish Weapons Sprites and Decorates

Make some codding shit besides weapons

- Levels (A giant City with you can enter in some buildings)

- Make the new monsters

Weapons and Use-Items:

Axe

- Police Pistol

- Revolver

- Colt pistol

- Trench-Gun

- Model 1887 Shotgun

- Model 1887 small barrel Shotgun

- Side-by-side Shotgun

- Rifle

- Mp40

- Mp44

- Machine-gun

- Heavy Machine-gun

- Grenade Launcher

- Grenades

- Claymore mine

- Flamethrower

- Flares

- Sentry-gun (To be Deployed)

More guns and Items may be added soon.

Gameplay Mechanics:

- Some monster don't die in first fatal kill, like in Brutal Doom.

- All weapons reload.

- Winter Storms happen sometimes in outside places (maybe will be rejected).

- Buildings with light sources will run out of energy randomly.

- Staying too much time in the dark will make a monster (custom monster: Dark place Being) come and kill will (they kill you in one Hit) use the flashlight to stay alive.

Crates need to be open.

- You no longer can automatically grab items from the ground, you will need to press E to pick it up (maybe be rejected or Can be disable in options).

- Players can Confuse the Monsters or Stun them with flashlight (turn it on and off really fast or turn on in very dark places).

- Players can pick up rocks or empty magazines of ammo to call Monsters attention (or trow them at their heads to make some damage, this will also confuse them).

- Players can make a Fireplace to regenerate Health.

Edited by Thfpjct : More Weapons and Items added to list.

There's nothing wrong with pixel art! Could use some clean up (some jaggy pixels) but other than that this project sounds nice. You don't have Germany as a setting so often (apart from Blade of Agony, I guess?!) and I generally love mods / games with a Silent Hill vibe.

Keep us posted!

40 minutes ago, elend said:

There's nothing wrong with pixel art! Could use some clean up (some jaggy pixels) but other than that this project sounds nice. You don't have Germany as a setting so often (apart from Blade of Agony, I guess?!) and I generally love mods / games with a Silent Hill vibe.

Keep us posted!

Thanks! I being kinda down about making all this, because it is obviously: hard as heck. but i want to tell a history in some way, and since i am not good at writing a book or drawning a comic, a game sounds more interesting and fun to me.

I must admit this looks pretty cool, I will keep up an eye out for every update you post in here.

If you need help or something with things such as story stuff, weapon or monster lores, etc, I could give out a hand as I like doing story-related stuff, but that's up to you.

Also I really love Pixel Art, so your Mod will be awesome with such art-style, like Elend said check out for those jaggy pixels there, or well, those checkered-pixels, if you can keep an eye for that and maybe remove it or clean it up a bit it will look way better than it already looks :p

7 minutes ago, Archanhell said:

I must admit this looks pretty cool, I will keep up an eye out for every update you post in here.

If you need help or something with things such as story stuff, weapon or monster lores, etc, I could give out a hand as I like doing story-related stuff, but that's up to you.

Also I really love Pixel Art, so your Mod will be awesome with such art-style, like Elend said check out for those jaggy pixels there, or well, those checkered-pixels, if you can keep an eye for that and maybe remove it or clean it up a bit it will look way better than it already looks :p

Thanks alot! i have some doubts about the history and stuff, once a cleared a bit i maybe call your help. thx again.

2 minutes ago, Thfpjct said:

Thanks alot! i have some doubts about the history and stuff, once a cleared a bit i maybe call your help. thx again.

No problem :D

This art style looks KICK-ASS! Im interested how Silent Hill and blade runner is going to be mixed into this but I am fully interested how this will come out. 

44 minutes ago, DoomedFox said:

This art style looks KICK-ASS! Im interested how Silent Hill and blade runner is going to be mixed into this but I am fully interested how this will come out. 

Thanks! i will not mix SH and BR, its more about the atmosphere and concepts of them that i am inspiring, not mixing.

Update on what i am doing:

Hey, long time no see. Anyway, Unfortunate im currently making a pause on the project, because i am not felling good or either in the mood to do this things right now, i don't know when im going to continue/come back, at least i gonna trying to leave my mind a get bit more clear and calm for everything. thanks for the support, see ya!

little updates:

More things have been added to the INSPIRATIONS list.

I am back at making the mod, pause break is over.

Question:

What do you think about "Parkour Movement" in a game like Darkwater?
Ex:

- Running on walls.

- Climb Edges.

- Hookshot

etc...

Pretty good so far overall, though maybe you could add uh.. something related to water on the logo? Like small waves below "dark"

Update:

Logo has been changed.

Final Stage of the Character Designs.

image.png.9d96f9b1d9f68f796a77f686cd5904a4.png image.png.aad374ae2995176bea372b41efd1d77d.png(screenshots of the original image, because it's too large.)

Samuel                 and                     Alexander

Update:
I Think i gonna give up making the weapons sprites, because nothing is looking good to me, it doesn't feel like the right style for the game.

I going to try to make only if i don't find it sprites online.

p1.png.1c236ec971dab53064b281887ead2081.pngpistolstart.png.4cb2a0476e398f6843c0f23d941a8a93.pngpistol740.png.90f6bfee53c29ccdee5df964a24b33e7.pngpistol744.png.cdaa3d2e7753f38cb77fb90e27c5af8e.png

This one is older

Important Update:

The "you have" list has been changed to "Weapons and Use-Items".

Weapons will no longer have iron-sights, but they still have Reload (some of them).

More weapons and Items have been added, and substituted.

image.png.c27c78f750a3df2003e31fd970c9ff1d.png

Screenshot of the list in my desktop.