Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dokta Whawee

Classic MAP16 texture restored!

I am not sure if someone has done this, but I am uploading this anyway.

Have you ever looked at the box screenshots for the original Doom 2? You might have noticed that the screenshot for MAP16, Suburbs had an odd texture. It looked very similar to the odd Gargoyle-Wall texture from E2M4. For years, this texture has sat and rotted away, not being used in the final game...

That is, until now! I have restored the textures to their former glory! I have made a mod for MAP16 which adds these textures in. MAP16 is the only one effected, so it is only a MAP16 mod.

Feel free to copy and use these textures in whatever you wish! I mean, I just restored them, I don't know if you can call me the "Creator". But, anyway, I hope you enjoy this completely useless texture mod!

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1h_NHeQ0xwPtzCsG8n16ncvdUuFcBZ_bP

P.S. I have made Gargoyle texture for both BIGBRIK, BIGBRIK2 and BIGBRIK3. Only one is used in this map, and are renamed to BIGBRIK4, 5 and 6 respectively.

That is because the screenshot was taken during development of the game and that gargoyle texture was basically a placeholder. 

Also yeah the Archvile sprite is a little bit rough, again as it was still during development and they didn't finish polishing it.

7 hours ago, Uni said:

That is because the screenshot was taken during development of the game and that gargoyle texture was basically a placeholder. 

Also yeah the Archvile sprite is a little bit rough, again as it was still during development and they didn't finish polishing it.

Yeah, I just decided to do this for the hell of it. The texture was nothing more than a placeholder, so I suppose it isn't exactly useful outside of being a curiosity.