Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pro_zealot

Pinkie case regarding other demons from the game.

I want to start from saying that pinky is one of my favorite monster in classic DOOM's game but now it's most dislike monster in the new game.
Pinky need redisign. Pinky should also be come back to original concept of himself. No armor in the front, charging but bigger moving faster instead.
In addition his appereance look weird there is somethink off about him. He looks more stupid than frightening IMO. He is like a baby in the word of madness he do not fit to the overall concept of war in hell. 

I want to know your feedback on Pinkie guys.

I like the new pinky for its mechanical purposes. The classic pinky is great as a horde monster and the new pinky does its equivalent by forcing the Slayer to constantly move and dodge.

I feel really cool double jumping over a charging pinky and spinning 180° shooting its behind.

It does look strange and more of a Saturday morning cartoon monster. A more scary design would be neat.

14 minutes ago, pro_zealot said:

I want to start from saying that pinky is one of my favorite monster in classic DOOM's game but now it's most dislike monster in the new game.
Pinky need redisign. Pinky should also be come back to original concept of himself. No armor in the front, charging but bigger moving faster instead.
In addition his appereance look weird there is somethink off about him. He looks more stupid than frightening IMO. He is like a baby in the word of madness he do not fit to the overall concept of war in hell. 

I want to know your feedback on Pinkie guys.

I really like the new Pinky gameplay mechanics but as much as they tried to make it look classic-looking, I do have to agree that it looks a bit off. It's too chunky. It's probably the worst classic monster reimagining. 

I think the Doom 64 Pinky is the coolest one.

I like the original Pinky demon and its design if only for the fact that shooting it with the Super Shotgun point blank in the face combined with that snort and hearing it hit the deck is arguably one of the most satisfying kill combinations in DOOM history.

Gotta agree with @Chezza though that the mechanic of having to be constantly on the move with it and shooting up the ass can add to the drama of things massively in tense situations. The original pinky needed something extra to its limited arsenal of attack and I reckon they got it good in DOOM '16. If they can make it look even more nasty looking , then I say go for it. 

Pinky has a funny look, yeah but I like it nontheless. I found it quite true to the original design actually. DOOM 2016 codex describes them being eaten by other demons as a delicasy, that's why the armor I think so they have a bit of protection against its comrades trying to eat them. :D 

Considering how some enemies changed in terms of design even if it's not just 90's throwback stuff (like the revenant with skulls and spikes and the fire baron), i wonder what could the Pinky be like, because i think he's more interesting with yellow eyes than red ones, for the color variety.

For a shell-less Pinky to work, tie it into the destructible demons feature where you can destroy their shield and they're just closer to the original versions.

While the pinkies did lose a specific role (which could lead into situations of being surrounded by multiple pinkies and dodging their slow bite animation) i still think the greater loss is either a Revenant without a true homing rocket or a Mancubus not shooting two projectiles at the same time with patterns. (there's adding new attacks, then there's taking away the old ones)

I love the new Pinkies. They're actually challenging and slightly scary to come up agaist. Original Pinkies don't feel like a threat at all unless in large groups. A single new Pinky can give you absolute hell.

I do miss the swarm of pinkies in classic. For Doom Eternal, maybe they could bring back the Doom 3 pinky to fit that roll?  I think its design would fit nicely with all the other cyber creatures we have seen so far.

Also want to mention that the spectre was my least favorite demon.  Killing a fuzzy blob is boring.  We haven't seen a spectre yet in DE and I hope they just combine the Pinky and Spectre together like they did for MP.

I thought a way to make Spectre more interesting is to capture the idea of him being a "specter" of a Pinky, like being able to go through the player or something like that.

Maybe even make it where Spectres can come out from dead pinkies.

It'll mean retconning the background of him being a UAC creation but eh.

The Pinky is my favorite design in Doom 2016. I love how he looks like a beast (compared to the original humanoid shape). It fits his role very well. The tail was also a nice touch.

Here's a sprite I made, inspired by him:
SARGE.PNG.137fb6d414aab2b5177350a63b7b8711.PNG

Spoiler

An old version of this was used on D4T, using the "Phobos867" alias. This one is a lot better though.

Edited by Noiser