Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Old Nerd

Old Nerd Playing Doom On PC

15 hours ago, vanilla_d00m said:

32.  Hope to play doomn for trillions and trillions and TRILLIONS of more years!

How did you get real-life god mode?

14 hours ago, aSeriesOfNumbers said:

18 years old, and will continue Dooming till I'm dead.

Hey man, don't stop then!!

23 here. I started playing it when I was 5 y/o. 

What a beautiful game that bring together people from different generations and countries. 

1 minute ago, Martin-CAI said:

What a beautiful game that bring together people from different generations. 

Would be the same when talking about Girls or Beer ...:-)

6 hours ago, Martin-CAI said:

What a beautiful game that bring together people from different generations and countries. 

i started when i was 4 xD

and yeah, a beatiful game that bring together people from different generations and countries. 

On 8/20/2019 at 5:53 PM, Old Nerd said:

:D Wow guys. Glad to see here are more old gamers :) Please don't take it personally, but for gaming it is stg like retirement. When i was 30, i started feeling that my speed, coordination and reflexes gone rapidly down, especially in FPS genres (as you can actually see on my videos :D )

glad to find out it isn't just me going through that kinda stuff, lol

welcome onboard fella!

I'm 19, played for about a year and a half now. Unfortunately I have not met anyone in my life that shares my "niche" interest (niche for the modern gaming scene).

4 hours ago, Kappes Buur said:

You are all young whippersnappers.

4 more years and I will be double 40, if I make it that long.

And I blame my fondness for Doom on my son when he brought home the shareware version back then.

YES!!!! My life in these forums is complete... :)

34 minutes ago, maxmanium said:

I'm 19, played for about a year and a half now. Unfortunately I have not met anyone in my life that shares my "niche" interest (niche for the modern gaming scene).

Hold my beer.

I'm yet to meet anyone who shares most of my interests in real life, especially the niche ones :p .

5 hours ago, Kappes Buur said:

And I blame my fondness for Doom on my son when he brought home the shareware version back then.

You are awesome!!!

I have complex about my age since I turned 18 (some thousand years ago). I remember how morose I was. Well, I'm still fucking morose and hate to inform people how old I am. Usually they add 5 fucking years to my age.

UPD: let's say I'm 30-something.

Edited by incel

ok, i think i should throw my number here: 40, and still counting. at least now i can quit discussions with "oh, we'll talk again when you'll be at least of my age!" always works.

1 hour ago, ketmar said:

at least now i can quit discussions with "oh, we'll talk again when you'll be at least of my age!" always works.

Good change-up imo from 'somethingsomething k8vavoom!' 

oh, sorry, it is all my age manifests itself! i totally forgot to say it: do you know that k8vavoom is the best doom sourceport out there?

I'm almost 46 and still playin' Doom like it was still 1993. What a great game with a great community. Thanks to mods / Oblige / mapping / streaming / new wads / community projects.....DOOM WILL NEVER DIE! I could totally spend the rest of my life playing Oblige maps with Brutal Doom. 

Even it's designer (John Romero) is still making levels for this game (Sigil). He's no spring chicken....he's 51.

On 8/21/2019 at 2:16 AM, TheWolfman00001 said:

18 year old here. Man, I am pretty young compared to most of you guys huh?

ahh mann! and I'm almost 20! I hate getting old

20 hours ago, maxmanium said:

I'm feeling you! everyone here just playing fortnite on ps4 if playing videogames at all.

37 years old and will continue playing until my health reaches 0%. Although when I made twzone all those years ago I was 15 and 16, more like the average age but now I've passed that average. Maybe one day there will be a new Corf mapping away, who knows?.

Wow! I wonder if we have anyone older than 54 in here. Doom forever, dudes.

36 minutes ago, ant said:

Wow! I wonder if we have anyone older than 54 in here. Doom forever, dudes.

You didn't read the thread I assume.

On 8/23/2019 at 3:31 PM, Kappes Buur said:

40 year old Doomer as well, played as a teen, got really into it and then lost interest for a number of years.  After Doom (2016) I got the bug again and found my old IWADS.

I'm so thankful for everyone here continually stoking the fire of Doom!  I've come back to a wealth of impressive content, and an amazingly diverse community.  I'm now saving to upgrade my 10 year old laptop, currently play mostly on my phone.

On 8/22/2019 at 3:59 AM, DeathWalkerGT said:

PS: I would love to see somebody pop up and say "BOY!!! Iam 65 or so..... Just like the meme Doom is Eternal.......

Someone named GrayGhost is in his 60s, tho we've not heard from him in quite some time and it concerns us.. (Last visit: October 24th, 2016)

Wow men, i checked my analytics and i need to thank you all for watching, thx for likes and subs! I am glad to see there is an interest across my retro channel :) 

Now, i am planning to start a Baldur's Gate series. I think there are lot of people here liked old rpgs :)