Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kizoky

Share the Doom (Postal 2 TC) (wip)

XsT1SH9l.png

As the title suggests this total conversion brings you Postal 2-everything into Doom
It's a heavy work in progress, but even now you can fool someone into thinking this isn't Doom at all!

Includes weapons, models, sounds, textures, almost everything from Postal 2
The goal of this TC is to try to make every weapon, the player, and the NPCs (Bystanders) behave like from Postal 2
For videos check out this playlist: YouTube Playlist or My channel (since I post videos about the mod almost everyday)

Screenshots:

3734196Screenshot_Doom_2020.png
Screenshot_Doom_20200208_154849.png
Screenshot_Doom_20200610_214111.png
Screenshot_Doom_20200610_214406.png
Screenshot_Doom_20200610_214620.png
Screenshot_Doom_20200610_214649.png

Gifs:

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

This mod will require GZDoom, unfortunately I don't know when will Zandronum support ZScript, but when it does I will ensure it will be multiplayer friendly

Download link: https://github.com/Kizoky/share-the-doom/archive/master.zip

Edited by Kizoky : Added more screenshots

On 8/21/2019 at 7:54 AM, SO19 said:

Looks great - keep it up

thanks! Hope you'll like it when it comes out

20 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

Soo... did you get permission from Running With Scissors to do this, seeing as Postal 2 is still an actively sold game?

I have sent ton of screenshots in their Discord server where RWS staff is in there
Never got a word from them that I should stop my mod

3 minutes ago, Kizoky said:

I have sent ton of screenshots in their Discord server where RWS staff is in there
Never got a word from them that I should stop my mod

Well, just be aware they can shut you down at any time if they so choose. After all, UDoom tried to bring Doom into UT99's engine, and that quickly got C&D'd by id, and this was years before Steam or digital distribution or Bethesda was a factor in it. (I managed to snag a copy of the files a few days before the C&D, in fact.)

Personally, I think it'll happen sooner or later. After all, they make no money from this mod, and if it's close enough to the original game, people will skip buying their game to play the mod instead.

5 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

Well, just be aware they can shut you down at any time if they so choose. After all, UDoom tried to bring Doom into UT99's engine, and that quickly got C&D'd by id, and this was years before Steam or digital distribution or Bethesda was a factor in it. (I managed to snag a copy of the files a few days before the C&D, in fact.)

Personally, I think it'll happen sooner or later. After all, they make no money from this mod, and if it's close enough to the original game, people will skip buying their game to play the mod instead.

Yes, I'm aware of it
Just in case I asked Mike J (co-owner of RWS) just now if it's fine for me to continue this mod, I'll post his answer here

7 minutes ago, Kizoky said:

Yes, I'm aware of it
Just in case I asked Mike J (co-owner of RWS) just now if it's fine for me to continue this mod, I'll post his answer here

That'd be the safe thing to do. I hope he got over his little undead cow disease and is doing well.

Then all is good in the 'hood and there should be no problems with legality. As long as he's aware that this is a Postal 2 mod for the GZDoom engine, and not a mod for Postal 2 proper, anyway.

1 minute ago, Dark Pulse said:

Then all is good in the 'hood and there should be no problems with legality. As long as he's aware that this is a Postal 2 mod for the GZDoom engine, and not a mod for Postal 2 proper, anyway.

I did mention that this is a mod for GZDoom, he's okay with it

8 minutes ago, Kizoky said:

I did mention that this is a mod for GZDoom, he's okay with it

Then you're all set. Obviously they can revoke that right at any time, but if that's good enough for the co-owner, that's good enough for me.

Now where's my cat silencers?

18 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

Now where's my cat silencers?

Not yet implemented, but have a Cow Mike instead! (and krotchies)
Screenshot_Doom_20190527_125727.png

45 minutes ago, Kizoky said:

Not yet implemented, but have a Cow Mike instead! (and krotchies)
Screenshot_Doom_20190527_125727.png

Needs more Dervish Cats and Gary Coleman.

"They can shut you down if they so choose" Nah dude it aint that simple. THey have to take you to court and get an injunction. I'd say keep doing your thing man. If nothing else you can share it with friends.

Wow thats really cool of them to respond. I swear when I saw this at first I thought some kid just posted pictures of postal claiming it was a mod. Great work man very impressive.

On 9/27/2019 at 9:03 AM, diosoth said:

On the plus side, this version won't crash frequently like the real Postal 2 is prone to doing.

Absolutely! But unfortunately it will lag less or even more than Postal 2

This is impressive. Keep it up man. Did you figured something out about the models ? Or they are still tedious 100 MB models (oh well GZDooM LOL)

On 3/29/2020 at 9:26 PM, skaarjman said:

This is impressive. Keep it up man. Did you figured something out about the models ? Or they are still tedious 100 MB models (oh well GZDooM LOL)

Thank you :)
They will be large no matter what I will do, you can thank that for Postal 2's motion captured animations (an NPC model consists of 30k+ frames)

Woah, this mod looks really impressive! I love Postal 2, I'm intrigued to see where this mod goes. 

9 hours ago, InDOOMnesia said:

So, this is the latest news of the mod (published April 12).

https://www.moddb.com/mods/postal-share-the-doom/news/help-needed61

I don't think I can help, but I do think it'd be appreciated to be published here too.

Don't worry about that, I have long accepted the fact that not everyone is fond of the Postal series within the Doom community, not to mention capable of using ZScript.