Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kizoky

Share the Doom (Postal 2 TC) (wip)

Hi everyone, we released a new update log here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/postal-share-the-doom/news/postal-share-the-doom-update-log-4

As always the mod is being updated here more regularly than on moddb, where on moddb we only release monthly updates if we are aware it's stable enough and won't cause any unforeseen consequences :)

The biggest change that made NPCs different is when they are wandering they will no longer hug the walls, though sometimes they get stuck and spin like crazy, and they will no longer target the Player automatically! (made me have headache for years relying on hacks)

great work dude. its crazy how similar gzdoom can look to unreal 2 lol

I think it's been a while since I have talked in here

It's awesome seeing you guys enjoying the mod despite the fact it's still not finished, regarding that this will probably be bad news
The images we have been posting for the past year, the maps, unfortunately they will not be in the mod due to technical issues
I haven't confirmed yet if it's due to my bad code or due to the converted models, but I think it's a mix of both.

The open world idea has been scrapped for good, and instead Share The DooM will be a linear, Eternal Damnation-style mod
Before I proceed to do this I wish to atleast try to replicate Postal 2's AI (this also includes Cop AI, and finish the rest of the weapons aswell) so modders can possibly use STD as a foundation for creating more Postal content in GZDoom

34 minutes ago, Kizoky said:

Before I proceed to do this I wish to atleast try to replicate Postal 2's AI (this also includes Cop AI, and finish the rest of the weapons aswell) so modders can possibly use STD as a foundation for creating more Postal content in GZDoom

If such would ever be. Unfortunately, there are lots of projects that were intended to be used by newcomers or other people with fresh ideas in mind, but instead they stay in obscure parts of Doom/Moddb archives (+ still alive dropbox links) where only most attentive can find positive feedbacks on authors' works re-usage in readme text files that come with WADs.

Sorry for the lack of updates, after long consideration I have decided to just turn this mod into a gameplay mod only, while still being Multiplayer compatible
I will finish up the rest of the weapons, fix remaining bugs, etc.. But unfortunately the Human NPCs had to go. I will look for ways to add in animals though, possibly even vendors so the money in your inventory isn't just for decoration. Stay tuned!

Screenshot_Doom_20210823_172221.png