Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaikoten

32in24 - Best of DM Pack

YEDS is on a mission, to assemble the greatest FFA map pack in the world. The corpses will pile high. The gun barrels will always be hot and smoking. The servers will be full day and night. We will assemble the best 32 FFA maps from the history of 32in24 into one WAD.

But we need your help!

I've personally gone through each map that qualifies with bots and made a list of the maps that stand out to me, but I want player recommendations too from people who have played them with actual people more recently. The WADs that qualify are:

32in24

32in24-3

32in24-5

32in24-6

32in24-8

32in24-9

32in24-10

32in24-11

32in24-13

32in24-15

My notes from SP testing are in this pastebin. Please post any feedback or recommendations below. We also have plenty of people willing to hop in a server to help test at any time in the YEDS Discord.

Edited by Shaikoten

The second instance of 32in24-6 there should be -8 in case anyone is confused.

Edited by Marcaek

14 hours ago, Shaikoten said:

YEDS is on a mission, to assemble the greatest FFA map pack in the world.

Best to make a brand new pack then, because there is a very good reason nobody plays these packs/maps outside of singular events.

14 minutes ago, Decay said:

Best to make a brand new pack then, because there is a very good reason nobody plays these packs/maps outside of singular events.

31eN8Ro0TML.jpg

What I was never able to teach Decay is that shit DM maps are best DM maps, dwango6 is literally the peak of Doom deathmatch I am 100% serious (sry YEDS but its true)

Anyway, I love Map25 from 32in24-13, "Eat your Tekgreens". That is easily my favorite 32in24 wad overall and that map stood out in my memory for some reason.

Yeah -13 was pretty great overall, I think I want MAP01 "LET THE BURGERS HIT THE FLOOR!" to be map01 of this compilation, it's that good. There are some maps that play better, but I do believe it epitomizes the 32in24 spirit with its design and humor and it's still mad fun. I love plasma spamming those curvy stairwells with freelook on too.

Did you guys give up on this or did Decay kill it with 1 sentence just like he did to the Zandronum community?!?!

We're probably gonna run a few 32in24 FFAs soon, no committed time yet but after august at least.

Yeah we're fine, just taking our time. Might host up some gameplay sessions of the old packs this weekend and get some folks in to get some feedback.