Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Inf3cted

I wonder if there is a top 50 single wad list

This link just hit the sweet spot...back in '94 there were no mega wads on AOL/Compuserve, just single maps and loads of them. Thanks Ace

Yeah, the only custom stuff I ever remember having back in the day was the Maximum Doom set (which I think had like +3,000 maps in it), which came in the Master Levels box. I just remember most of the levels being really low quality, or just flat out broken. It cemented an opinion in my mind for a long long time that "Okay, custom content for Doom is absolute rubbish, stay away from it." Discovering Doomworld, source ports, and the unbelievable catalog of custom WADS all these years later has been pretty mind-blowing.

7 hours ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Yeah, the only custom stuff I ever remember having back in the day was the Maximum Doom set (which I think had like +3,000 maps in it), which came in the Master Levels box. I just remember most of the levels being really low quality, or just flat out broken. It cemented an opinion in my mind for a long long time that "Okay, custom content for Doom is absolute rubbish, stay away from it." Discovering Doomworld, source ports, and the unbelievable catalog of custom WADS all these years later has been pretty mind-blowing.

Indeed...I'm gonna play some random wads off this cd call Hell on Earth,super rare.These obscure wads are so bad they seem entertaining lol