Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elbryan42

Doom 2 in my pocket...

Just got Doom 2 for the GBA, and I must say... WOW! Everything's there, all of the textures are where they should be (no reusing), all enemies, all weapons, all levels, awesome control, and the music even sounds great. Torus Games are gods!

JEEZ, BUY THE FUCKING GAME! If you can't afford $40 there's something wrong. Seriously, all Doomers with a GBA should pick this one up.

Ravage said:

/me smacks piclehammer

Sometimes, self quotes are a good thing.

picklehammer: Profuse apologies if I have misunderstood something, but was that a WaReZ link you posted?

picklehammer said:

I AM A FUCKING RETARD IDIOT

no warez here anymore, but they missed one in the other thread.

Ooh.. I have two questions about this game?

1. Does it have multiplayer stuff like DM and Coop?

2. All the stuff including MAP31 and MAP32? And the SSWolfie???

kthxbye. ...hehe I like saying that. :p

P.S: To commemorate this act of retardidism, i've made a neato ascii pic of the current situation:

_
    <(X)>
\\\\\|||//////   <-------Big Bad Mod God
|            |           _
|  \_    _/  |        __( \  <-- Picklehammer
|  <_O) <_O) |       /   \:\
|    (__)    |       |   /O/
|     __     |        \ (_/|
|    (__)    |        /    /
 \__________/        /    /
 __/      \_________/    /
/

if i knew where my GBA was i would have doom2 right now. i think my brother lost or pawned my GBA, i better take it out of him. anyone want to beat a sac that looks like my brother in a bag, you get to pick from the fallowing toys. ball bat, cattel prod, chainsaw, slege hammer, log2, huge ass bone, or a sac of door knobs.

Go bbg! Eat pickle! Not only is he dumb for posting links to Metroid Fusion and Doom 2 roms, but he has the audacity to replace the nfo file in the Doom2 one with his contact info.

<emu god>Besides, I found those roms in the first place. I got that Metroid Fusion rom the FIRST DAY it was out, two degrees away from the original dumper. ph33r.</emu god>

one question. green blood?? green blood textures and dead guys, removale of the dead body room in map27?

ok maybe a few questions

ravage said:

What's audacity?

**Yoinked from dictionary**

au·dac·i·ty
n. pl. au·dac·i·ties

1. Fearless daring; intrepidity.

2. Bold or insolent heedlessness of restraints, as of those imposed by prudence, propriety, or convention.

3. An act or instance of intrepidity or insolent heedlessness: warned the students than any audacities committed during the graduation ceremony would be punished.

4. \Au*dac"i*ty\, n. 1. Daring spirit, resolution, or confidence; venturesomeness.

5. Reckless daring; presumptuous impudence; -- implying a contempt of law or moral restraints.

Go bbg! Eat pickle! Not only is he dumb for posting links to Metroid Fusion and Doom 2 roms, but he has the audacity to replace the nfo file in the Doom2 one with his contact info.

So aka...

Go bbg! Eat pickle! Not only is he dumb for posting links to Metroid Fusion and Doom 2 roms, but he has the Nerve to replace the nfo file in the Doom2 one with his contact info.

...or...

Go bbg! Eat pickle! Not only is he dumb for posting links to Metroid Fusion and Doom 2 roms, but he has the Guts to replace the nfo file in the Doom2 one with his contact info.

...or even...

Go bbg! Eat pickle! Not only is he dumb for posting links to Metroid Fusion and Doom 2 roms, but he has the Balls to replace the nfo file in the Doom2 one with his contact info.

..need I say more?...

Not far enough to answer all of the questions. :P But since I'm recording the music, and thus taking a break, I'll answer what I can.

I heard from others that the Wolfenstein levels are in there, but I haven't gotten to them yet. There IS green blood, but if you didn't mind it in GBA Doom it's ok. The bodies flash and disappear after a few seconds. However, they're still there, because the Arch-Vile can resurrect them, they just reappear. No gibbing unfortunately. :( About the scenery, I'm not sure if that torture room in Monster Condo is there, since I haven't got that far yet.

However, everything else is in there, and in full glory. The music, graphics, everything. The music almost sounds as good as Doom 2 with an SBLive midi table.

ravage said:

What's audacity?

I know that this was already answered, but i just thought I'd say i know what it means because my dad says it all the time to me when he's pissed...and in perfect context! (You had the audacity to take the <INSERT MISSING OBJECT>...)

Since it's by Torus games, which is based in Australia, I assume it'll be out soon, if it isn't already.

elbryan42 said:

The music almost sounds as good as Doom 2 with an SBLive midi table.

Do I smell some rippage?

I'm ripping the the tracks as I play through the game. It'll be on the next update, which will be done when I finish the game and the tracks. :P

I already have the Title, Intermission, and Story screens, and Map01 to Map08. The only track missing so far is "Between Levels" from Map04, which uses "Into Sandy's City" instead (which is BEAUTIFULLY done).

elbryan42 said:

I'm ripping the the tracks as I play through the game. It'll be on the next update, which will be done when I finish the game and the tracks. :P

Why aren't you ripping the tracks from the first GBA Doom game instead? The Doom 1 music is SO much better than any of the Doom 2 music imo. Is it because the GBA Doom 1 music quality sucks?

Anyway, why should I get GBA Doom? I've got Doom on the PC with RED blood - don't need it on anything else.

Suppose you are on a bus, and a desire to play doom comes over you. Oh wait! here it is in you pocket. Problem solved.

Why aren't you ripping the tracks from the first GBA Doom game instead?

Um, because I already ripped them?

Oh, and if anyone wants to know, there are glitches in the game:

-Flying enemies, like Cacodemons, tend to get stuck in pits. Stuck as in once they go down the pit, they can't rise back out. This happened to me twice so far. At the end of The Waste Tunnels and the ones around the island in the Pit.

-Your armor barely goes down. However, you can pick up new armor. Something tells me the armor percentage on-screen doesn't update as much as it should.

-The game's locked up a few times on me.

-Sometimes, some sound effects, like your weapon don't get played. Pausing and unpausing fixes the problem. This also happens on PSX Doom in the Computer Center.

Also, playing thru the game, some other stuff I haven't mentioned:

-The hanging body parts seem to be missing.

-The revenant and Arch-Vile are still fast. The fast Cacodemons from GBA Doom 1 are gone, however. :(

-ALL enemy placements are the same as Doom 2 on the PC. So, yes, there's a Spider Mastermind in the Crusher. :P

-Some levels have added columns, walls, etc so that the enemies don't see you and slow down the game. There are walls in Dead Simple, so not all of the Arachnotrons come at you, and there is a column in the Crusher so the Imps shooting at you are less.

I'll mention more after work. Talk at you all later.

elbryan42 said:

I'm not sure if that torture room in Monster Condo is there, since I haven't got that far yet.

I LOVE THAT ROOM