Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DavitosanX

Memorable video game songs

Are there any video game songs that you find yourself humming randomly during your day? Not necessarily a great song, but one that's so catchy that's stayed with you for decades?

I made this compilation for Youtube some years ago, but I never got a discussion going. I'd love to hear your feedback, and hear about the songs that you just can't get out of your head. (I noticed I didn't have any Doom on this list, but if I had to add one, it would be the music from E1M4 or E1M9)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx54q7jiikc&t=10s

(Edited to add the list if you don't want to see the video)

10. Chrono Trigger - Yearnings of Wind

9. Kirby's Epic Yarn - Green Greens

8. Megaman 2 - Wily's Castle

7. Silent Hill - Opening Theme

6. Super Castlevania IV - Dance of the Holyman

5. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Hyrule Castle

4. Final Fantasy IV - Overworld Theme

3. SimCity 3000 - Sim Broadway

2. Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Call of Magic

1. Chrono Cross - Scars of Time

Edited by DavitosanX

26 minutes ago, DavitosanX said:

What kind of 16-bit dubstep precursor is this?!

All from the mind of Tommy Tallarico. The same man who composed the music for Color a Dinosaur. Those are his vocals as well. I attended one of his live shows once. It was a lot of fun.

Like...thousands. I listen to a lot of music and it all comes bubbling back to the surface eventually. I've heard literally dozens of great video soundtracks. That said, here's one of my favorite video game theme songs of all time...

I could probably fill this thread if I wanted to. Here's three (somewhat recent) examples.

The Elder Scrolls' soundtracks are fairly epic but the one that has stayed with me for so long is "Good End" from Streets of Rage 2. It's such a beautifully positive melody that conveys a sense of hope. Love both these covers of it, each does their own thing with the melody.

Probably the most memorable track I have found from any WWII game so far. I love how atmospheric it is.

Also I can't forget this one from Return to Castle Wolfenstein, it's so satisfying to hear this one once you have completed every objective and killed every enemy in a level.

Edited by Avoozl