Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DavitosanX

Memorable video game songs

This is impossible for me to do as i really like listening to video game music/soundtracks. One song i've had in my head lately though is this: (it's also pretty memorable to me as well as SNES was my first gaming console) Island Swing from Donkey Kong Country on SNES

I guess this is a Remix of the SMB 3 Underground theme which is technically a Remix of the SMB 1 Underground Theme haha! I didn't have a NES growing up though so i played this version of the Mario games instead (although my cousin had a NES that would hardly ever work so i did play SMB/Duck Hunt and Excitebike once in a great while).

Another great game imo. The N64 version is actually better (or so i've read) then the PS1 version. It's the only one i've played anyways so i can't really say if that's 100% true. Great OST imo.

On 8/24/2019 at 6:25 AM, DuckReconMajor said:

This was my ringtone for a long time

I decided to do the same since I got tired of the last ring tone I was using. I always loved this one from SML1.

THIS!!! I haven't played the Tomb Raider series since Tomb Raider II but this tune?....... I STILL hum it to this day. 

IMO, this is a short list of mine cuz I have a lot of them...also, I second some of the choices here like the 3D Castlevania games or Soul Reaver with that Ozar Midrashim track...amazing.

- Good old RE2 with the supposedly safest place of that city...

- The moment that started outside and inside of that game...

- Beautiful score from a beautiful field

- This freaking song rocks...

- Wanted to fight 1000 monsters? 

- No words needed...

- This. Had a hard one to choose in this version of the game...Mysterious Tower, Heavenly Flight, the credits song, Memories of an Ancient Ocean....but I chose this one. It's what it stuck me the most.

- I haven't played this game but I really like this song...

- Great theme from an underrated Street Fighter game...

- Can you believe that this is Ryu's theme???

- The most interesting version of Hell in a game...

Here's a few memorable songs from games I love to play:

𝓟𝓔𝓐𝑪𝓔 𝓐𝓝𝓓 𝓣𝓡𝓐𝓝𝓠𝓤𝓘𝓛𝓘𝓣𝓨 - A Hat In Time [Seal the Deal]

Spoiler

Also AHIT - Clocktowers Beneath The Sea

Spoiler

Ty the Tasmanian Tiger - Beyond the black stump

Spoiler

Minecraft - Dreiton

Spoiler

* WINNOWING HALL INTENSIFIES *

Spoiler

This is just 5 songs I love from videogames. <3

Chrono Trigger - Corridors of Time

Ori and the Blind Forest - The Sacrifice

Quake II - Descent Into Cerberon

Unreal - Bluff Eversmoking

Unreal - ISV-Kran

Xenogears - Bonds of Sea and Fire

Xenogears - The One Who Bares Fangs at God

To name a select few.

I was a huge fan of Breaking Benjamin's first two albums, and a huge Halo: Combat Evolved fan, so when Halo 2 dropped with "Blow Me Away", I was... well... blown away.

Super Castlevania IV is one of my favorite platform games especially for its atmosphere and for the amazing use of the "rise to the top" kind of progression.  I love how this disturbing music was used at the highest part of the castle where you meet Dracula above the clouds. It makes you feeling very lonely and you know that you are far from your home and you can't go back unless you fight your worst enemy.

code-cv4d.gif

Pretty much every music from the classic era (NFS 1-6) of the Need For Speed series and some of the ones from the Black Box era (Underground through Undercover).

This has got to be the most adrenaline-pumping pursuit music i've ever heard. It makes me want to go faster but i know i have to pay close attention to any oncoming SUVs.

By the way, does it only have to be original music, or does licensed songs count? if the latter counts, i'd include booting up Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) and listening to "Edge Of The Earth" by 30 Seconds to Mars.

Mainly these three for me:

• Doom E1M2
  • Eternal Doom 3 MAP26 by Rich Nagel
  • Uridium (a C64 game) by Andrew Braybrook