Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Rowdy Rudy II: POWERTRIP (Development Thread)

Awesome, loved the new enemies.

I'll try to figure out how the Flamethrower guy works haha

1 hour ago, Doomkid said:

If you can fix it, we'll set you up for life and leave you alone. Scout's honor.

LOL! These guys seem like the real deal. I love the story! How many maps are you hoping for by the end?

Anywhere between 10 and 20 maps would be fine!

Deadwing, the flamethrower guys shoot 5-6 flame projectiles which have a limited range, then they keep walking. They look just like they did in Doomed in Space, but they work a lot better now.

Holy smokes, that Rowdy Rudy guy is back!

Hmmm, If I open doombuilder, I might just be able to get out of my level making slump. :D

I'm hoping to have this done by January of next year, to those who asked. Glad to see so many talented people are interested. Looking forward to seeing your creations!

Looking forward for this as I really liked Rowdy Rudy's Revenge.

Though since the sequel as slightly different monsters and balance, I would like to propose a suggestion. In RR's Revenge, the rocket dude and the revenants fired homing missiles 100% of the time. This was a bit annoying to me. I like the vanilla revenant behavior more than that of RR's Revenge.

Ultimately, it is your decision whether u want to keep them or not.

Actually, that was a total accident the first time - I didn't intend to have them that way, it was a mistake in my DeHackEd patch. It's fixed in this one!

I've been wanting an interesting community project that I could participate in - and this certainly fits the bill! Been feeling extra creative on the mapping front this past week, and I want to take full advantage of that spike while I can. :)

I'm intrigued by this. I'll have to check out the demo maps to get a feeling for the theme, whether it's techbase levels and natural levels separate, or combined in some way.

Thanks for that link, Doom_Dude, I’ll put it in the OP. Pegleg, I’ve sorta left it open to interpretation, but I would like to see a combo of nature and tech preferably, but it’s certainly not mandatory.

Very niceu. Gonna see if I can get my gears working to get a map done for this.

This band, who I've never heard of, can sort you out a soundtrack...

Also this.

I've just discovered I don't know how to embed video, by the way. Anyway, this looks pretty cool - good luck!

This map may not be very E1 or Plutonia-ish. For now, just messing around with finally gettin back into designing levels.... so I have that going for me, which is nice. :D

FMznNbh.jpg

Man, I really could use a flat that goes with A-BRROK2. Also that A-DROCK1 texture... using un-matching flats for those rock textures makes me a bit nuts. Mainly because nothing is all that close to being similar. haha

Edited by Doom_Dude

5 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

This map may not be very E1 or Plutonia-ish. For now, just messing around with finally gettin back into designing levels.... so I have that going for me, which is nice. :D

Man, I really could use a flat that goes with A-BRROK2. Also that A-DROCK1 texture... using un-matching flats for those rock textures makes me a bit nuts. Mainly because nothing is all that close to being similar. haha

Ahhh I hear you - I’ll find something that matches those textures. I like that screenshot, it doesn’t have to be ultra strict about following the theme so that’s no problem.

Ok thanks Doomkid. If you can't find something, I can always make a few flats if ye want. I was just thinking, maybe Nightmare already has something that'll work. Maybe take a peep at his stuff on Afterglow (Useful flats, etc...). ;)

Anyhow I got a decent outside / nature area I'm adding onto this map.

Right on man!

It's been a while since I've done any sort of level design, since mega5? I think.. I'll give it my best shot. ;)

Is the current beta pretty much going to be our main resource wad? ~ besides some regular random updates to it? 

I've always had a lot of trouble completing maps and getting them out the door, but something about this project is really sparking my creative juices. I'm going to take a stab at making something.

2 hours ago, Mr.Rocket said:

Is the current beta pretty much going to be our main resource wad? ~ besides some regular random updates to it? 

Yep! A few more things may be added, but nothing will be taken away, so you can use anything present without worry.