Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Rowdy Rudy II: POWERTRIP! Vanilla community project (Work in progress)

8 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Looking really good! I had compiled a rough new build incorporating Solmyr’s map before I started having computer troubles. Soon as I’m able, I’ll update it once again and post a build with every map submitted to date.

Theres still a lot of fine-tuning to be done, but I see the finish line on the horizon!

Thx man, just making sure of one thing. I played map 09 and immediately idclev'd outta there after 3 mins. Making sure that you want modest gameplay, E1/plutonia difficulty correct?

Posted (edited)

@Bloodskull it seems that many people have commented on the difficulty of my map. I’m sad that few seem to want to play it, but could you describe what was the turn off? I already went through once to tone down monsters and up armor and health.

There are features I’d like to keep in, but I’d rather people actually enjoy the maps I make so any feedback is appreciated.

EDIT: I downloaded the current beta and found it doesn't have my most up-to-date version of security station as I changed a bit of balance and added blue armor into the start. hopefully you were talking about the version in beta 8. Hopefully the latest version is incorporated into the next beta @Doomkid If you need a relink I can but should be on page 9. The only change i could see to that version is maybe the rocket men at the start could be replaced/removed.

Edited by DerFurer'sFace

There was some small tweaks I wanted to make anyways so here's V5. Only major changes include an added early berserk secret and removal of the flame caco in the beginning, other monster changes were slight and mostly concerning the beginning area.

LINK

@Bloodskull That’s totally fine, the first half of the set will be easier in general than the second half, so I’ll make sure your map ends up surrounded by other maps of similar difficulty, probably around slot 6, and DFF’s map can be put a bit further back so it’s also among maps of similar difficulty.

@DerFurer'sFace The previous version you posted was in a build that I unfortunately haven’t able to share - this latest version will definitely be incorporated when I’m able to get back to it. I’m sorry for the delays and confusion. I think your map looks and plays really well, if others are finding it difficult I’ll simply move it further into the pack. There’s meant to be a pretty big difficulty ramp throughout the set.

Ill make sure everyone’s map gets an appropriate sky as well using a Mapinfo lump, so don’t worry about the skies being mismatched based on their place in the wad.

20 hours ago, DerFurer'sFace said:

@Bloodskull it seems that many people have commented on the difficulty of my map. I’m sad that few seem to want to play it, but could you describe what was the turn off? I already went through once to tone down monsters and up armor and health.

There are features I’d like to keep in, but I’d rather people actually enjoy the maps I make so any feedback is appreciated.

EDIT: I downloaded the current beta and found it doesn't have my most up-to-date version of security station as I changed a bit of balance and added blue armor into the start. hopefully you were talking about the version in beta 8. Hopefully the latest version is incorporated into the next beta @Doomkid If you need a relink I can but should be on page 9. The only change i could see to that version is maybe the rocket men at the start could be replaced/removed.

Its nothing personal to you, the design was fine. But you gave us the bfg in the start of the game, and I'm dealing with 40 revenants a cyberdemon and it turned into a slaughter map. I just can't do slaughter maps.

Posted (edited)

@Bloodskull oh, that was not my map, did you say map09? My map was security station which is currently map09 in the most recent alpha. I think you were playing an older alpha. My map doesn’t have a BFG or cyber at all so just a little mess up.

no worries though, even though you were referencing a different map it helped me change a few things in mine anyways.