Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CasualScrub

The Angry Video Game Nerd just did a video on Chex Quest.

I stopped watching after he mentioned you-know-what. SO. CLOSE.

I love how he actually liked the game for once. Definitely one of his better AVGN videos in recent years, and it didn't rely too heavily on gimmicks.

It's maybe a little disappointing that these video creators always go straight to Brutal Doom when discussing Doom things, but to some degree I understand why, and it's fine when its not really the core focus of the video, I feel. In any case, I actually really liked this video, and AVGN's usually pretty hit-or-miss for me. I guess if anything, it shows how much of a weird exception chex quest was in the world of marketing videogames.

itt people who dislike brutal doom turning a topic about AVGN playing chex into brutal doom

it's almost like this keeps happening

Anyway this video was pretty good and refreshingly positive.

Granted, I kind of like his Cinemassacre stuff more than AVGN. Love the Rental Reviews series. He seems to be the most passionate and sincere when talking about movies, especially old horror movies.

I was looking at this thread going "wtf, i swear all the comments were different yesterday". I r dumb

brutal or not
the "commercial" at the end was golden.

This game was never avaible in my country ut instead of that we got other pc games from cereals back in 2006-5
Most of them was some showelware crap but sometimes they gave us some pretty famous games like Crazy Taxi 

2 hours ago, Gothic said:

Maybe both threads should be merged

i concur

On 8/21/2019 at 3:13 PM, CasualScrub said:

Will you people seriously get over BD already? I swear...

Okay, so maybe we sorta got off on the wrong foot here...

I don't mean to come across as terse when I say something, but it's just that at some point you have to get over it. BD will be popular and enjoyed by many people regardless of your own opinion of it, and its something you need to just accept.

Anyone see the last AGDQ with Chex Quest? I feel like he saw the AGDQ run of Chex Quest and decided to make a video on it.

Odd he's become a parody of himself "I haven't said fuck enough times in this video." Why did he cover it when he gave it a passing review? Because of his new budget for being part of Amazon Prime? He's like the Lego movie, but "everything is awful! Everything is cool when you're bashing a game!"

In all seriousness, good video. I thought he lost a step back when he had a video or two that felt like just him on a webcam without the craziness.

6 hours ago, geo said:

Anyone see the last AGDQ with Chex Quest? I feel like he saw the AGDQ run of Chex Quest and decided to make a video on it.

Odd he's become a parody of himself "I haven't said fuck enough times in this video." Why did he cover it when he gave it a passing review? Because of his new budget for being part of Amazon Prime? He's like the Lego movie, but "everything is awful! Everything is cool when you're bashing a game!"

I’m not sure if you’re being serious, it’s hard to read tone in posts sometimes.. but, if you are, I never felt like AVGN reviews were “negative for the sake of being negative”, it’s more like he gives his honest opinion while saying things like BUFFALO DIARRHOEA FUCK as often as possible - which is juvenile as fuck, and I love it. I never get the feeling he lies though for lulz sake, he almost always mentions the positives when there are positives to mention. At least, that’s how he’s been since I started watching in 2011 or something. His oldest videos were a bit dated for me.. but just from watching his stuff regularly he actually seems like one of the kindest popular people on YT (big ramble as a result of me possibly misunderstanding your post)

Hey, thanks for sharing! ^_^ I don't think I watched this guy before (definitely heard/read about him) but this was genuinely fun.

And yeah, I absolutely love Chex Quest.

8 hours ago, MrFlibble said:

Hey, thanks for sharing! ^_^ I don't think I watched this guy before (definitely heard/read about him) but this was genuinely fun.

And yeah, I absolutely love Chex Quest.

Wow, not often I come across people who haven't seen any AVGN before. Glad to introduce you, he's got a lot of content you'd probably enjoy.

it's much better than the episodes he's done recently. i feel like the show's been running out of steam for the past 2 years or so with a few exceptions, but if the videos keep being of this level of quality, maybe it'll get better soon.

1 hour ago, Viscra Maelstrom said:

it's much better than the episodes he's done recently. i feel like the show's been running out of steam for the past 2 years or so with a few exceptions, but if the videos keep being of this level of quality, maybe it'll get better soon.

How can you say that when this video exists? smh

53 minutes ago, Mr. Freeze said:

How can you say that when this video exists? smh

it's one of the better ones this year, especially compared to the Aladdin Deck Enhancer video that preceded it. 

I kind of like this video, but i'm neutral on the end bit where they showcase Brutal Doom. I mean, i have no big problems my fair share of problems with BD, but that was well-executed.

Not saying i haven't watched the rest of the videos, but i wanna stay on-topic.