Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LadyVader1138

Angry Video Game Nerd: Chex Quest

It's kinda rare to see him compliment a game that is featured in AVGN, he pointed out some mistakes, but that's fair I guess.

This is the most glowing review I’ve ever seen from AVGN. Great episode and glad to hear him mention that there’s loads of mods out there!

It was fun. Honestly the positive review was cool and refreshing, since his most recent work hasn't really left much of an impression on me.

Developer of the two Angry Video Game Nerd games here! Yes this episode was great! I'm planning to do something Doomish soon, I can't really talk about it but this episode was cool to see. If anybody has played them, the AVGN games are packed with Doom references.

2 hours ago, FreakZoneGames said:

Developer of the two Angry Video Game Nerd games here! Yes this episode was great! I'm planning to do something Doomish soon, I can't really talk about it but this episode was cool to see. If anybody has played them, the AVGN games are packed with Doom references.

OMG, I love the first game (never did get the second as it didn't get released on the 3DS)! It's one of my favorite all time games! And of course I enjoyed the Cacademons!

Still, that last level caused me to die about as much as the other eight combined if not more.

Edited by LadyVader1138

Speaking of Chex Quest...

Anyone ever notice that there is no difference between the difficulties? At least, not that I can tell...

3 minutes ago, maxmanium said:

Speaking of Chex Quest...

Anyone ever notice that there is no difference between the difficulties? At least, not that I can tell...

The hard coded differences between the equivalents of IDWTD and NM should still be in there.

2 minutes ago, LadyVader1138 said:

The hard coded differences between the equivalents of IDWTD and NM should still be in there.

Oh yeah, those are there. As far as Thing placement is concerned tho...

It was a pleasant surprise of a review, and it was nice that he also mentioned GZDoom (and well sourceports) as a whole. He and Mike have put out a few Doom videos  under James & Mike Mondays, but it'd be nice to see an actual tribute episode to Doom and Doom II. You can tell the guy really respects Doom, mentioning it a number of times and it shows in the videos they've done together.

Well, Doom is a very important franchise in the history of video games, with a high profile even during its "dark age" from 2004 to 2016. I personally only started playing with the series less than a month ago, but I've been aware of its presence ever since I was a kid in the mid-90s.

I've never seen that game before , great video. I do enjoy a bit of AVGN his Amiga 32 episode made me laugh a lot.

On 8/23/2019 at 1:24 AM, LadyVader1138 said:

OMG, I love the first game (never did get the second as it didn't get released on the 3DS)! It's one of my favorite all time games! And of course I enjoyed the Cacademons!

Still, that last level caused me to die about as much as the other eight combined if not more.

Thanks! If you have a Nintendo Switch you'll get to play the 2nd game soon as both are coming in an enhanced collection.

6 hours ago, FreakZoneGames said:

Thanks! If you have a Nintendo Switch you'll get to play the 2nd game soon as both are coming in an enhanced collection.

YES! Thanks for telling me about it! I can't wait!