Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Armaetus

New hardware

I got a Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer, Creative Inspire Dolby 5.1 5300 5 speaker set, each for $99. Also a Plantronics gamers headset with mic, which hope will be better than my other $9 crap mic. The Audigy came with an AOL CD, which I went outside and torched as it is evil

yea they are nice. however i find that all of the needed features are on the last of the live series. it has all i need for now and i got it super cheap, $40, every were else has them for 70+

Heh, I've still got my SB Live! PCI128D sound card. Works for me...

honestly games have never had stiff soundcard requirments. i know people who made spanking new systems yet still use the AWE64 card from 1996. Someone who just built a new system put one in it. kida funny to see the specs.
2200 AMD athlonXP
512 DDR memory
raidon 9700
Intel fast ethernet
ASUS on board SCSI
100GB SCSI hard drive
48x cd burner with DVD support.
second DVD drive
and the AWE64 soundcard

I know but it does all he needs it to do, the only reason i upgraded from my SB128 card was for surround sound and dolby support.
I dont see upgradeing the card for a long time, also the other card had firewire, but when i want that i will get a firewire card. however i have no hardware that uses firewire so no need