Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sunbeam

BorderDoom: Doom + Borderlands gameplay (update 1.2)

Hi guys!
I just uploaded a new video with an overview of the mod's new gameplay features. Have fun! 😊

IMHO...

Spoiler

With the exceptions of some special TCs/WADs (Doom 64 Retribution for instance), (G)ZDoom mods aren't really welcome here and are generally unpopular, especially gameplay mods. People won't insult, mock you or something like that though, but I think you are better staying in your ZDoom thread.

That is just my personal opinion from months of looking at this forum board.

Other than that, your mod seems decent. Any info on the release date?

Edited by TheNoob_Gamer

14 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

IMHO...

Hide contents

With the exceptions of some special TCs/WADs (Doom 64 Retribution for instance), (G)ZDoom mods aren't really welcome here and are generally unpopular, especially gameplay mods. People won't insult, mock you or something like that though, but I think you are better staying in your ZDoom thread.

Why that? I think everyone should be free to post his mods where he wants.

I look's cool and im want to try just because i can't play Bordelands 2 at the moment.

Just now, jamondemarnatural said:

Why that? I think everyone should be free to post his mods where he wants.

I look's cool and im want to try just because i can't play Bordelands 2 at the moment.

I also think the mod and its execution works really well, from those 2 videos.

On 9/6/2019 at 3:36 PM, TheNoob_Gamer said:

IMHO...

Reveal hidden contents

That is just my personal opinion from months of looking at this forum board.

I did not know about this "rule". Where did you read that?

Thank you. 😊 There are still some things left to do like testing and balancing. But other than that I think that a release in a couple of weeks seems realistic. 👍

45 minutes ago, Sunbeam said:

I did not know about this "rule". Where did you read that?

Thank you. 😊 There are still some things left to do like testing and balancing. But other than that I think that a release in a couple of weeks seems realistic. 👍

Its not a rule, but generally people on Doomworld ignore gameplay mods and come here just for maps.

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 9:36 AM, TheNoob_Gamer said:

(G)ZDoom mods aren't really welcome here and are generally unpopular, especially gameplay mods.

This seems odd, considering they give out Cacowards to mods. And to say they are not welcome here, seems rude.

46 minutes ago, Payload4367 said:

This seems odd, considering they give out Cacowards to mods. And to say they are not welcome here, seems rude.

100% agreed. TheNoob_Gamer's comment wasn't very relevant or accurate. @Sunbeam thank you for sharing your mod with us! I'm not sure it's something I'd personally want to play Doom with, I didn't really enjoy what I played of the Borderlands series all that much, but your mod looks well-made for sure.

Should have made my point clearer, as I wasn't trying to attack the mod and the author himself in any kind of way. I even think the mod and the concept itself is cool.

What I meant is this board prefers maps, Dehacked stuff to gameplay mods; and generally it is not a good way to post your gameplay mod on Doomworld to gain popularity, unless you have a huge background and you are a well known member.

It is my personal opinion from years of lurking on Doomworld, so take my word with a grain of salt.

Edited by TheNoob_Gamer

This forum is called WADs & Mods, which also includes the word projects in its description.

I think this falls under Mod and project don't you guys? Honestly any Doom engine game project should be welcome here.

If need be, split up the forum into Maps/Mods like ZDoom did a long while ago.

On-topic: I love the Borderlands games and this concept is really cool. I've seen this before I think but it was a long time ago. Keep up the good work.

Watched the first video, might want to tone down that recoil a little lol

Edited by Nevander

43 minutes ago, Nevander said:

Watched the first video, might want to tone down that recoil a little lol

Just loot a Hyperion weapon ;P

Just kidding, should be tweaked  a little to not mess with the camera.

On 9/6/2019 at 6:36 PM, TheNoob_Gamer said:

(G)ZDoom mods aren't really welcome here and are generally unpopular, especially gameplay mods. People won't insult, mock you or something like that though, but I think you are better staying in your ZDoom thread.

Unpopular? Yes

But "aren't welcome here"? Nope. This is complete BS.

Anyone is free to post their doom related work here, even if its a gameplay mod and made for GZdoom. Of course I do recommend the author to also post the mod on Zdoom forums if he wants more people to try it.

1 hour ago, ReaperAA said:

Unpopular? Yes

But "aren't welcome here"? Nope. This is complete BS.

Anyone is free to post their doom related work here, even if its a gameplay mod and made for GZdoom. Of course I do recommend the author to also post the mod on Zdoom forums if he wants more people to try it.

Yeah, I went a little bit too far there, I'd admit.

Anyway, the author has posted this project on ZDoom forums already, in fact, the project has been existed for like 6 years.

Edited by TheNoob_Gamer

As long as it doesn't include bosses with 20,000 hit points that take 2 hours to defeat, and other generally sluggish gameplay, it's a good idea. I only played Borderlands 2, and I heard the first game was better about this, but man it really gets into serious rinse-and-repeat gameplay when you get to high levels. I used to actually fall asleep when playing co-op, lol.

3 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

What I meant is this board prefers maps, Dehacked stuff to gameplay mods; and generally it is not a good way to post your gameplay mod on Doomworld to gain popularity, unless you have a huge background and you are a well known member.

While people definitely prefer maps, I think if anything they should post it wherever it's relevant. That includes Doomworld.

If you're not interested, you just ignore the topic, after all.

Thank you guys for your feedback! 😊

I just made a new video using the Demon Staff on Nuts2.wad. Please see the first post!

Update: A gameplay video of map 1 to 3 of Doom 2 with BorderDoom. (see first post)

The mod will be released on 18.10.!

39 minutes ago, Sunbeam said:

Update: A gameplay video of map 1 to 3 of Doom 2 with BorderDoom. (see first post)

The mod will be released on 18.10.!

nice!

I'm sorry to hear this. Obviously this is a matter of taste. Since I liked Borderlands and that game had this as well it wasn't a problem for me.

I don’t know why, but this mod is not so cool as it seemed to me before. Looking at the trailer and screenshots, I thought it would be a very good mod. But, as soon as I played, I realized that he is not bad, but not good.

10 hours ago, Sunbeam said:

I'm sorry to hear this. Obviously this is a matter of taste. Since I liked Borderlands and that game had this as well it wasn't a problem for me.

If you do such a recoil weapon, then add the ability to disable it. The main problem is the strong displacement of the sight after the shot.

Just try to play your mod using only the keyboard and freelook option. You will understand what I mean.

Two issues I came across:

1. The awful recoil so maybe lower it a bit to tolerable levels? 

2. Ammo seems scarce and limited due to bad ammo drop RNG so maybe increase drop rate for ammo or guaranteed random ammo drop with a possible weapon or armor drop?

Honestly Borderlands had better recoil control than what your aiming for.

This looks very cool and as a huge Borderlands fan this might be just what I need to spice up my Doom.   Downloading now...

On 10/19/2019 at 2:51 PM, Armolitskiy said:

I don’t know why, but this mod is not so cool as it seemed to me before. Looking at the trailer and screenshots, I thought it would be a very good mod. But, as soon as I played, I realized that he is not bad, but not good.

Again I am sorry to hear this. If you can please find out what you don't like and tell me.

17 hours ago, Doomenator said:

If you do such a recoil weapon, then add the ability to disable it. The main problem is the strong displacement of the sight after the shot.

Just try to play your mod using only the keyboard and freelook option. You will understand what I mean.

This is something I did not think of - I'm always using mouselook. Noted!

52 minutes ago, Philnemba said:

Two issues I came across:

1. The awful recoil so maybe lower it a bit to tolerable levels? 

2. Ammo seems scarce and limited due to bad ammo drop RNG so maybe increase drop rate for ammo or guaranteed random ammo drop with a possible weapon or armor drop?

Honestly Borderlands had better recoil control than what your aiming for.

Maybe I have to revisit Borderlands and see how they did it. 😉

I might have an idea regarding the ammo. Will look into it. 👍

45 minutes ago, joepallai said:

This looks very cool and as a huge Borderlands fan this might be just what I need to spice up my Doom.   Downloading now...

Have fun! Please give your feedback once you have played it.

So a full week has passed and the mod got more downloads. Do any more people want to comment on this? What's the highest level you got?