Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maxmanium

GZDoom Weapon Auto-Center

I realize this is a bit niche, but is there any way to disable this (with or without mods)? It’s a small change so I haven’t been able to find any threads on it.

I've opened this post a few times, trying to understand the request.

It's either 1 of 2 things.

1.  You mean the weapon in the center of the screen.  That's where it has always been in classic Doom.  Doom (2016) added the weapon offset, and had an option to center them as a throwback.

2.  You're playing with a mouse/gamepad and your look auto centers when moving.  That's called lookspring, check your mouse options and disable from there.

Hope this helps, couldn't let your question go unanswered.

Or how firing during weapon bobbing snaps the weapon to the center of the screen?  In vanilla doom it would go straight up from its position in the bobbing motion when firing.  Certain source ports give the option to enable this but I'm unsure if it can be disabled in GZDoom.

4 hours ago, CrbnBased said:

58 minutes ago, okbuddy said:

Or how firing during weapon bobbing snaps the weapon to the center of the screen?  In vanilla doom it would go straight up from its position in the bobbing motion when firing.  Certain source ports give the option to enable this but I'm unsure if it can be disabled in GZDoom.

okbuddy is right

I just looked through the options and compatibility settings and I couldn't find anything to disable it.  Forum user TDRR has a dehacked patch that enables the weapon centering on ports that don't support it.  Maybe you could ask them if it can be done the other way around.